Is Drew Henson the sports world’s Anti-Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

Is Drew Henson the sports world’s Anti-Christ?

After reading this past Valentine’s Day weekend sports pages I’ve come to the sobering conclusion that Drew Henson, Michigan QB- turned Yankee 3rd base prospect- turned 2004 NFL Draft enigma – is actually the sports anti- Christ. Harsh? Maybe. But as I look back at what affects my sporting allegiances the most I continually come full circle back to the same individual- Drew Henson. His birthday was this past Friday- Friday the 13th to be exact. He wore number 7 as a Wolverine- originally he requested 666- but the kid working the equipment room rounded it up.

Henson is in a unique position right now trying to use his draft status to work a lucrative contract and have somewhat of a say in his final destination. My beloved Buffalo Bills are one of the teams trying to win his services – and bidding wars are never good. Why do they need a quarterback? Because Buffalo needs insurance behind Drew Bledsoe following a putrid 2003 season. How did Buffalo end up with Bledsoe? He lost his job in New England to Tom Brady- a Michigan QB with strong ties with- you guessed it – Drew Henson.
    ....more...

Get into the Zone
  • TKO
    • Dec 2003

Good article for those of us that dread seeing Henson in a Bills uniform. I just wish the Texans would finalize something so that all this speculation would go away.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Shouldn' there be horns on this pic that would be sweet.

Comment

• bills_phan
        • Jul 2002

Columns like this one show how unprofessional this site really is. You people are all about the fancy pretty avatars and your oh-so-cool signitures and your petty bickering about crap you have no clue about. It's like a friggin soap opera half the time. Fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff!!!

Nice article to put on your front page - "Drew Henson is the Anti-Christ" (because 666 rounded up = 7???????) Give me a freaking break!!!
        GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Must be a Yankee fan

Comment

• bills_phan
            • Jul 2002

Hardly. Seriously, how does an article like this make it on to this site, let alone the front page?
            GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Buffatexas
              • Aug 2002

don't like it, then don't post or at least limit your critique to the post at hand. Don't belittle the whole site calling it unprofessional and nothing but fluff. A lot of people have put hard work and effort into this site and although I am not one of them, I surely appreciate what they do even if I don't agree with some of the posts.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_phan
                Hardly. Seriously, how does an article like this make it on to this site, let alone the front page?
                It's supposed to be light hearted opinion. You don't find it odd he's got a hand in every major sports story?

We welcome anyone's opinions- got one? We will be glad to publish it.

If you don't like the avatars or smilies, then feel free to turn them off- you have the power. The Zone comes in color, or dull black & white for your viewing pleasure!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Columns like this one show how unprofessional this site really is. You people are all about the fancy pretty avatars and your oh-so-cool signitures and your petty bickering about crap you have no clue about. It's like a friggin soap opera half the time. Fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff!!!

Nice article to put on your front page - "Drew Henson is the Anti-Christ" (because 666 rounded up = 7???????) Give me a freaking break!!!
                  first i wanted to say..

second.. i didnt write the article!
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• bills_phan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

first i wanted to say..

second.. i didnt write the article!
                    OK, not everyone on this site is full of fluff, but there are a good number of posters who are. First off, I've been reading (and occasionally posting on) this site since the beginning. JJames' graphics are sweet, no doubt. You've also got the best looking front page going (again, due in large part to JJames' graphics). I can even live with the custom avatars, at least the less flamboyant ones. That said, my gripes are as follows:

1. The custom image signitures have got to go! I'm sure you all think they're very cool and that you're all Photoshop geniuses, but for the most part, you're not. Spattering your "Zoner" name all over every freaking post you write is not fresh, it is obnoxious.

2. Has the DF/RJ debate ever ceased? Whether it's Drew Bledsoe or Drew Henson, everybody's got a problem with the quarterback. Everybody's an expert and you all seem to be longing for the same old ugly debates. "Pick a position and live and die by it". I've never seen so many irrational, illogical and overly emotional posts OVER and OVER and OVER again. I know the offseason is sometimes boring, but please, for the love of God, PLEASE stop spewing the same crap over and over again.

3. Well, at least wyswings doesn't see to post here anymore. Please don't point out any of his posts if I'm wrong. Ignorance is bliss.

Here come the responses:

If you don't like it, don't come here!

Nobody asked your opinion!

You're right! Unfortunately, my Bills addiction will not let me avoid a site that DOES in fact contain original content and info about my favorite team. It's like a train wreck, I can't help myself. However, if I have to read one more of Tatonka's 6000+ posts on why either Drew is the next coming of Rob Johnson, I think I'll have to throw my monitor out the window. Maybe some of you would like that now. Maybe I'll just put him on my ignore list, but then I'd probably miss half the posts on this site.
                    GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

However, if I have to read one more of Tatonka's 6000+ posts on why either Drew is the next coming of Rob Johnson, I think I'll have to throw my monitor out the window. Maybe some of you would like that now. Maybe I'll just put him on my ignore list, but then I'd probably miss half the posts on this site.

JUMP.. JUMP.. forget the monitor!!!
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Buffatexas
                        • Aug 2002

I don't think it is like that phan, all I said was if you didn't like the article then dont post, I never told you not to come here. As far as the RJ/DF/DB and now DH banter goes, yeah it does get tedious, but I can remember prior to the glory days of this internet thing, sitting around debating Ferguson/Mathison/Dufek/Ferragamo and even the great Jim Kelly when he first got here...QB debates, no matter how meaningless will never cease...

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

you can turn the sigs and avatars off too.. that is such a lazy complaint..

here are my suggestions..

1. use the ignore button.. for me or whoever else you want. because i have never seen you post anything of any relivance that has kept me more informed about the bills.. so if i am on ignore and cant have a conversation with you, i really could care less.. you are insigificant.. have you ever posted breaking new? have you ever submitted a link to a good article that was not already found? no... you leach off the site and offer nothing, then complain about its content? give me a break

2. turn off the avatar and sig pictures under User CP if you have a issue with them, instead of whining about them being obnoxious. that fact that you are whining about it instead of doing something about it is obnoxious in itself.

3. get over yourself. this is a message board designed to give fans a place to vent their opinions on the team.. good or bad.. and it is being used as such.. sorry that there isnt a filter that sorts all the posts that you disagree with out, but you need to just look past it instead of about it.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

You know every web site has that one guy who thinks he is above everyone else. Calm down dude, I see your point on the multiple posts on the same subject but is that a reason to get your panties in a bunch. This site is open to everyone and anyone so you get the kids and the fans that don't know as much as you. Let it go, this web site is suppose to be fun. I don't come on here to be serious. I don't see a problem with people's avatars either, my God, talk about getting upset over something stupid. If you really want to see some lame posts go over to the Buffalobills.com message board. With all of your knowledge you should fit right in there.

Excuse the F out of us if we all have an opinion. Why don't you set up your own site so you can explain everything to us.

Comment

• bills_phan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

JUMP.. JUMP.. forget the monitor!!!
                              OK there, Fluffy. Might be time to step away from the message boards, Neo. You might just be putting a little too much time into your online persona. There's a lot to do away from the keyboard, but judging by your 6100 posts, you haven't been doing any of it.

I'll shut up now. I just felt I finally had to add my 2 cents.
                              GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X