PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Brunell is a skin

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
'Skins, Brunell Reach Agreement
Jacksonville QB Mark Brunell agreed to a seven-year, $43 million deal with the Redskins late Thursday. That clears the way for a trade next month in which the Jags will get a third-round pick.

http://msn.espn.go.com/ :pow:

Tatonka
02-19-2004, 10:38 PM
i just dont get why they pay a guy so old so much money. crazy.

Tatonka
02-19-2004, 10:38 PM
but at least he wont be a dolphin.

chubluv
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i just dont get why they pay a guy so old so much money. crazy.

I agree with you on that... Now do you really think they will put ramsey on the trading block ? And would the Bills go after him if he is up for sale?

Dozerdog
02-19-2004, 10:42 PM
He won't see the last 3 years - he will be a cap casulaty by 2007.

Tatonka
02-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by chubluv
I agree with you on that... Now do you really think they will put ramsey on the trading block ? And would the Bills go after him if he is up for sale?

i dont know that i want ramsey.. i am not sold on him yet.. and apparently, mr. gibbs isnt either.

DraftBoy
02-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Id do it for a 3rd and maybe a player but not much more. Hes too improven as of yet. No way to tell if its him or Spurrier's fun and gun.

Dozerdog
02-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Next up-

San FRan is considering dumping Garcia as well.

DraftBoy
02-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Ill pass....

juice
02-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Next up-

San FRan is considering dumping Garcia as well.

Didn't they make him one of the leagues highest paid a couple of years ago?

DraftBoy
02-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Gannon is also expected to be waived...another pass

Mr. Cynical
02-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Sigh. My Brunell Bandwagon is officially in the ditch and in flames. :(

(not that I really expected anything to happen but anyway....)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7102377 :100:

chubluv
02-19-2004, 11:35 PM
I dont think we should go with another veteran QB that has been around for awhile.I would like to see us go after a Qb in the draft or one that has 3 years expieriece or less. Because Bledsoe is our man next year, and who knows how much longer then that. So I want to groom someone instaed of getting a Warner, gannon, B Johnson, Garcia type of player.

mypoorfriendme
02-19-2004, 11:42 PM
just puts ramsey out as another qb on the market, maybe a possibility as a dolphin. thats one more team not chasing henson and or rivers!

OpIv37
02-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I don't think Ramsey is spectacular, but I'd take him over Garcia, Gannon or Henson. He's the best mix of youth and experience amongst those three, and he can take a beating.

Mr. Miyagi
02-20-2004, 12:00 PM
If they do keep Ramsey and make him a backup, they'll be making a big mistake. He needs more starting time to develop, he could be good. Sitting on the bench won't do him any favor.

socalfan
02-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I would expect that the Redskins brought in an old timer like Brunnel just to get Ramsey some time to develop without getting him beat up first. IMO Ramsey is still their QB of the future.

don137
02-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
I would expect that the Redskins brought in an old timer like Brunnel just to get Ramsey some time to develop without getting him beat up first. IMO Ramsey is still their QB of the future.

The problem is with the money they are paying Brunell they don't plan on him just playing for one year. He will be there starter for 2 maybe 3 years. By that time Ramsey will be so ticked he will bolt after the 2006 season and he would never sign back with the skins.

IMO he will do everything possible to get traded.

Bert102176
02-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I would like for us to go after Ramsey but only if we can't get Rivers in the draft, I really like them both and can't choose

socalfan
02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by don137
The problem is with the money they are paying Brunell they don't plan on him just playing for one year. He will be there starter for 2 maybe 3 years. By that time Ramsey will be so ticked he will bolt after the 2006 season and he would never sign back with the skins.

I think Snyder isn't worried about money. I think Ramsey will see the light and go through the apprenticeship program.

IMO he will do everything possible to get traded.

I don't think Snyder is worried about the money. And I think Ramsey will see the light and go with the apprentice program.

Bert102176
02-20-2004, 01:02 PM
I would give up the 2nd round pick for Ramsey

Valerie
02-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy Id do it for a 3rd and maybe a player but not much more. Hes too improven as of yet. No way to tell if its him or Spurrier's fun and gun.
I don't know if Patrick is a good quarterback or not. But, I will say this, he's tough as hell! He had absolutely NO offensive line to protect him and he spent the entire season being pummeled into the ground! I think he missed one game and a few plays of another game when Tim Hasselback stepped in for him. Spurrier sucked as an NFL head coach and I think that Patrick deserves a chance to play under a proven NFL coach. Whether that be in Washington under Joe Gibbs or elsewhere. I will reserve my judgment on him until I see what he's capable of under a proven NFL coach and behind a line that can protect him. :)