Emancipated Clarett won right... to be a slob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Emancipated Clarett won right... to be a slob?

He fought for this?

That was the talk swirling around the NFL's scouting combine when the name Maurice Clarett was mentioned Thursday.

The precedent-setting running back from Ohio State, the man who kicked down the NFL's eligibility rules regarding underclassmen by winning a big game in the courts, showed up here in poor shape, seemed a bit standoffish when meeting with the media and took an almost cavalier-like approach to his new status as draft eligible.

It did not go unnoticed by the teams, either.

"How can he show up out of shape?" asked one NFC personnel director. "Isn't this what he wanted? What's he been doing for the past year?"

Not working out too hard. Clarett was a doughy 237 pounds, and weighed 242 as late as Monday night. Remember, this is not a power back but a speed back.

"It doesn't send a good message" said Buffalo Bills president Tom Donahoe. "I can't speak to the rest of the league, but it doesn't send a good message to the Buffalo Bills."

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

The kid fights with the NFL to get into the NFL Draft and then shows up at the combine out of shape and says he's not going to work out for the NFL guys until April. What a headcase! I hope no one takes him! I would love to see Clarett fall to the 6th or 7th round or even better, get undrafted. That would just make my day and would be so funny!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

we don't need him anyways.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I guess it is safe to say that TD will not be drafting Mr. Clarrett.

There was another quote I seen that someone compared Clarrett to McGahee and TD told the guy that it isn't fair to compare the two with McGahee's work ethic and character.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          I guess it is safe to say that TD will not be drafting Mr. Clarrett.
          Yeah I guess you are right!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

The league should collude and not draft him...then when he sues they can say that the combine is the interview and he blew the interview...

Now pumping gas for the ....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

lawrence phillips.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• helmetguy
                Touch the helmet for luck
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                The kid fights with the NFL to get into the NFL Draft and then shows up at the combine out of shape and says he's not going to work out for the NFL guys until April. What a headcase! I hope no one takes him! I would love to see Clarett fall to the 6th or 7th round or even better, get undrafted. That would just make my day and would be so funny!
                No kidding, Mikey! I kinda figured that the League was going to lose the anti-trust case. I just pisses me off that a piece of **** like Clarett had to be the one who brought suit. I guess he sees himself as football's version of LaBron James. H efigures he's entitled to a rich, multi-year deal, just because he's Maurice Clarett. But, believe it or not, there really are some NFL personnel guys who would still drool at the possibility of having him-all the hype saves 'em from actaully having to scout the guy. What an ass!
                Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Sounds like that one chick who fought to get into a military school just to show up fat and out of shape and then quits....Clarett is an idiot!
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

I use to like Clarett.. I thought he should play 1 more year in College.. Truth is he couldnt play an extra year.. Clarett is out right stupid.. He wants the attention without the work.. Ill bet if any team is stupid enough to draft Clarett he would hold out on his contract untill Preseason..

Comment

• HotRod
                      Addicted to squares...
                      • Oct 2002

I would be highly amused if teams declined his invitation to attend his "private workout".

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HotRod
                        I would be highly amused if teams declined his invitation to attend his "private workout".
                        I could see Tom Donahoe doing that!

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HotRod
                          As dense as he apparently is, do you think Clarett would even notice if noone showed up?
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
                            Blue and Gold perhaps....
                            • Dec 2003

i hope this kid doesnt get drafted......hes out of shape and espn reported that he wont go until at least the 2nd round at the minum
                            Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• HotRod
                              Addicted to squares...
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy

As dense as he apparently is, do you think Clarett would even notice if noone showed up?
                              You're right. He'll probably invite enough media that he wouldn't notice...

Comment

Working...
                              X