X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

-- Dolphins to Bid for Henson --

The Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are expected to enter the bidding for QB Drew Henson of the Houston Texans. An NFL source said Wednesday that Houston GM Charley Casserly has presented a trade proposal to the Dolphins for Henson, a heralded prospect the Texans are shopping for a high draft choice. The Dolphins are expected to meet with Texans management this week for further discussions at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

And they might go after T.O. as well I heard that on the news down here they said that he had the phins on his list.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

They'll end up giving up a 1st. When every other team in the league would get him for a 2nd.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I hope the Phish get RJ Jr.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

One thing TD said this morning on WNSA is that Houston has to sign him first and they are only allocated so much money to sign rookies (which I think everyone realized this).
          The interesting thing is that once Henson signs a contract it can not be re-negotiated for 12 months. As a result it might be behoove Henson to go back into the draft as opposed to do a sign and trade because he would get less money upfront if he does a sign and trade.

Comment

• superbills
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ryven
            And they might go after T.O. as well I heard that on the news down here they said that he had the phins on his list.
            Miami's 10.5 million over the cap. Where the hell are they going to get the money to sign all of these players?
            "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
            Ronald Reagan
            40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Henson will only have a $250 to $300K cap figure (at least this season)

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by superbills

Miami's 10.5 million over the cap. Where the hell are they going to get the money to sign all of these players?
                Hey I didnt say it was going to happen but I was watching the news here in FLA. and they said he was interested to play in miami so if they can get some of there people to restructure and with this cap moving up to 80.5 million it might happen.

Comment

• superbills
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ryven

Hey I didnt say it was going to happen but I was watching the news here in FLA. and they said he was interested to play in miami so if they can get some of there people to restructure and with this cap moving up to 80.5 million it might happen.
                  Sorry, Ryv man, I wasn't questioning you at all !

I'm just confused as to how the Dolphins can even think about a guy like Owens when they're already so far in the hole. I mean, it seems like that's a lot of restructuring! Not only do they have to make room for TO's fat contract, but they have to make room for they're rookies, etc. All I can say is I'm glad our GM has us in the black cap-wise. The Dolphins are so far in the red they may as well be...the Redskins
                  "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                  Ronald Reagan
                  40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                    • Jan 2004

TO has a LONGG Short list.... I even think Buffalo is on his short list.

LOL.
                    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

If Miami gives their #1 for Henson, cud we nab Rivers in the 2nd? If we didn't believe we cud get him w/ our 2nd rounder, we could then trade down, grab a extra 2nd, and grab Carey in the late first. That wud be awesome. Carey, Rivers, Evans...
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X