PDA

View Full Version : Travis is starting to remind me of somebody ...

Halbert
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Well, yeah, Mr. Butterfingers, yes.

But when he runs tell me he doesn't look a little like Thurman? Slipping tackles, always falling foward, amazing power for a smallish guy, and today he even caught a bunch of balls.

I know it's heresey to put anybody in the same sentence as Thurman but he's starting to get my respect as a runner.

Romes
10-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Berman today compared him to Thurman too on Primetime

Sabre Ally
10-13-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm impressed with his running.........I'm just not sure about his hands.

SoCalBillsFan
10-13-2002, 06:57 PM
I've never understood the no hands thing. He seems to be able to catch the ball well to me. Does he drop a lot of passes? He runs well after he catches the ball-heck he won a game for us on an OT catch and run. Maybe I havent seen him as much as some of you, but he seems to be a capable receiver.

Halbert
10-13-2002, 07:03 PM
I can remember all the fumbles.

2 - huge hits, can't fault him.
2 - stretching to get another yard - stop that crap
1 - switching the ball in traffic - ditto

He can correct that stuff. I think he'll be fine.

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Today he dropped a pass that was in his hands that would have only been a short gain. I think perhaps he dropped one other the entire year, against the jets but he may not have even done that. he has caught the ball very well this year and should end with 50-60 catches (he has 22 in 6 games).

Halbert
10-13-2002, 07:05 PM
heresy. can we get a spell checker? lol.

Sabre Ally
10-13-2002, 07:06 PM
I guess I should have said fumbles, rather than hands........he dropped one today but for the most part, his receiving is fine.

Like Halbert said, it's the stretching for an extra yard and switching the ball in traffic that needs fixing.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 07:06 PM
He needs to go two games in a row without a fumble so he can get some confidence. It's going to get worse and start affecting him mentally if he doesn't hang on to the ball.

Don
10-13-2002, 07:10 PM
he's got the moves just has to hold on to the ball, the kid is really good, and reminds me of thurman also.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the Zone, Don :wave:

Typ0
10-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Today's fumble was because he was stretching out again. I think this is a coaching thing and he isn't being coached right. You can't get away with that crap on every play in the nfl. If you are stretching for a first down or TD sometimes you have to take a chance. But every play it isn't going to work. I do appreciate the effort he puts forth though.

Michael82
10-13-2002, 07:39 PM
Damn good job! And he got over 20 carries....FINALLY!!! I'm glad that the coaches did not give up on him after the fumble. They kept running his down the Texans throat! VERY nice gameplan and it kept Henry's spirit up. It also showed that Gilbride has confidence in Travis Henry. Nice job! :up:

WG
10-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Yeah, he finally did get the carries.

His pass-catching is not an issue at all. Only his inconsistency and fumblitis is.

AWM,

"He needs to go two games in a row without a fumble so he can get some confidence. It's going to get worse and start affecting him mentally if he doesn't hang on to the ball."

He needs to not have 14 fumbles in a season with 10 recovered by the other team for TDs.

Keep in mind that the weather in Buffalo will not be Henry's friend as we get into the icy, sleety, sh...tuff!

casdhf
10-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Fumbles yes...but Inconsistetency I don't think is a problem. He's been averaging about 4 yards per rush all season

TigerJ
10-13-2002, 08:56 PM
The issues haven't changed. Travis Henry is the only RB with the talent to have gained the yards he gained today. If he weren't playing, Buffalo would not have won. However, the fumbling whatever the reason, is a problem. I still think Henry has to be in the game unless circumstances (the need to run outside a lot-in which case Bryson could come in) dictate otherwise. I think eventually the problem will get resolved. If not Buffalo will need to try and address it in the offseason.

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 09:31 PM
At this pace, Henry will have 1325 yards rushing, 58 catches for another 430 yards and score 21 touchdowns. That's in the top 3 or 4 years a Bills back has ever had in its 42 year history. Thurman would have had only one year with more rushing yards (less than 100 more) and never came close to that number of touchdowns.