PDA

View Full Version : WR Mike Williams of USC Enters The NFL DRAFT!!!

nolimit
02-20-2004, 04:05 PM
is in the draft.

nolimit
02-20-2004, 04:07 PM
this is being reported on espnews.

DraftBoy
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
im not seeing it, but Ill stay tuned to ESPN

nolimit
02-20-2004, 04:21 PM
this is huge for us. we are pretty much guarenteed 1 of these wr.

1)Mike Williams
2) Fitz
3)Roy williams
4)Reggie Williams

I want roy.

nolimit
02-20-2004, 04:27 PM
heres the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1740100

DraftBoy
02-20-2004, 04:28 PM
good find!

nolimit
02-20-2004, 04:29 PM
what r your thought winfield?

DraftBoy
02-20-2004, 04:32 PM
My thoughts are this:
1. This is news to Arthur Blanks ears

"Mr. Vick meet Mr. Williams/Fitzgerald"

2. Does nothing for our pick really.
3. I am not as surprised as some are by him declaring
4. Taylor may fall more now due to this and that could be a good thing if we get a shot to trade up.

Tatonka
02-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
My thoughts are this:
1. This is news to Arthur Blanks ears

"Mr. Vick meet Mr. Williams/Fitzgerald"

2. Does nothing for our pick really.
3. I am not as surprised as some are by him declaring
4. Taylor may fall more now due to this and that could be a good thing if we get a shot to trade up.

holy crap.. this is HUGE news.. huge.. this is a guy sure fire top pick. i wonder why he waited so long.. is he going to be at the combine?

obviously, enough people told him that he would be a top 5 pick and he couldnt pass up the money.. i dont really blame him. i am just surprised the he didnt go sooner..

but like Win said.. this could, or i should say absolutely will, drop another great player another spot lower.. a guy like Kevin winslow might be there because that team decided to go with a top wr instead.. or :pray: sean taylor could fall some.

nolimit
02-20-2004, 05:00 PM
i think roy williams will fall to us.

Tatonka
02-20-2004, 05:02 PM
i dont want roy williams... at all.

he reminds me of plaxico.

DraftBoy
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
I think at some point in Draft Day we should all bow our heads at once and pray that Taylor drops to a point were we can grab him.

mypoorfriendme
02-20-2004, 05:14 PM
this is AWESOME news. like everyones said, this is just one more person that goes ahead of us that drops a great player. i doubt it will be taylor, but maybe winslow? he just makes those wishes a tiny bit more likely to come true. FRIGGIN' AWESOME

Michael82
02-20-2004, 05:21 PM
HOLY ****! I had a feeling that it would happen! I'd grab him if he falls to us. He's going to be a great player. If he doesn't fall...one of the other Williams receivers would fall to us. Roy Williams....Reggie Williams. :drool:

STAMPY
02-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont want roy williams... at all.

he reminds me of plaxico.

and thats a bad thing? i always tho plaxico was awesome, he is big too

Michael82
02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
I just got one thing to say about this.... :snicker:

:lolpoint: SoCalBillsFan

Tatonka
02-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
and thats a bad thing? i always tho plaxico was awesome, he is big too

yeah.. i think it is a bad thing. i dont think plexiglass will ever be a receiver that commands the attention that you hope from such a high draft pick.. he will never be as good as moulds.. i dont think he will ever be elite.. and when you draft a guy like him, that is what you hope/expect. he is not even the best receiver on his own team... playing next to hines for so long.. he should be doing better.. but that is just imho.

Tatonka
02-20-2004, 06:36 PM
February 20
(5;00 PM): SC WR ponders jump to draft...Just what the 2004 NFL draft needs: another terrific WR prospect named Williams! That's what may happen, however, as ESPN is reporting that star Southern Cal sophomore WR Mike Williams is now thinking seriously of entering this year's draft. Williams had originally said he would be returning to school in the wake of Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett's successful court challenge which overturned the NFL's rule requiring players to be out of high school for three years before becoming eligible for the draft, but apprently has had a change of heart. Williams still has not filed the necessary papers with the NFL - he has until March 1st - but will talk it over with his parents this weekend before making a final decision. If the 6-5, 210-pound Williams were to enter this year's draft, he would likely slip into the #3 spot among WRs jusr behind fellow soph Larry Fitzgerald of Pittsburgh and Roy Williams of Texas, but ahead of junior Reggie Williams of Washington.

from GBND.

mypoorfriendme
02-20-2004, 06:36 PM
id be very happy with roy. assuming he is at 13, he would surely be the best player there because there are only a handful of players that have higher value than him.

SoCalBillsFan
02-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I just got one thing to say about this.... :snicker:

:lolpoint: SoCalBillsFan

thanks for the sympathy...;)

hey, I wish the guy well, I've had a blast watching him for two years and I can't blame him for leaving. TIme to move on.

Now, thinking as a bills fan, there IS a SMALL chance MW (or BMW, for Big MIke Williams, as we like to call him) will slip to 13. His 40 times have only been around 4.6 or so in the past, and that will scare some teams away with a deep draft class. I'm telling you from watching him that it really doesn't matter what his 40 time is, but to some teams it might.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love for him to be a Bill!!!

Mr. Miyagi
02-20-2004, 07:45 PM
The question is: do we really need to draft a WR in the first round?

SoCalBillsFan
02-20-2004, 07:58 PM
no we dont need to. And im in agreement that sean taylor is the best player for us. But Williams is the kind of guy that could make a big impact.

Michael82
02-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
thanks for the sympathy...;)

hey, I wish the guy well, I've had a blast watching him for two years and I can't blame him for leaving. TIme to move on.

Now, thinking as a bills fan, there IS a SMALL chance MW (or BMW, for Big MIke Williams, as we like to call him) will slip to 13. His 40 times have only been around 4.6 or so in the past, and that will scare some teams away with a deep draft class. I'm telling you from watching him that it really doesn't matter what his 40 time is, but to some teams it might.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love for him to be a Bill!!!

Uhhh, he won't be Big Mike Williams anymore if he joins the Bills. :snicker:

:D

SoCalBillsFan
02-20-2004, 08:03 PM
:lol:

Lone Stranger
02-20-2004, 09:40 PM
This is nothing but good news for the Bills. He certainly is an upper echelon pick and will enhance their position in the draft. Taylor is looking mighty good right now and is the best player in the draft.

Iehoshua
02-20-2004, 09:56 PM
So if Williams is there at 13, do we pull the trigger and take him?

STAMPY
02-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
So if Williams is there at 13, do we pull the trigger and take him?

i would

Dozerdog
02-20-2004, 10:03 PM
All depends who's there- when we pick- I'm not in favor of drafting a 2nd round player with our first pick just because it's our biggest "need"- I'd rather grab the highest rated player.

That way you get the McGahee's and the Josh Reed instead of drafting the 8th best DE

ScottLawrence
02-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Yes it all depends whos there but this is definitly good news for people who want a top WR in the first round.....

And I doubt Udeze, Winslow, Taylor will be there when we pick but I gurantee one of the Williams will and I would definitly draft one of them who ever it may be.

hintexas
02-20-2004, 11:32 PM
This is awesome news I have said it befoe and I will say it now the chance to get Roy Williams would be awesome not just because he lives near me but because he is a great guy and he is fast and a great dominate Wide Receiver. I say forget Atlanta, Jacksonville or the New York Jets getting Roy Williams find a way any way for him to fall to the 13th pick.

DraftBoy
02-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Ok if Mike Williams falls to 13 I say pick him. Hes too good to let go any further down. As far as who I see dropping...Udeze may drop some, Gallery also

Bert102176
02-20-2004, 11:40 PM
actually it says he still needs to fill out the necesary paper work hopefully he gets it filed in time

Throne Logic
02-21-2004, 01:32 AM
The #13 pick just got that much more enticing. I sense a Donahoe trade coming. . .

Drop to the lower first and grab another pick or two in the process.

don137
02-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
The #13 pick just got that much more enticing. I sense a Donahoe trade coming. . .

Drop to the lower first and grab another pick or two in the process.

I agree completely...If there are any takers I would definately move down. This draft is so deep that the more picks in the first couple rounds the better...

lunatic_bills_fan
02-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Which makes me wonder, just "what if" we knew Willis was going to be "what everyone hopes he will be", what if you could get someone like Pittsburg to give up their pick for Travis Henry. Imagine what 2 top 13 picks in this years draft would be like.