X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Quick Hits from the NFL Network Combine show

well, last nights show was really kind of a "get you ready for the week" introduction.

they did have alot of great interviews, including, Tom Donahoe, John Fox, some New England front office guy, Charley Casserly and several others.

I will sum up the best I can some things i noticed -
    - TD said that he thinks QB is the most critical position on the team. He went on to say that he doesnt know if it is a fluke or not that most of the superbowl qbs lately have been late draft picks or undrafted fa. I got the impression that there is no way we wait until day 2 to get a qb.. not a chance.

- He likes Big Ben alot. he talked about him for a few minutes. He compaired him to bledsoe (which made me sick) in some of the things he can do.

- several people raved about Sean Taylor. Bill Belechick was quoted as saying he is the best player in the draft.

- Casserly (Texans GM) is a damn good gm. i like him alot. he talked about how the last three drafts, they have gone offense in the first round, but they really hope to go defense this year.

- they showed the actual work out schedule and all that.. but they will get into that more tonight.

- casserly made an opening speech to the rookies.. and he basically used tom brady as the poster child.. 6th round pick, 2 superbowl mvps.. doesnt matter where you are drafted.

- marice clarret talked.. here is the transcript.. he is a cocky arrogant piece of crap, and i would be disgraced if he was on my team.. i literally hate this guy.
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

i am sorry that it is not more.. but the show really was just a primer... tonight will be more i hope..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

willie mcginest has some lively words for clarrett.. rofl.. good read.

"When I was at the Pro Bowl, when I was hanging with a lot of guys, I was hanging with Ray Lewis, Takeo Spikes and Keith Bulluck, and we were all happy he was coming in just so that we could show him that this is no joke. Break'em down. We are going to be after him. We're going to want to give him a nice feel about what the NFL is about.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

It was Scott Pioli who they interviewed from the Pats

Unfortunately, I missed a lot of it.

Wife's Birthday, then I got distracted by Fox's Man vs Beast II, (Lost 1000 zonebucks betting on Monkeys and midgets ), and then the dramatic end to the Sabres/Lightning game. On field action was pretty much limited to the kickers anyway.

Comment

• Sabre11
        • Aug 2002

Monkeys and Midgets will be the end of you

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Re: Quick Hits from the NFL Network Combine show

Originally posted by Tatonka
          - marice clarret talked.. here is the transcript.. he is a cocky arrogant piece of crap, and i would be disgraced if he was on my team.. i literally hate this guy.

Maybe his tone of voice sounded bad ... but the transcript makes him look pretty solid IMO.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

i dont see why all the players hate clarett all ready. why not enter the draft early if you think you can and the chance of playing college again are next to zero?? its not like that one year difference makes him a baby. hes just as immature and not ready as any juniors going into the draft. the only reason they have "to go after him" is because hes been disrespectful to law and the ncaa
            the dude abides

Comment

• Thailog80
              Im not a chick!
              • Apr 2003

Id hate to have mean nasty SOB's like McGinest, Spikes,Bullock and Ray Lewis gunning for me.

"Let's Roll"
              Todd Beamer
              Flight 93
              9/11/01

Comment

• CWOUSARET
                • Aug 2003

i agree that we will probably not wait to get one of the top 3 qb's this year in the first round.
                "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                  i dont see why all the players hate clarett all ready. why not enter the draft early if you think you can and the chance of playing college again are next to zero?? its not like that one year difference makes him a baby. hes just as immature and not ready as any juniors going into the draft. the only reason they have "to go after him" is because hes been disrespectful to law and the ncaa
                  They feel that he's bucked the system. Until MC came along, they all had to pay the dues in the college ranks for 3 years. Clarett screws with the system bad enough to be indefinitely suspended (for all intents and purposes). The result of this royal screw up? An "advance directly to the NFL Draft" card. Just doesn't seem fair to those who worked for it. On top of that, MC doesn't really show any respect for those who did pay their proper dues.

That's why they all dislike him.
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Jake Grove pulled a hammy- won't participate in any physical drills the est of the week

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

They also mentioned Shawn Andrews, OT- If he got down to 345 (366 right now) and could stay there, he'd be a 10 year pro- bowler- Joe Bugel, OL coach of the skins backed that up

Comment

• superbills
                        • Mar 2003

Ummm, what the hell was that piece of crap show? A hour's worth of interviews and a "great" piece on Vermiel and Hermann Edwards slobering all over each other. Man was I disappointed. They barely showed any player footage and what they did show was clipped off anyway. Not what I had expected at all. A big thumbs down for the NFL Network on this piece of propaganda garbage.
                        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                        Ronald Reagan
                        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                          There was a scout on Sporting News Radio on the way home from work yesterday that said Clarett was the joke of the combine by EVERYONE there. From presidents to waterbots. He said that physically (sp) he is going to get killed. He also said it's not as much that he is bucking the NFL as it is that at 18, 19 and 20 you think you are bigger than life and you can handle anything. The facts of life is he hasn't matured physically and that he couldn't last the entire year at the college level he will get killed in the NFL. He said that this is fact not opinion, the body doesn't stop growing (tendons and ligaments) until 21-23 years of age. The players, presidents and the NFL as a whole know this and said this kid (and he said Clarett is very inmature both physically and more important mentally) to understand this. He said he is getting some very BAD advice! This was the general feeling at the combine.

He also said that if the draft were today he fells that Clarett is a second day 5th or 6th rounder. If he gets in shape changes his attitude a WHOLE lot maybe late 1st day!
                          Last edited by kgun12; 02-22-2004, 07:59 AM.
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

Working...
                          X