PDA

View Full Version : Free agency.

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:34 PM
The Bills need to acquire players at several key postition. The Bills need a right defensive end, a tight end, a full back, a wide reciever, and nickel and dime backs. Of these I think they have the best chance to get a good wide reciever either by draft or free agency, as well as a right defensive end but the others I do not know about. Can someone tell me who some good nickel and dime backs are that we might be able to get?

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Does anybody believe we might have a chance at Will Smith?

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Here is a list of free agents and were they are profected to go.

http://qisports.com/freeagentprojections.html

The Spaz
02-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Right DE is covered with Schobel we need a bigger LDE to stop the run and at least put occasional pressure on the QB. FB we either resign Gask or go with Shelton. We do need another receiver. Nickele and dimebacks are set with McGee and Thomas but one signing in FA or draft couldn't hurt. Mcgee could move up the depth chart if we don't resign Winfield and fail to acquire a sufficient replacement. TE I feel we may need another one but isn't that high of a priority. I think are needs woudl be in no particular order LDE, FS, WR, OG, C, QB

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:46 PM
I am sorry I did mean LDE and not RDE. I don't think Ryan Denney or anybody else we have is the answer.

kwharter
02-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Here is a list of free agents.
http://qisports.com/freeagentlist.html

The Natrix
02-17-2004, 01:04 PM
I think getting a DE can be put off for a year. See what Kelsay/Denney do this season. The line was getting good pressure the last few games.

A playmaking TE would be nice, but I think it would be a luxury pickup because the current TEs block well. There are to many other holes to fill.

I would like to add another WR to the mix, but I don't think it needs to be a big time receiver. The last thing we need is for Drew to be throwing even more.

Fullback? Maybe...

McGee will do as long as Winfield is signed/replaced

What I think the needs are from most important to least important:

OL
QB
CB (if Winfield leaves)
FS
WR
DE
TE
K

ScottLawrence
02-17-2004, 02:37 PM
We shouldn't put off DE this year!

I would pick up someone in Free agency like Eric Hicks or Bert Berry and rotate Kelsay into the mix.

This is how I rate our need:
C
G
DE
WR
TE
FS
QB
K

ShadowHawk7
02-17-2004, 05:36 PM
I think it's more like
C
G
FS
WR
QB

I rank FS so high, b/c unless we get a Law or Bailey to replace Winfield, we won't get the turnovers we'll need for a truely dominating D. WE ranked 9th in pass rush, so don't blame it on that. I'd say 15 picks in 2004 wud be great. That's why Sean Taylor wud be worth trading up for...

HenryRules
02-17-2004, 06:25 PM
CB is our most glaring need in free agency.

Winfield is not signed for next season and only one person seemed to acknowledge this fact. A backfield of Clements, McGee, and Thomas is gonna get burned.