This is the kind of quarterback I want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

This is the kind of quarterback I want...

i am looking for a guy like Brett Farve.. about 5 years ago.. but with a little bit of Mike Vick, mixed in with some Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, John Elway, and topped off with some Kurt Warner, circa 2001.

Have you guys seen anyone like that? Am I being too picky?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Winfield_26
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe, duh!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Steve Young in his prime... Randall Cunningham from the Eagles mixed with Randall from the 2000 Vikings.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

for real..

why does picking a qb have to be so hard? I really am worried that no matter who the bills pick, it will be the wrong guy. I am so tired of being stuck in mediocraty (i know i didnt spell that rite ).. i just feel like if we get rivers.. he could suck.. henson could bomb.. big ben could be ryan leaf..

watch losman turn out to be the best of all of them.

seriously though.. the only guy i truely feel will absolutely 100% not be a flop is Eli Manning..

but i could be wrong.

is anyone else really really worried about this upcoming qb decision?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

about eli.. that doesnt mean i think he will be his brother.. i just feel that at worst he will be decent.

why is it so hard to predict greatness? i mean nobody thought farve would be farve.. or brady.. or steve young.. how did so many miss it?? how is that possible? did they really just improve so much once they got into the nfl?

dan marino had aweful stats his senior year.. aweful... i dont know what they were right off the top of my head.. but it was something like 21 tds 17 ints for 3k in yardage.. a miami fan pointed that out to me..

picking a qb sucks.

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Yea well I hear ya on that one buddy...all the QB's in the draft class have flaws. Whether its character, or arm mechanics or something. Its there. I still like Brad Banks from Iowa who we worked out. I would love to see him in camp and see what he can do...
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i mean.. i just dont get why every year, you see qbs go in the first round.. hell, high first round.. and they just SUCK!..

it seems like you almost expect them to suck, because so few qbs do well?

i wonder what the actual % of first day qbs drafted that turned out to be good/great to total garbage/backups for life is?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i mean.. i just dont get why every year, you see qbs go in the first round.. hell, high first round.. and they just SUCK!..

it seems like you almost expect them to suck, because so few qbs do well?

i wonder what the actual % of first day qbs drafted that turned out to be good/great to total garbage/backups for life is?

There's not a formula to translate college production into NFL production

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  There's not a formula to translate college production into NFL production
                  were their no similarities that can be measured in guys like farve, kelly, marino, elway, montana, ect?

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

were their no similarities that can be measured in guys like farve, kelly, marino, elway, montana, ect?
                    Nobody is the same. That's what makes the draft such a crap shhot all the poking and prodding and grilling no one knows how the player will actually turnout it's just hopes and dreams of GM's and scouts.

Comment

• socalfan
                      Old Fogey from Cali
                      • Feb 2003

Aren't the great ones the ones with heart. The ones that hated to lose. Skill was secondary, and they often made up for their flaws with heart.

I still remember Jim Kelly beating Miami as the seconds ticked off the clock to end the game with a QB draw. Skill? Athleticism? I think it was all heart.

Montana coming back after back surgery. Skill? Athleticism? I think it was heart.

The best ones hate to lose.

Brady.....his college coach remembers him for his heart. He hated to lose. People didn't mistake his skill and athleticism when they pushed him into the 6 th round. They just couldn't figure out if he had the heart of a champion.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

so cant you tell if a guy has heart?

like coy wire.. i feel like he has heart.. but that doesnt get him on the field.

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

so cant you tell if a guy has heart?

like coy wire.. i feel like he has heart.. but that doesnt get him on the field.
                          Yes, but it should. What a waste.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby

What a waste.
                            i agree.we should trade wire.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              i agree.we should trade wire.

shelby would stop watching games.

Comment

Working...
                              X