X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Rivers Bills/ Henson Phins

Bills need a QB to bring along in it's farm system behind Bledsoe. MM and crew will attempt to Drew back to Pro Bowl form but the future is in the draft.

Phins need someone who can show the maturity level to possibly step in as a starter if asked to during the season. Henson showed his skill level to be high early in his carrer when challenging Brady.

Rivers needs time to develope behind a veteran as well as maybe deal with delivery issues. His college stats are awsome reading but this is a level and intensity that he might be a season away from handling.

Henson might be able to rekindle the fire in his game and resurrect his surpressed skills as a Top Gun type college starter and turn that into a more immediate impact NFL player.

Both players are Excellent prospects.. But when you consider who is closer to being an actual starter and team needs Rivers may turn out to be the real steal but Henson seems ready to show that starters poise.

Besides the Bills have enough "Offensive Geniuses" and "Quarterback coaching masterminds" hanging around they will need something to occupy their time.

I'm kind of getting the feeling that Pitts. isn't looking for a QB "Project" either... Maybe thats because we have their entire Offensive staff. I haven't Heard them making any "Drew" contract offers for trades.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
    I haven't Heard them making any "Drew" contract offers for trades.
    Maybe they're too sensible to make trade offers for a baseball player.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Is it the drugs or does this post make absolutely no sense?

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        It makes no sense, as usual.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

It might be the drugs.. Or you might be the DOPE

Originally posted by helmetguy
          It makes no sense, as usual.
          Take off your helmet Guy and put on your thinking cap.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

No man, it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

No man, it just doesn't make sense.
              No man only you make sense.

Rivers would fill a backup need for the Bills... And Henson would fill the need for a more immediate solution for the Phins if their QB woes continue.
              Last edited by juice; 02-21-2004, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

i dont see henson as a quick fix IMO. Hes just been out of the game too long.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
                  i dont see henson as a quick fix IMO. Hes just been out of the game too long.
                  I Agree.. But he probably evaluates as a higher potential starter than Rivers.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

I Agree.. But he probably evaluates as a higher potential starter than Rivers.
                    How do you figure?
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      How do you figure?
                      Henson might be able to start for someone at some point this season. I dont see Rivers doing anything but sitting behind a vet.

Henson showed a maturity level to play well in his brief college career, Maybe that translates into a high football IQ for the Pro game.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Henson might be able to start for someone at some point this season. I dont see Rivers doing anything but sitting behind a vet.

Henson showed a maturity level to play well in his brief college career, Maybe that translates into a high football IQ for the Pro game.
                        8 games in 2000 shows nothing compared to someone who's been playing college football the past few years.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          8 games in 2000 shows nothing compared to someone who's been playing college football the past few years.
                          With the competition he had at his position at the time and his success in the League, as well as the teams they played against at ND he might still get the nod as a potential NFL starter over Rivers.

ND is QB U and I dont know of the ACC putting out many League starters as of late.

Rivers was buried in the 2nd or 3rd round until that FSU overtime game where he put up about 450. That and a good showing in a Bowl game and that outing in the Senior game launched him into the 1st to 2nd Rd.

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

With the competition he had at his position at the time and his success in the League, as well as the teams they played against at ND he might still get the nod as a potential NFL starter over Rivers.

ND is QB U and I dont know of the ACC putting out many League starters as of late.

Rivers was buried in the 2nd or 3rd round until that FSU overtime game where he put up about 450. That and a good showing in a Bowl game and that outing in the Senior game launched him into the 1st to 2nd Rd.
                            First, Henson went to Michigan, not Notre Dame.

Second, Notre Dame is not QB U. I think Rick Mirer was the last Notre Dame QB to be drafted and that's going back 10 or 11 years.

Michigan however is on a good streak. Brady, Griese, Collins, and Grbac all played there. I think those 4 were back-to-back-to-back-to-back starters at the school as well, although there might have been one or two one-year starters in there.

However, all of those QB's started more than 8 games and all of those QB's had the benefit of the Michigan coaching staff for a lot longer than Henson (I think all were there a minimum of 4 years ... not sure if any were redshirted or not).

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

My fault on ND and Mich.

Where is QB U?

I still think he will hold the higher potential starter rating.

Comment

Working...
                              X