PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL insider

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-19-2004, 09:53 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1738892
You got to buy the insider to read the story how STUPID they'll do anything to get your $ :chair: :monkey:

HenryRules
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm beginning to think this isn't going to be a big offseason for us in free agency ...
the cap went up more than expected, giving every team an extra mil and a half or so (meaning more teams are going to be shopping and less players are going to be available)
the going rate for a QB (salary-wise) is way more than I expected it to be meaning we won't get as much room through a Bledsoe restructure as previously thought
most of the top CB's are probably going to be franchised or re-signed, leaving a huge demand for the remainder (and again, every team has more money to spend)

Let's hope the draft goes well.

Dozerdog
02-19-2004, 10:25 PM
I've been thinking that as well, HR

Tatonka
02-19-2004, 10:37 PM
basically, they think cotrell will get him to come to the vikings.

Tatonka
02-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I'm beginning to think this isn't going to be a big offseason for us in free agency ...
the cap went up more than expected, giving every team an extra mil and a half or so (meaning more teams are going to be shopping and less players are going to be available)
the going rate for a QB (salary-wise) is way more than I expected it to be meaning we won't get as much room through a Bledsoe restructure as previously thought
most of the top CB's are probably going to be franchised or re-signed, leaving a huge demand for the remainder (and again, every team has more money to spend)

Let's hope the draft goes well.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
I've been thinking that as well, HR

you guys are so "glass half empty"... :snicker:

Dozerdog
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
I posted somewhere that the league had over $250 million in free cap space- and that was with the cap at $78 million.

Now there is an additonal $60 million ( $2 million per team)

Buffalo will have just enought to fill some needs. We aren't splurging like the past season or two

don137
02-20-2004, 06:45 AM
I think this is a year that teams will overspend on free agent talent early in FA. With so much money available teams will end up overpaying for players. AW will probably get a 5 year 35Million contract...

Bulldog
02-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by don137
I think this is a year that teams will overspend on free agent talent early in FA. With so much money available teams will end up overpaying for players. AW will probably get a 5 year 35Million contract...

Not bad for a guy that has all of 6 picks to his credit! I really don't care if Winfield goes, maybe the Bills can actually sign somebody who can intercept a pass once in a blue moon.

ryjam282
02-20-2004, 09:44 AM
I agree with Bulldog. Get us someone who can make some plays.

Voltron
02-20-2004, 09:47 AM
We got some talent in the wings too. McGee had a good rookie year for the playing time he had. He has a lot to learn but look who he has to teach him, Milloy, clements, Jery Gray...

We will not be as good on both sides for sure but if we can fix the DE position I think we would look better even with out AW.

Bulldog
02-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Winfield is a solid corner and a sure tackler, but the Bills would be foolish to pay him the kind of money he is going to demand. Sign a free agent and see how McGee looks in training camp.

Voltron
02-20-2004, 09:59 AM
McGee had 2 more Ints than winfield and about 1/6th the playing time :nerd:

Bulldog
02-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Good point!

R. Rich
02-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1738892 :chair: :monkey:

I might go ahead and just subscribe to ESPN Insider. I like the option of watching PTI whenever you want (sometimes, if I work late, I miss the show), plus it would give you their draft coverage. My brother has it and he really likes it.

elltrain22
02-20-2004, 11:57 AM
His tackling skills will be sorley missed, but we can replace him, i really think we can.

don137
02-20-2004, 12:42 PM
The thing about Winfield is that other teams loved to throw his way because they knew the worst thing that would happen is an incomplete. They never had to worry about a Int...