• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Do not hesitate on Ramsey

There is no way the Redskins will keep Ramsey now that they have Brunell.

Offer them a 2nd this year, and a 2nd next year. I'd pay that for Ramsey.
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

Ramsay is too good a prospect for the Redskins to drop. They'll hang on to him and let him develop. It's just not practical for them to let him go..

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

Who would give a $43 million contract with an $8.6 million signing bonus to a 2nd string QB? I somehow don't think Brunell is gonna be on the bench. Gibbs can give the spiel about "open competition" but you don't pay a guy that money to be a backup.

Ramsey's contract is cap-friendly and very incentive-laden on playing. They don't have to trade him yet if he really fights for it, he may get his wish. I think it would be great to get him in Buffalo. I just hope he doesn't end up in Miami.

Comment

• HotRod
        Addicted to squares...
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
        Who would give a $43 million contract with an $8.6 million signing bonus to a 2nd string QB? I somehow don't think Brunell is gonna be on the bench. Gibbs can give the spiel about "open competition" but you don't pay a guy that money to be a backup.

Ramsey's contract is cap-friendly and very incentive-laden on playing. They don't have to trade him yet if he really fights for it, he may get his wish. I think it would be great to get him in Buffalo. I just hope he doesn't end up in Miami.
        I agree with you Darth.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

The Redskins arent gonna drop Ramsey like that and not for 2 2nd's they'll hold out and deal him to the Pack for their 1st or something like that. To be honest Im not convinced Ramsey is gonna be all that great. I think he will be solid but nothing near spectacular.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            I think he will be solid but nothing near spectacular.
            Ok, I agree. Therefore picking up a "solid" Ramsey is then better than a "shaky-at-best" Bledsoe. Right??

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
              • Jun 2003

With all the rumors about Miami proposing their first rounder for Ramsey when the talk about Redskins being interested in Brunell started.. You have to believe it is true.. Miami tried trading their first for Matt Hasselbeck 3 years ago and both Ramsey and Hasselbeck are very similiar in their talents.. HEnson has similar physical skills, but I just do not like the guy at all. HE is RAW as all h*ll.

I love the fact that the Miami front office put that 1st round pick out there for Ramsey to see that he is wanted somewhere else..

Ramsey to Miami

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
                Ramsey to Miami
                Noooooooooooo... Dumbo wouldn't have a home if that happened! You can't do that to Dumbo!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Once again I must be on my own when I say if the Bills are going to use the 13th pick in the draft on a QB, I would rather draft for Phillip Rivers than Ramsey. I can't see anyone getting him for two second round draft picks.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    Once again I must be on my own when I say if the Bills are going to use the 13th pick in the draft on a QB, I would rather draft for Phillip Rivers than Ramsey. I can't see anyone getting him for two second round draft picks.

you am with you on that.

ramsey is not a great qb by any means. he hasnt shown me anything special since he has been playing.. not like what we saw from pennington early..

also.. if ramsey is so great, why would gibbs just toss him away? i mean, we are talking about a hall of fame coach here.. i would say that he is a pretty good judge of talent..

and do they need to throw him away? hell now.. he is making squat for money.. just like travis.. we can afford to have him sit on the roster no matter what because he makes peanuts.. well so does ramsey...

i dont think they get rid of him.. but if he does go to miami.. that is fine by me.. he is not much better than fiedler.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

Ok, I agree. Therefore picking up a "solid" Ramsey is then better than a "shaky-at-best" Bledsoe. Right??
                      While yes you are right about him probably being better. I dont want a high priced Vet sitting on his ass collecting a paycheck. Yea we could release Bledsoe but both TD and MM have already said hes their guy. Another season on the bench isnt going to help Patrick much. Hes got a real ego problem it appears. First he held out of camp for a few weeks in his rookie season and now he pouts and cries about getting demoted when he did nothing to warrant him keeping his job. I dont want him till he grows up maybe then he can play better but right now, its almost like everything isnt his fault its somebody elses.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

also.. if ramsey is so great, why would gibbs just toss him away? i mean, we are talking about a hall of fame coach here.. i would say that he is a pretty good judge of talent..

I'd agree he's a good judge of talent, however, Ramsey was Spurrier's QB. This is Joe Gibbs we're talking about. If he wants to bring in his own QB, thats how it goes. I think Gibbs wants his own personal hand picked QB. I don't feel Ramsey's talent is an issue.

Comment

• Valerie
                          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                          • Jul 2002

Joe Gibbs swears that he's not going to let Ramsey go. He's been interviewed and asked a million times and he keeps says Ramsey is staying. I haven't heard anything since Mark Brunell was signed, but I wouldn't count on Ramsey being released.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                          The only answer I found for all this hurt
                          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

he wont be released but he may demand a trade
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Valerie
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. So far things have been quiet down here.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
                              X