PDA

View Full Version : Who are realistic FA that TD might sign?

samhain1961
02-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Without travelling too far into fantasyland or listing your "wishlists", which freeagents out there do you believe The Bills have a legitimate shot at acquiring?

juice
02-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Bobby Taylor? He was injured this season and isn't the Top 5 name range.

ryven
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
DE Eric Hicks could be had for a low price. Hey but who knows what TD is going to do he pulled some pretty amazing stuff last year.

Romes
02-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Ahmed Plummer, Will Peterson, Antoine Winfield (he will be a FA), Shawn Springs I also think we have a shot at Charles Woodson.

mypoorfriendme
02-18-2004, 12:27 PM
charles woodson :drool:

JefftheBillsfan
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
1 of the Eagles CBs would be ideal, since they would only sign for a year or 2. that will give us time to see if mcgee is the real deal

ryven
02-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
1 of the Eagles CBs would be ideal, since they would only sign for a year or 2. that will give us time to see if mcgee is the real deal

Thats not a bad idea.

MTBillsFan
02-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Hopefully we pick up a quality O-lineman like Adam Meadows

ScottLawrence
02-18-2004, 03:37 PM
My Realistic Wish list:

C Rich Braham
G Chris Villariel
CB Ahmed Plummer
DE Chris Hicks.

They are all descent and affordable.

Romes
02-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Bober the Giants center is also someone we may pick up. He has played with McNally and may want to come here.

Tatonka
02-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by MTBillsFan
Hopefully we pick up a quality O-lineman like Adam Meadows

i looked into this.. meadows was actually replaced by a 4th round pick.. Diem..

i am not sure that i want to pay for a guy that couldnt hold the starting job on his last team..

i think he may be alot like ruben.. name recognition.. but not so great on the field.

Jeff1220
02-18-2004, 05:24 PM
I think A. PLummer would be a nic replacement for Winfield.

Tatonka
02-18-2004, 05:28 PM
honestly, there are roughly 8 other cbs out there on the fa market that would be suitable replacements to go into camp with.. and contrary to what alot of people think, i dont think it is a stretch to say that mcgee may be ready for a starting spot next season..

hopefully, he wont revert like watson did, then thomas last year, after finishing up strong this past season.

deathadder
02-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i am not sure that i want to pay for a guy that couldnt hold the starting job on his last team..

i think he may be alot like ruben.. name recognition.. but not so great on the field.

Well I guess you didn't look into that good. Adam Meadows was injured last year with a Shoulder injury, that is why he was replaced. He is now completely healed.

BillsFever
02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
I have a feeling he will make a run for Shawn Springs. It might just be a pipe dream though :D

deathadder
02-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Well I guess you didn't look into that good. Adam Meadows was injured last year with a Shoulder injury, that is why he was replaced. He is now completely healed.

juice
02-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by deathadder

Good point.

deathadder
02-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Also, heres some proof...

He went to become the starting Guard while Diem took the right tackle position...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1731781

A second-round pick in the 1997 draft, the former University of Georgia standout became a starter in his rookie campaign, and averaged 15.2 starts over his first six NFL seasons. Last spring, Indianapolis shuffled its starting unit, elevating Ryan Diem to the No. 1 spot at right tackle and Meadows was relegated to a reserve role.

The seven-year veteran appeared in 12 games and started five contests, mostly at guard, before concluding the season on injured reserve. In all, Meadows has played 103 games, starting in 96 of them. He played his rookie year at left tackle, moved to right tackle in 1998, and was a fixture at the latter

juice
02-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Point Taken.

deathadder
02-18-2004, 06:23 PM

He went to become the starting Guard while Diem took the right tackle position...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1731781

A second-round pick in the 1997 draft, the former University of Georgia standout became a starter in his rookie campaign, and averaged 15.2 starts over his first six NFL seasons. Last spring, Indianapolis shuffled its starting unit, elevating Ryan Diem to the No. 1 spot at right tackle and Meadows was relegated to a reserve role.

The seven-year veteran appeared in 12 games and started five contests, mostly at guard, before concluding the season on injured reserve. In all, Meadows has played 103 games, starting in 96 of them. He played his rookie year at left tackle, moved to right tackle in 1998, and was a fixture at the latter

deathadder
02-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Woops, Double post... Sorry :banme:

Bert102176
02-18-2004, 07:27 PM
depends on if we can get Bledsoe and others to restructure their contracts

ShadowHawk7
02-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Hicks, Woody, Kliensausser, Withrow, Northcutt, are all very possible. If we don't resign Winfield, I wud LOVE Vincent or Woodson!!! :drool:

thenry20
02-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I think A. PLummer would be a nic replacement for Winfield.

Don't think the niners would let him go. Unless they signed someone like Winfield to replace him.

elltrain22
02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Am i the only one here who thinks Winfield is coming back?? Bobby Taylor, Bober ( from NYG ), and Darell Jackson are just 3 names off the top of my head that would be nice.

mypoorfriendme
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
considering TD has said "when someone doesnt want to talk, the conversation isnt going to be good" referring to the winfield situation, i dont think its likely that winfield is going to be in a bills uniform next year. the question is who is going to replace him (mcgee or a FA or maybe even a rookie??)

The Spaz
02-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by thenry20

Don't think the niners would let him go. Unless they signed someone like Winfield to replace him.

The 49ers already have to worry about Julian Peterson.

juice
02-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Am i the only one here who thinks Winfield is coming back?? Bobby Taylor, Bober ( from NYG ), and Darell Jackson are just 3 names off the top of my head that would be nice.

Winfield is pissed at TD because they wouldn't talk contract at the beginning of the season when he made it clear he was willing to talk. I dont blame him.

The Spaz
02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by juice

Winfield is pissed at TD because they wouldn't talk contract at the beginning of the season when he made it clear he was willing to talk. I dont blame him.

I thought they were talkiong about a contract. Winfield said that if he didn't get a contract before the season started he wasn't going to talk about it during the season.

Romes
02-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I thought they were talkiong about a contract. Winfield said that if he didn't get a contract before the season started he wasn't going to talk about it during the season.

Yup, basically Winfield feels that the opportunity to be a FA only comes around a on or two times in a player's career. He just wants to see how much he is worth. He is curious.

Tatonka
02-18-2004, 09:19 PM

Last spring, Indianapolis shuffled its starting unit, elevating Ryan Diem to the No. 1 spot at right tackle and Meadows was relegated to a reserve role.

can you read your own post? that is what i read.. i thought it spelled it out pretty clearly..