X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Quebecer
    • Jan 2003

Our QB situation...

Since we are going with DB (as MM & TD have said!) and that imho it all starts with the lines... here's what I would do:
    1) Release AVP & T. Brown.
    2) When he is released, sign K. Stewart as the primary backup to Drew. I know, it may seems like the craziest thing to do, but if you look at it closely, he could fit right in. He has experience as a starting QB. He knows and had his best year under MM. Since he is a very good athlete, we could sometimes use bring the "Slash" back! MM is said to like a little trickery once in a while.
    Now he is not the future! Only short-term solution if DB doesn't perform well enough or is hurt.
    Now, since I want to invest a couple of high draft picks on the lines (OG, C, DT) in the first 3 rounds, my pick in the 4 or 5th round would be our QB of the future. Someone who would hold the clipboard for at least 2 years and learn the pro game.
    No major money investment, but still getting a good prospect!
    My pick : Jared Lorenzen, Kentucky!

Flame away!
    Later,
    PatQ
    "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
    In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
    In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

God no not Jared Lorenzen!!!

Ill stick w/ your scenario of signing slash and on day 2 I take Robert Kent out of Jackson St. The kid may have the best arm in the whole draft but hes raw and needs time to get used to an NFL style of play.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HotRod
      Addicted to squares...
      • Oct 2002

Kordell isn't inrested in being a "backup".

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Says who? Plus hed be the starter he by mid season and all of next season....At least in this scenario.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Re: Our QB situation...

Since we are going with DB (as MM & TD have said!) and that imho it all starts with the lines... here's what I would do:
          1) Release AVP & T. Brown.

- Agreed

2) When he is released, sign K. Stewart as the primary backup to Drew. I know, it may seems like the craziest thing to do, but if you look at it closely, he could fit right in. He has experience as a starting QB. He knows and had his best year under MM. Since he is a very good athlete, we could sometimes use bring the "Slash" back! MM is said to like a little trickery once in a while.
          Now he is not the future! Only short-term solution if DB doesn't perform well enough or is hurt.

- Kordell and Drew... time to take emergency suicide pill if this is the situation. Abandon ship! Initiate self destruct sequence! We'd win the "Inconsistency-at-QB Award of the Millenium" with both of them on the roster

Now, since I want to invest a couple of high draft picks on the lines (OG, C, DT) in the first 3 rounds, my pick in the 4 or 5th round would be our QB of the future. Someone who would hold the clipboard for at least 2 years and learn the pro game.
          No major money investment, but still getting a good prospect!
          My pick : Jared Lorenzen, Kentucky!

-my pick: Josh Harris, Bowling Green!

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

I'd prefer to go with Tim Couch as our backup ... I think he's going to get cut.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

I like the way Darth Buffalo said go after Josh Harris from Bowling Green!!!!!!!!!!
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Aero II
                RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                • Jul 2002

Jared Lorenzen? Didn't he weigh in at 280 lbs? The only trickery there would be 1 RB and 2 FBs.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

TQ, I like your scenario, except for drafting our QB of the future in the 4th or 5th round. I don't think you can count on your future QB coming from that low a pick.

With your plan, we should wait until next year and take a QB in the 1st round.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X