Dulphins look interested in Henson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

Dulphins look interested in Henson...

Dolphins: Henson to get private interview

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Monday, February 16, 2004

News
    Miami general manager Rick Spielman came away impressed with Drew Henson after the Texans put him on display for 20 NFL teams last Thursday, and the Dolphins will schedule a private interview with the former Michigan quarterback in the short term. ''His arm strength is as good or better than anyone coming out in this year's draft,'' Spielman told the Miami Herald after Henson misfired on only five of 72 throws. "Everything there says he can make all the throws he needs to make at the next level. Watching it live verifies what you see on tape. Hopefully, by interviewing him and getting a chance to visit a little bit, you can get a conclusion on how much football he still knows or doesn't know and how long it would be [for him to adapt] from a mental standpoint."

What are the chances they trade for him, and he turns into the next Ryan Leaf or Mirer? He looked great in his workout, but that was in shorts and without a live game setting and 200-300lb. people trying to pummel his arse!

I hope they trade for him, and he sucks. hehe
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

He might work out for them with Ricky, they kind of want someone that might be ready to take over midseason if Fiedler doesn't work out.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BillsBoy
      • Aug 2002

So have the Dolphins pretty much given up on Griese? In his showing in those few games that Fiedler was hurt, he played like many of us thought he would...mediocre at best. Any word on if he is going to be there next year?
      If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i hope they get him... that would leave rivers for us.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsBoy
          • Aug 2002

Any chance that we trade down to pick 18 or 19 in the draft and get another pick, and still get Rivers before the Dolphins get a chance Tatonka?

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

I think they are looking for a presence with athletic ability and a big arm, someone like that makes Greise expendable.
            Originally posted by BillsBoy

So have the Dolphins pretty much given up on Griese? In his showing in those few games that Fiedler was hurt, he played like many of us thought he would...mediocre at best. Any word on if he is going to be there next year?
            Originally posted by Tatonka
            i hope they get him... that would leave rivers for us.
            Rivers needs to be bought along in someone's farm system, I wonder if the fins are looking to invest that time in him. I know Ricky wont carry the team through musical QB,s for another season without the playoffs.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
              I think they are looking for a presence with athletic ability and a big arm, someone like that makes Greise expendable.

Rivers needs to be bought along in someone's farm system, I wonder if the fins are looking to invest that time in him. I know Ricky wont carry the team through musical QB,s for another season without the playoffs.
              If the Dolphins take Henson they won't be looking at Rivers. The only team that would worry me is Pittsburgh.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                If the Dolphins take Henson they won't be looking at Rivers. The only team that would worry me is Pittsburgh.
                Exactly, I dont think they want to invest a year in teaching Rivers to throw overhanded and teach him the playbook. Henson might be ready to step in Midseason, if he learns plays quickly.

Comment

• BillsBoy
                  • Aug 2002

What pick does Pitt. have again? Forget off top of my head.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Loosing their OC and QB coach I wonder if Pitts. is looking to invest the time to Deprogram Rivers from Amato's offensive Virus.

Rivers has run the same Plays for four years and has to be bought slowly into an NFL system.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsBoy
                      What pick does Pitt. have again? Forget off top of my head.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Pitts. is at #11 and need to bring in a RB as well, Maybe they go after Loosman.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice

Loosing their OC and QB coach I wonder if Pitts. is looking to invest the time to Deprogram Rivers from Amato's offensive Virus.

Rivers has run the same Plays for four years and has to be bought slowly into an NFL system.

He has more polish than most QB's in this years draft class. What's this about a virus he has been very very productive in that system.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

He has more polish than most QB's in this years draft class. What's this about a virus he has been very very productive in that system.
                            He was very productive and went to some Bowls and holds all the ACC QB records, But that offense doesn't look like an NFL offense at all.

Rivers is a Baller.

Comment

• BillsBoy
                              • Aug 2002

Thanks! So we can't help if Pitt. takes Rivers, unless we trade up, which I don't think we will do.

So if he is there at #13, anyone think we trade down for an extra pick?

Comment

Working...
                              X