• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

ESPN NFL insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1738892
    You got to buy the insider to read the story how STUPID they'll do anything to get your $
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

I'm beginning to think this isn't going to be a big offseason for us in free agency ...
    the cap went up more than expected, giving every team an extra mil and a half or so (meaning more teams are going to be shopping and less players are going to be available)
    the going rate for a QB (salary-wise) is way more than I expected it to be meaning we won't get as much room through a Bledsoe restructure as previously thought
    most of the top CB's are probably going to be franchised or re-signed, leaving a huge demand for the remainder (and again, every team has more money to spend)

Let's hope the draft goes well.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I've been thinking that as well, HR

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

basically, they think cotrell will get him to come to the vikings.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
          I'm beginning to think this isn't going to be a big offseason for us in free agency ...
          the cap went up more than expected, giving every team an extra mil and a half or so (meaning more teams are going to be shopping and less players are going to be available)
          the going rate for a QB (salary-wise) is way more than I expected it to be meaning we won't get as much room through a Bledsoe restructure as previously thought
          most of the top CB's are probably going to be franchised or re-signed, leaving a huge demand for the remainder (and again, every team has more money to spend)

Let's hope the draft goes well.
          Originally posted by Dozerdog
          I've been thinking that as well, HR
          you guys are so "glass half empty"...
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I posted somewhere that the league had over $250 million in free cap space- and that was with the cap at $78 million.

Now there is an additonal $60 million ( $2 million per team)

Buffalo will have just enought to fill some needs. We aren't splurging like the past season or two

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I think this is a year that teams will overspend on free agent talent early in FA. With so much money available teams will end up overpaying for players. AW will probably get a 5 year 35Million contract...

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by don137
                I think this is a year that teams will overspend on free agent talent early in FA. With so much money available teams will end up overpaying for players. AW will probably get a 5 year 35Million contract...
                Not bad for a guy that has all of 6 picks to his credit! I really don't care if Winfield goes, maybe the Bills can actually sign somebody who can intercept a pass once in a blue moon.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

I agree with Bulldog. Get us someone who can make some plays.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

We got some talent in the wings too. McGee had a good rookie year for the playing time he had. He has a lot to learn but look who he has to teach him, Milloy, clements, Jery Gray...

We will not be as good on both sides for sure but if we can fix the DE position I think we would look better even with out AW.
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Winfield is a solid corner and a sure tackler, but the Bills would be foolish to pay him the kind of money he is going to demand. Sign a free agent and see how McGee looks in training camp.

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

McGee had 2 more Ints than winfield and about 1/6th the playing time
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Good point!

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
                            http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1738892
                            I might go ahead and just subscribe to ESPN Insider. I like the option of watching PTI whenever you want (sometimes, if I work late, I miss the show), plus it would give you their draft coverage. My brother has it and he really likes it.

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

His tackling skills will be sorley missed, but we can replace him, i really think we can.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X