PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams has just opened up many more draft options for us...

elltrain22
02-21-2004, 10:54 AM
With Mike Williams about to jump into the mix, that makes guys like Roy Williams, Kenechi Udeze, Sean Taylor, and maybe even Kellen Winslow still on the board at #13 for us. So the question is, if there is Roy Williams, Keneci Udeze, Sean Taylor, or Philip Rivers left on the board, who do ya take.

Personally, i say take Roy Williams, b/c he can really help us at WR right now, and Udeze, or Rivers might not be ready until 2005

DraftBoy
02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Mike Williams might be there at 13, Kiper has him as a top 15 pick, if hes at 13 I gotta think we need to take him b.c the kid is just too good to pass up.

MGinestre
02-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Take Mike Williams. He is a playmaker who can contribute immediately. Moulds, Williams, Reed and Shaw make a nice group! Throw in Willis out of the backfield and defenses won't know who to cover.

elltrain22
02-21-2004, 01:14 PM
When i initially made this post, i never considered Mike Williams to still be available at 13, but if he is then i would take him over Roy Williams, Winslow, Udezi, or just about anyone. Mike Williams has got madddd skills, and i agree wit' all of yous about him.

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Wut about Taylor??? I can live w/ Reed for another year, cuz 3 years of exp. in the NFL is that magic number for WRs.

ScottLawrence
02-21-2004, 01:28 PM
I agree with Shadow.... Reed will most likely have a great year in 2004. But, I still think we should consider taking Reggie or Roy Williams for the fact of Eric Moulds.

Moulds is 30 and who knows how many more years he has left so why dont we grab a future replacement for him in Reggie or Roy Williams.

elltrain22
02-21-2004, 01:32 PM
we need offense man, and if mike williams is still on the brd we gotta take em, but taylor is a helluva player

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 03:12 PM
With the reciever posistion quite possibly the deepest in the 2004 draft, we can draft a 2nd round reciever that cud easily be a first rounder in other drafts. Lee Evans is a mid 2nd Wr w/ amazing speed, something we reely need according to most of u. We need the first round to fix our most glaring needs. An interior lineman, or a playmaker in our secondary. Carrey, Rivers, or trade up for Taylor. Take your pick

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I wudnt be mad if we took ne of the Williams at 13. (I'm totally confused b/w all 3, or 4 of them now.) But i think we cud use our 13th better, either trading up to 6 (taylor), trading down to 19 (Rivers), or trading down to 25(Carrey).

Will McGahee Fast
02-22-2004, 03:26 PM
All im saying is there is no way Mike Williams or Sean Taylor will be on the board at #13.

Michael82
02-22-2004, 04:17 PM
You gotta take anyone of the Williams receivers. Roy Williams first, then Mike Williams, followed by Reggie Williams. All of them are great receivers and will be a great choice to bring in to eventually replace Eric Moulds down the road. :D

Michael82
02-22-2004, 04:21 PM
If Sean Taylor is there, I, along with Tom Donahoe will have a heart attack from the shock of him falling to us. I'd grab him in a heart beat. I could also see a guy like Big Ben, Gallery, Winslow or Tommie Harris fall to us and I'd be happy with any of them. Or even Shawn Andrews.

SoCalBillsFan
02-22-2004, 04:39 PM
no way gallery falls to 13. I bet he gets taken before taylor

DraftBoy
02-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Taylor wont fall, Gallery wont fall. Andrews will be there regardless I think. Mike Williams has a good shot at being there at 13 teams ahead of us dont have a big need at WR. I say if Mike isnt there at 13 we go to another posistion not WR. I like Roy but just something about him I dont really like.

Michael82
02-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Taylor wont fall, Gallery wont fall. Andrews will be there regardless I think. Mike Williams has a good shot at being there at 13 teams ahead of us dont have a big need at WR. I say if Mike isnt there at 13 we go to another posistion not WR. I like Roy but just something about him I dont really like.

What is that something? :scratch:

Will McGahee Fast
02-22-2004, 06:24 PM

Teams ahead of us that need a WR

San Diego
Oakland
Arizona
Possibly Detroit
Atlanta
Jacksonville
New York Jets

That is alot of teams ahead of us that need a WR. Mike Williams will not be there at #13. If he was he wouldnt be coming out this year.

Will McGahee Fast
02-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

What is that something? :scratch:

Personally I don't think he is a good route runner and also does not get enough seperation on his breaks. With that said I would still love for him to be a Buffalo Bill :jump:

DraftBoy
02-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Will McGahee Fast

Teams ahead of us that need a WR

San Diego
Oakland
Arizona
Possibly Detroit
Atlanta
Jacksonville
New York Jets

That is alot of teams ahead of us that need a WR. Mike Williams will not be there at #13. If he was he wouldnt be coming out this year.

San Diego-Eli
Oakland-Fitz
Arizona-Big Ben
Possibly Detroit-WR not top need
Atlanta-Defense and OL more of a worry
Jacksonville-Need help elsewhere too as WR is not a top need
New York Jets-Need Defensive help

I see Mike Williams as possibly still being there. Im not saying he will but there is a good shot.

Lone Stranger
02-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Mike Williams is a no-brainer. Besides we will have the only team in the league with the players with the same name.

Will McGahee Fast
02-22-2004, 06:53 PM

San Diego-Eli
Oakland-Fitz
Arizona-Big Ben
Possibly Detroit-WR not top need
Atlanta-Defense and OL more of a worry
Jacksonville-Need help elsewhere too as WR is not a top need
New York Jets-Need Defensive help

I see Mike Williams as possibly still being there. Im not saying he will but there is a good shot.

Rumor has it San Diego is going with Eli. With that said the next 2 pick will be WRs. Oakland will take Mike or Fitz. Dennis Green said he is drafting BPA. He also said they are not going to draft a QB day 1. If the Cards draft BPA both Fitz and Mike will be gone by the 4th pick.

Not to mention if Oakland take Mike Williams that leave Fitzgerald left for Green. They have a long relationship, since Fitz was a Vikes ballboy. I gurantee Fitz is on Greens top 3 and he is very good friends with Fitzgerald's father.

Jacksonville really needs a WR. How could you pass up a combo of Leftwich and Fitzgerald or Mike Williams.