• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Does TD want a QB or not?

The Bills were fairly passive in the Henson sweepstakes and didn't seem to care about Brunell- now that the Skins have him, the local rumor is that Ramsey wants a trade. Should TD make an offer? Beyond that, I don't see the Bills taking much action for a QB- this could mean two things-

They are planning on drafting Manning (if he's still available, which is unlikely) or Rivers

Or, TD is happy with the QB situation. This scares me- I'm not willing to give up on Bledsoe just yet, but he's at the end of his career and cannot be the future of this team. I don't want to turn this thread into another debate on Drew, but I think even Bledsoe supporters will admit that we need a quality back-up/future prospect.

Any thoughts on what TD is up to regarding the QB struggle?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i think that just because he didnt go after another overpriced veteran like brunell, that doesnt mean anything..

henson - maybe he is sticking to his guns.. 3 years of baseball doesnt make you a better football player.. his quote..

ramsey - if ramsey is available for a trade.. which has not even been confirmed yet.. why is that? i mean if ramsey was so great, why would a hall of fame coach like Gibbs toss him aside for an old qb like brunell, whose best years are behind him? i am not sold on ramsey..

the draft is wide open.. he could go after any of the qbs.. or maybe he really likes someone like clausen for day 2? who the hell knows..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well I agree that none of the 3 QB's I mentioned are all that spectacular- I'm just wondering why TD isn't at least putting feelers out to see if he can get a deal.

Ramsey would work if he's cheap enough- nothing higher than Ruben or a 3rd rounder. My thought is that with our D and running game, we just need a caretaker QB- 200 yards a game and no big mistakes will be all we need.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

well, in all fairness, he did put out feelers for henson.. he along with about the entire offensive coaching staft went to watch henson workout.

and as far as a caretaker like ramsey.. the thought of having a "caretaker" makes me sick.. i dont want to give up a draft pick for a caretaker.. jeff blake could be that for basically nothing.

i want the next qb to be a friggen montana.

if i could have any qb in the game right now.. it would be pennington.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

I still hope we can draft Philip Rivers.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            well, in all fairness, he did put out feelers for henson.. he along with about the entire offensive coaching staft went to watch henson workout.

and as far as a caretaker like ramsey.. the thought of having a "caretaker" makes me sick.. i dont want to give up a draft pick for a caretaker.. jeff blake could be that for basically nothing.

i want the next qb to be a friggen montana.

if i could have any qb in the game right now.. it would be pennington.
            I'd rather have Manning, but Pennington is damn good. I'm just biased against him- I hate having him on the opposite sideline twice a year, pretty-boy highlighted blonde hair screaming "I drive my daddy's Mercedes", s___ eating grin on his face....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• socalfan
              Old Fogey from Cali
              • Feb 2003

Guys, TD has one body. Right now the Bills are looking at the talent in the combine. This is something that I think TD loves to do. When the combine is over, then I think he'll go back to actively working on free agency and trades. First things first.

And besides, I think the Redskins brought in Brunnel so that Ramsey has some time to develop. And if in fact Gibbs thinks Ramsey isn't the future QB ( I don't believe this for a second), then I would imagine TD would be interested, since it was widely reported that TD would have liked to draft Ramsey in the second round two years ago.

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

I hope we will offer our 2nd round pick for Ramsey and maybe get Winslow Jr or a good WR in the 1st round
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

unless we draft Rivers in the 1st which I can see happining I think Rivers will be a very good QB in the NFL
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

One more thought- does it matter who our QB is if we don't fix the O-line?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• socalfan
                      Old Fogey from Cali
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Well I think so! We would need to get a QB with 4.5 speed and great vision, he could outrun the defense since he surely wouldn't have time to throw.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by socalfan

Well I think so! We would need to get a QB with 4.5 speed and great vision, he could outrun the defense since he surely wouldn't have time to throw.
                        Is there anyone like that available/affordable?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

i wonder how many QBs will be available in a couple weeks.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Nope! Our oline wouldn't even give Michael Vick time to run around back there. He would have gotten killed last year behind our line.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282

Nope! Our oline wouldn't even give Michael Vick time to run around back there. He would have gotten killed last year behind our line.
                              that's scary considering he couldn't even make it through preseason with Atlanta's line.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X