• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

UFAs the Bills are not negotiating with

include FB Sam Gash, RB Sammy Morris, DE Keith McKenzie, LB DaShawn Polk, and CB Daimon Sidney.

link

i was hoping Sammy Morris and Sam Gash would stay.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

That leaves us without a FB, doesnt it? Other than Shelton the scrub.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

I was hoping for Gash, Morris and Polk to be back next year
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• thenry20
        • Jan 2004

Re: UFAs the Bills are not negotiating with

Originally posted by shelby
        include FB Sam Gash, RB Sammy Morris, DE Keith McKenzie, LB DaShawn Polk, and CB Daimon Sidney.

link

i was hoping Sammy Morris and Sam Gash would stay.
        I think Morris would be the greatest loss here. We need a Tasker or Pike-like leader on ST.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Ya, i was totally rooting for Gash, Morris, and Polk. Morris never reely had a chance, and did good in spot duty. I cud see y Gash wudn't want to come back, even now that KG is gone. He prolly lined up as a reciever more than at FB! Polk is a very solid STmer, along as a solid backup LB. He may be starting material, so he mite want to explore options in the FA, unfortunalty. I hope we keep Polk and Morris, cuz along w/ Wire, they are special team demons, and leaders.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

it just says "presently not negotiating".. i dont take that to mean that they definately wont be back.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

I'd really be suprised if Sammy Morris re-signs. I think he's got enough talent and is young enough to be a 3rd down back on a team. He's gotta know that looking at our current roster, with Henry and McGahee, he's not gonna be a 3rd down back here and may end up getting cut. I don't think 6-10 teams with new coaching staffs can attract players to those sort of situations.

(I know teams normally carry 3 backs and we've carried 4, so thus after McGahee and Henry, there is a spot for Morris - but at the same time, I think it's a stretch to say he's the sort of player that is guaranteed a roster spot).

Polk is a similar situation as well.

Sidney and McKenzie ... no big loss (although losing McKenzie would really create a need for any sort of veteran presence at DE with all the youth there).

Gash is the only one that I think we'll take an on-field hit by losing ... but even with him, we're not talking the Gash of his first go 'round. He can still give the pops when he hits the defender, but even when he's in there, he doesn't seem to have his old agility to find the defender (it wasn't great back in the day, it's worse now).

Personally, I think McKenzie is the biggest loss - and more for his off-field help (obviously not his on-field contributions).
              Last edited by HenryRules; 02-18-2004, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

I think all those players except Morris can be replaced. Morris is a unique player and I would like to see him re-sign.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Bills | Planning To Keep Stevenson - from www.KFFL.com
                  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:55:10 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills plan to keep LB Dominique Stevenson, who will be an exclusive rights free agent, by making binding qualifying offers.

Bills | Planning To Keep Burns - from www.KFFL.com
                  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:55:05 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills plan to keep RB Joe Burns, who will be an exclusive rights free agent, by making binding qualifying offers.

Bills | Planning To Keep Brown - from www.KFFL.com
                  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:54:46 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills plan to keep QB Travis Brown, who will be an exclusive rights free agent, by making binding qualifying offers.

Bills | Talking Contract With Edwards - from www.KFFL.com
                  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:54:42 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills are talking to DT Ron Edwards, who will become a restricted free agent in March. If Edwards doesn't sign, he will be tendered an offer, giving Buffalo refusal rights or compensation if they sign elsewhere.

Bills | Talking Contract With Sullivan - from www.KFFL.com
                  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:54:19 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills are talking to OL Marques Sullivan, who will become a restricted free agent in March. If Sullivan doesn't sign, he will be tendered an offer, giving Buffalo refusal rights or compensation if they sign elsewhere.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                    • Jul 2002

sammy morris is a force (and capitan) on special teams and a good backup. he is definalty a guaranteed roster spot

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tanked
                      sammy morris is a force (and capitan) on special teams and a good backup. he is definalty a guaranteed roster spot
                      wasn't he the emergency QB also?

Byrd.

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tanked
                        I don't think he'd be cut ... but that's a far stretch from guaranteed.

Remember, we have a new special teams coach. He's obviously not going to do everything the same way the previous coach did, so who knows if Sammy's role in special teams is going to be as big?

(Oh, and one thing about Bledsoe ... he is one of the NFL's least-injured QB's. So an emergency QB is next to useless).

Comment

• TKO
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                          That leaves us without a FB, doesnt it? Other than Shelton the scrub.
                          I know mostly everyone loves Gash & the leadership he brings, but Shelton is no scrub. Fred Taylor, Natrone Means, James Stewart, & Anthony Thomas all ran perfectly fine behind him for the Jags & Bears. He has been out of football for nearly a year, but that doesn't mean he's a scrub.

Comment

Working...
                          X