PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Man I understand all the frustrations with Bledsoe and all, but tell me were his recievers really that good and why did they try and change from being an all out air attack to running the ball more. When Bledsoe was doing wonderful two years ago they were saying that it was due to the defense that we were doing bad and now you are all upset because Drew Bledsoe has a bad year. It was because he had no recievers and no offensive line and the fact that the head coach and the offensive coordinator were too conservative on their play calling. They would rather pass the ball on 3rd and short then run it. Come on you all act like the whole reason that the Bills lost last year was solely Drew Bledsoe's fault. I mean yeah he had his worst year as a pro but that is not entirely his fault. They should never have gotten rid of Peerless, Larry Centers, and Remiersma. He surely is a hell lot more better then Rob Johnson. Lets give him one more year and see how he does before we go get the lynch mob and hang him. Give him something that he can work with and see what he can do.

The Natrix
02-17-2004, 12:19 PM
:deadhorse :z:

The Spaz
02-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the zone kwharter!:up::beer:

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:27 PM
I have been a huge fan of the Bills for years. The last few have been disappointing to say the least. Yet to see people jump all over a quarterback like he is the whole team and the whole reason for the failure of the Bills is rediculous. I mean yeah he was horrible but he wasn't as bad as RJ or even as bad as say Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf. That is how everybody is looking at it.

Jeff1220
02-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by kwharter
Man I understand all the frustrations with Bledsoe and all, but tell me were his recievers really that good and why did they try and change from being an all out air attack to running the ball more. It was because he had no recievers and no offensive line and the fact that the head coach and the offensive coordinator were too conservative on their play calling. They would rather pass the ball on 3rd and short then run it.

The problem is that they didn't change from the "air-it-out" mentality. The team was designed in the offseason of 2003 to be a power running attack, yet Kevin Gilbride had Sam Gash lining up as a frickin receiver! If they had been more conservative, third and shorts would've been powered through by TH rather than Incomplete or picked off by a DB. As of now I lay the majority of the blame on the coaching, but I am still quite weary of Drew's ability, and hope it was just a really off year.

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes most of the blame should be on the coaching staff and it was that is why it has totally been revamped.