PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Gray should be fired!

Novacane
10-13-2002, 03:43 PM
This is 4 games in a row that opponents have killed us with the same freakin game plan! This guy only knows one thing. He should be outta here. He is horrible!

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 03:47 PM
He's not bad. The Scheme makes him look bad, and GW is too damn ignorant to change it. We need an experienced Defensive Coordinator.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 03:48 PM
He's not bad? Have you seen anything good from his defense? GW should get canned for bringing him in here!

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 03:53 PM
I don't mean he's good. I think GW deserves a lot of blame. No his defense has not been good, but the scheme is godamn awful. He needs a lesser role. We need an experienced coordinator like I said. I think that GW is too damn ignorant to let Gray change his scheme.

Buffalofan
10-13-2002, 05:17 PM
I say dump both them losers !!!!

casdhf
10-13-2002, 05:18 PM
someone changed something...the second half adjustments were really good

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Yeah...there was a serious change made in the 2nd half. Maybe they'll use it as the base D in the future??

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 06:09 PM
That question can only be answered at the end of the season, and I would bet anything I have that Gray will be here, whether he deserves it or not. I think we need to give him one more year with trying to fix the defense this offseason in the draft. If we traded for Ray Lewis instead of Bledsoe (as DB has been the best QB in the league this year), drafted Julius Peppers or Ryan Sims instead of Mike Williams #1, drafted a stud steal DT instead of a stud steal Josh Reed at #2, and Ron Edwards made a HUGE jump in quality play from his rookie year to his second year instead of Marques Sullivan, IMO I don't think we would be calling for Jerry Gray's head, but rather for Kevin Gilbride's after AVP was sacked due to no time to pass.

Halbert
10-13-2002, 06:34 PM
C'mon. Take a look at our DL and tell me that ANY coordinator could make silk out of that sow's ear.

I said before the season started that the D might start out rough but they should be playing at an average level by the end of the season. Based on our play so far I'm wondering if we'll even make it to average but there's still time and we'll just have to wait and see.

No matter what, Gray gets at least another year to see what he can do when we bring in FA reinforcements next summer. He and GW know their defense intimately but it needs the right personnel and we have to let them assemble the cast. They should get the chance to plug the rest of the holes (some major) next summer. They built some impressive units in the past so give them some time here before we throw them to the wolves.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Halbert..........to blame this all on the lack of line talent is not fair!

Gray plays the same crap everygame. As some pointed out he finally made some adjustments in the second half. Why did it take 4 weeks? I am not sold on GW or JG

Romes
10-13-2002, 06:57 PM
B2R to blame this all on GW or JG is not fair. The players are the ones on the field and they have to make plays.

BlackJohn
10-13-2002, 06:58 PM
we should can gw and his horrible 46 and go get Parcells

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:03 PM
Cal..........There is some talent on this Defense. I know there are a few posisitions that need to be upgraded and some players need to pickup thier play but did you ever stop to think that the "defensive genius" that we have as our head coach is not putting them in the correct defense? I lay more blame on the lack of coaching that players

Don
10-13-2002, 07:08 PM
the D did really great at stopping the texans last 4 downs

Halbert
10-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Everything flows from the D-line. I thought we be ok at that unit but we haven't. Williams makes more than his share of plays, Chidi makes enough plays to be respectable, everybody else is completely invisible. I'd be generous to give them a D overall.

Romes
10-13-2002, 07:09 PM
B2R I don't know who is more to blame but I do agree that there are problems with coaching. Does that mean get rid of JG or GW. I'm not sure. All i know is the only players I can think of on defense that are playing as well as they should be are Pat Williams and arguably Schoeble

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I know that very few are playing well and that is what has me going crazy! We are supposed to have one of the best CB tandems in league. Fletcher had almost as many tackles as Ray Lewis the last 3 years! Newman showed flashes of talent under Cotrells D. Why are so many "good" players playing bad? I have to think the coachs are putting them in a scheme they are not good at.
I know canning gray right now is not gonna help. He has to stop being arrogant and admit this scheme is not working. That is what has me so pissed at him. How many games does he have to see the D suck before he wakes up?

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 07:18 PM
I agree. We have the talent on D to be at least "average" instead of the worst in the league. It has to be the scheme we are playing.

I just wish I knew what was changed in the second half. The D seemed a lot better after halftime.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I agree. We have the talent on D to be at least "average" instead of the worst in the league. .

And with the Offense we have all we need is an average D. I would kill for an average D.

Typ0
10-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Winfield and Clements are non-existant. We need them to step up more and we will be much better. Priloue and Fletcher seem to be playing well also. Fletcher has made a lot of open field tackles that saved huge gains. It's our pass defense that is stinking up the place and then they are getting some good runs because of our inept pass D.

Romes
10-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
I know that very few are playing well and that is what has me going crazy! We are supposed to have one of the best CB tandems in league. Fletcher had almost as many tackles as Ray Lewis the last 3 years! Newman showed flashes of talent under Cotrells D. Why are so many "good" players playing bad? I have to think the coachs are putting them in a scheme they are not good at.
I know canning gray right now is not gonna help. He has to stop being arrogant and admit this scheme is not working. That is what has me so pissed at him. How many games does he have to see the D suck before he wakes up?

I completley agree. I'm not a fan of the 46 right now. It is supposed to make up for the huge bad plays by creating big plays for the defense. Problem is there have been no big plays for our D. If our D was ranked 20th or higher I would be content.