PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Comments on Buffalo

Aero II
02-21-2004, 09:16 AM
North Carolina State star Philip Rivers is no politician, but he did a pretty good job Friday of lobbying to be the Bills' choice.

"It would be great," Rivers said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Jim Ritcher was a great center up there, his son was my teammate at N.C. State, so I've heard some good things about the place. There's really not a team that I don't want to go to. But certainly Buffalo would be a great place, and you've got a great franchise and a great bunch of guys surrounding you."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040221/2034992.asp?tbd2034992.asp

juice
02-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I heard from a pretty good source that the Bills and 3 other teams have showed the most interest in him when his father and agent talked with them.

GB, MIA and DEN were the teams.

Pitts. was not mentioned.

The Natrix
02-21-2004, 10:26 AM
:up:

elltrain22
02-21-2004, 10:49 AM
That would be sooo excellent to see Rivers in a Bills unie, lets just hope that it happens.

Tatonka
02-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by juice
I heard from a pretty good source that the Bills and 3 other teams have showed the most interest in him when his father and agent talked with them.

GB, MIA and DEN were the teams.

Pitts. was not mentioned.

what source is that?

juice
02-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
what source is that?

Someone from NCSU, He has a mutual friend with Rivers. He said Rivers was somewhat overwhelmed by all the media attention after the Senior Bowl performance. He was being looked at as a possible 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder until the senior bowl.

Pitts. no mention of them makes me think he could be headed here.

Tatonka
02-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by juice

Pitts. no mention of them makes me think he could be headed here.

why?

juice
02-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I dont think we will take Rivers at the pick we have now, and I think Henson is headed to Miami, GB probably will look for a QB with athletic skills like Farve's and Rivers isn't that guy.

Pitts. no longer has the staff to bring Rivers along and deal with his delivery issues.