PDA

View Full Version : bondra

realmendontwearteal
02-18-2004, 12:42 PM
The caps have sent Peter Bondra to the Sens in exchange for a player and a minor leaguer from the sens minor league team

qcsabresfan84
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM
this trade puts some pressure on darcy to make a trade now in order to keep up with the division. I heard that the rangers are looking to trade Alexei Kovalev and the frontrunners are Buffalo and St. Louis. I really hope we dont trade for him though, he's only good when he's with Mario Lemieux.

Demon
02-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
this trade puts some pressure on darcy to make a trade now in order to keep up with the division. I heard that the rangers are looking to trade Alexei Kovalev and the frontrunners are Buffalo and St. Louis. I really hope we dont trade for him though, he's only good when he's with Mario Lemieux.

With Bondra and Steve Sullivan being traded for so cheap, it would be really dumb to deal a Afinogenov and/or Roy to get Kovy IMO. I have a feeling we can get someone else besides Kovy for much much cheaper.

alyson
02-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I was sad to see Bondra go. He's a huge part of that team. From what I read, he's not all that happy either. Oh well. There are worse teams he could've gone to.
We CANNOT get rid of Max. He's playing well lately. He's totally on his game. But, like many of our players, he is inconsistent. I don't want to see him go though. I'm so glad all those Miro trade rumors are in the past!

realmendontwearteal
02-18-2004, 02:27 PM
werent the caps having money problems too i saw the panthers and 17 other NHL teams lost money from the huge loss.

The Spaz
02-18-2004, 02:30 PM
This is ridiculous Sullivan gets picked up for 2 2nd round picks and Bondra is gone for a minor league player and a draft pick. WTF are we waiting for?:mad:

mchurchfie
02-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Regier is sitting on his ass like usual.:cynic: Bondra has always been a thorn in our side, now we have to put up with him everytime we play Ottawa. That's one thing I always liked about Muckler was the fact that he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger and bring in players.

BiggPDaddy
02-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
This is ridiculous Sullivan gets picked up for 2 2nd round picks and Bondra is gone for a minor league player and a draft pick. WTF are we waiting for?:mad:

Exactly. 2nd Round picks in the NHL are a crap shoot, it's not like the NFL. The Sabres could have easily made one of these moves. Bondra has been a Sabre killer, it would have been great to have him on the team.

Reiger says there are no move to be made. Maybe he needs to pick up the phone and call some GMs around the league BEFORE the trade deadline. He has made some pretty solid deals in the past but he wait too long to pull the trigger.

pyrrhonist
02-18-2004, 05:02 PM
When I saw the deal on TSN.ca, the first thing I wondered was: Did Washington gift wrap Bondra before shipping him off? They practically gave him to Ottawa as a gift. I'm sure Ð will love to read this news, eh?

The worst part of it all is that Gonchar is still available from the Caps, if all the rumors are true. I would assume, though, that a team like Colorado, Vancouver, or Detroit would push hardest for him.

Demon
02-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Jim Kelley said on WNSA today that Bondra went to a team like Ottawa instead of someone like Buffalo because they thank him for his efforts in Washington and if he can't play in Washington anymore, they wanted to give him a team with a Stanley Cup chance, which Ottawa is. Kelley said theres still loyalty in the game of hockey even though noone talks about it and this is just one example.

It makes sence if it's true.

Valerie
02-19-2004, 08:09 AM
The Caps are really going to hurt after this trade. Bondra was the highest scorer on the team and he was a fan favorite. The Caps don't sell out games to begin with. By getting rid of all their good and popular players, I have a feeling the attendance will be even lower.

realmendontwearteal
02-19-2004, 08:27 AM
the sens wont give bondra a chance to win a cup....they do have a good team......can they compete with a redwing or avs team that is most likely gonna win the west at the end of the year.... how bout no

Ð
02-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Cool! I'll take his -17 any day when the Leafs are playing him.

Martin is trying to make the Sens into a women's team.