PDA

View Full Version : WYSGUY STATS 101: If you take away Travis's best run and one TD...

Ð
10-13-2002, 04:20 PM
He was still the best back in the NFL today!

Oh I guess to be fair, consistent, unbiased and capable of independant thought, we should take away the fumble, too :D

mybills
10-13-2002, 04:31 PM
:rofl: BD

shelby
10-13-2002, 04:50 PM
:urock:

i thought Travis looked pretty good today.:up:

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-13-2002, 04:57 PM
I bet you he is reviewing the film and crunching his numbers as we speak. He did have them few runs for no gain.

Do you really want your RB to have 5 carries a game with no yards or a negative gain?

We're just having fun with ya, Wy's

casdhf
10-13-2002, 05:07 PM
I'm not. 15 threads on the same topic, by the same author gets very annoying. :shakeno:

:D

Buffalofan
10-13-2002, 05:20 PM
The only stat necessary is this ... 6 games ... and fumbles in 5 of them. Say what you want but the boy cant hold the ball.

Butch
10-13-2002, 05:54 PM
You know, if you take away Henry's 5 worst carries of the year, his 5 fumbles, he is having one of the best year's of any NFL running back.

mybills
10-13-2002, 06:17 PM
I just bought a case of OH HENRY'S! :evil:

Michael82
10-13-2002, 06:45 PM
All I'm going to say is look at my sig.... :up:

Ð
10-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Speaking of Oh Henrys, poetic justice would be to throw a few in Wys' pool :D

Tatonka
10-13-2002, 06:55 PM
he also RECOVERED a fumble of drews =)

WG
10-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Henry played a great game today, particularly in the first half when he was the offense. He did disappear for brief stretches in the 2nd half however. Great game nonetheless.

You have to be concerned over his "fumblitis" however. There're no if's, and's, or but's about that. Once again, his inopportune fumble puts Houston, the worst offensive team in the league, a team laden with rookies and below average players, in the game.

Keep in mind that this was the Texans. If Henry can come out and have 300 combined yards vs. the Phins, Pats, and Lions, prior to our bye week, and not have more than 1 fumble in those three games, and not have fewer than 70 rushing yards in any one game, then I'm all for him being our starter for the rest of the year as long as he continues to play well.

But if he puts up 30 yards next week on 18 carries again, then he will simply have proven that he isn't consistent. Once again, the only reason that Houston is even in the game in the last minute knocking on our door to tie or win w/ a 2-pt. conversion is solely due to the only turnover in the game by Henry down within our red zone and leading to 7 points for Houston.

Let's see how he does next week and v. the Lions and Pats and then come to a conclusion for the last 7 games after the break. But these fumbles have got to stop. Colder, icier, snowier weather isn't going to help that go away.

WG
10-13-2002, 07:17 PM
Yes, T, he did recover at least one of Drew's fumbles. Heads up play amidst several Texan players.

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 07:22 PM
I agree on his fumblitis right now, but Wys, I believe the worst game he had was against Minnesota when they stacked the line against him, and he had 12 carries for 30 yards. But other than that he's been pretty good I must say. Also, the reason the Texans were in it all the way was because we played like crap in the 1st Half.

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 07:36 PM
Wys, keep in mind this is the Texans. In four previous games the top rushers against them were--

Emmitt Smith 16-67
Ladanian Thomlinson 27-84
Edgerrin James 25-88
Duce Staley 12-33
Travis Henry 28-159

WG
10-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Do an analyis of how many rushing yards they got against us too. Same thing coming back this way.

As I said, Henry had a great game. Undeniable! But let's see how he does against the Phins, Pats, and Lions next.

I'm not gonna rate Henry's season against the Jets and Texans.

80, the bottom line is that Henry once again cost us 7 points. If the Texans by chance win this game by pitching a TD, a distinct possibility vs. our D, and then subsequently win the game, they couldn't have done it w/o Henry's fumble and resulting Texan TD seconds later.

I really don't want to discuss this again all week. Let's just see how he does against the Phins on Sunday. I even predicted that he'd have a good game. It's the Texans after all. ;)

Quite honestly, we should have mopped up in this game and it should have been over at the half. Instead, they were in it until the very end.

Not good! We can make all the excuses we want, but we're simply not good on D. So much so as to negate any advantages we may have on offense regularly.

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Pretty good company

Ð
10-13-2002, 11:35 PM
notice the subject is changed all of a sudden LOL

WG
10-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Face it Doug, we simply cannot start a RB each game who spots the opponent 7 points in every other game.

Additionally, deserved kudos went out to Henry, but he still needs to start putting some good games back to back. Let's see how he does v. Miami next week. Denver had 23 carries for 92 yards by their RBs today. So Henry should be able to come close to matching that.

Let's also hope he doesn't decide to spot Miami 7 points too. We can't afford that against Miami.

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 06:39 AM
If you took away Henry's long runs, he had 1 carry for 2 yards.

Hardly impressive!

Ð
10-14-2002, 08:25 AM
Indeed!

ublinkwescore
10-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Damn Henry does suck - if you take away all his long runs and all he got was 1 carry for 2 yards.

WG
10-14-2002, 10:50 AM
LOL EE!!

I did give Henry full credit for a good game played however. I just wish that in the games that he played like crap it would have been reciprocated by admitting that he did suck instead of making up a list of excuses that would make a defense attorney proud.

;)

John Doe
10-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Since when is the running game dependant on just one player? If the line can't block what is being thrown at them, then Henry will have a bad day. This implication by Wys that the entire responsibility of the team's success at runing the ball is Henry's alone is falacious to begin with.

Judge
10-14-2002, 11:46 AM
Kudos to Travis on playing a solid game yesterday.

He's GOTTA stop the fumbling if he wants to keep the job, though- the harm caused is axiomatic, and cannot continue for a true feature RB.

Patrick76777
10-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Henry played a great game today, particularly in the first half when he was the offense. He did disappear for brief stretches in the 2nd half however. Great game nonetheless.

sometimes I wonder if you even follow the flow of the game. The Texans came out in a cover 2, we ran all over them, just like we did against the Jets cover 2. This is why we couldn't pass in the first half. It took the coaches awhile to figure this out. Then the Texans are getting killed by the run so they make changes to stop Henry in the second half, which accounts for him "disappearing", then what happens. Pass happy O comes back.

Did you not see this?