PDA

View Full Version : playcalling early

JefftheBillsfan
10-13-2002, 03:46 PM
ok....on the opening drives in todays game...henry was consistently getting 7 or 8 yards on first down. we would then pass on 2nd and 2, and on 3rd and 2. bledsoe wasnt on early, i think they should have kept pounding henry early, a drive or 2 was shut down early due to the playcalling IMO

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 04:09 PM
I agree. I think the play calling early was horrible. Especially the first 3rd and short in a shotgun. The second third and short in the shotgun I think they had not intention of passing and knew they could get the first down running Centers but that strategy was just plain stupid. If you're going to throw on third and short, which the Bills have done successfully all year, you at least keep the backs in the backfield most of the time so they are a threat. I was steaming, but at least Gilbride came out of it and called a good to excellent game the rest of the way. Early on it was just plain dumb.

JefftheBillsfan
10-13-2002, 04:12 PM
i dont have a problem throwing on third and short when the passing game is clicking on all cylinders and the run game is struggling, but early on this hardly wasn't the case.