X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Is Mcnally the answer?

I was listening to WGR on Tuesday night and they had on a gentleman from ourlads scouting service on and when they were discussing who the Giants may select he went on a 5 minute rant about how the Giants had the worst line in the league last year. When Brad rider the host indicated that he was the Bills new line coach he said good luck. He sounded as if he was a New Yorker and a fan of the Giants. He said that they let Mcnally choose the players and that he tried to bring in a bunch of Free agents and career backups and they did not respond to his coaching at all. Not sure what to think about that. I had never even heard of Mcnally before we got him. Then I was excited because everyone said how great a coach he was. Now I am not so sure what to think.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Umm there o-line was a bunch of rookies that consisted of draft picks and undrafted free agents. They had to use them because their whole o-line was hurt moist of they year and yet Collins got sacked less than Bledsoe. The Giants haven't drafted an o-linemen in the top 3 rounds since 97 I beleive.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Just telling you what the guy said man. I am hoping he was wrong.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Just telling you what the guy said man. I am hoping he was wrong.
        I hear you but whoever that ourlads guy is he sounds like a schmuck. Everyoen gives praise to McNally and he would be around as long as he has if he sucked.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Maybe it was just an off year, and you are right about their line injuries.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Maybe it was just an off year, and you are right about their line injuries.

Comment

• TKO
              • Dec 2003

Typical of McNally, long regarded as one of the NFL's premier offensive line assistants, he simply shrugged and got to work refashioning the unit. And the result of his labors? "Phenomenal," assessed Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi following the Saturday overtime victory that earned New York a wild-card berth. "Nothing short of phenomenal, what he's done with that group. "In camp, I went to him and said, 'Look, we don't have a lot of (salary) cap room, but we can get one veteran guy for you.' There were still some players like Ben Coleman, guys like that, out there in free agency. He just shook his head. He felt that he could get it done with the younger guys." The so-called younger guys comprise a quintet that, even in the faceless universe of offensive line play, has managed to raise anonymity to new standards. It is a nondescript but overachieving line with maybe one Pro Bowl-caliber player in Petitgout. It is a group whose sum is far superior to the individual components. For much of the season, it has been a group with just one starter from 2001, and with zero starters at the positions they played a year ago. In addition to Petitgout, the starters were left guard Rich Seubert, center Chris Bober, right guard Jason Whittle and right tackle Mike Rosenthal. Zeigler, as it turned out, was able to play in just two games before going on injured reserve. Entering the season, only Petitgout, the Giants' first-round choice in the 1999 draft, had more than nine starts on his professional résumé and had virtually no experience at left tackle. The other four players totaled 14 starts.
              More...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

THanks TKO that is a little more assuring!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

he can't be any worse than the last few idiots we had in here.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Very true!

Comment

• BigZ
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      he can't be any worse than the last few idiots we had in here.
                      :

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

NOBODY can be worse than those idiots, can they?
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

That moron from Ourlads doesn't know his arse from his elbow. McNally is regarded as one of THE best O-line coaches, and has done great work wherever he's gone. To think he sucks because the Giants' O-line ONE YEAR was bad is the height of ignorance. I guess that genius missed the fact that the Giants lost their starting RG and RT to FA prior to last season and had to replace them with scrubs, lost their returning starting LT for 6 games and returning starting LG for 10 games, and that that their returning starting center had to play 5 games at RT, during which time the team went 1-4. Well suffice it to say that McNally is home and will do the best job he's ever done, and has a lot more talent to work with than he had with the Giants.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Good post. McNally has a 20+ year record of excellence. He is one of the 2 or 3 most respected O line coaches in the league. Why would anyone begin to doubt his ability based on one idiotic, negative report?
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

Methinks that Ourlads guy should stick to scouting players and NOT coaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X