I'm convinced Rivers is the man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

I'm convinced Rivers is the man.

INDIANAPOLIS - The Buffalo Bills have the 13th pick in the NFL draft, and taking a quarterback is definitely a consideration.
    North Carolina State star Philip Rivers is no politician, but he did a pretty good job Friday of lobbying to be the Bills' choice.

"It would be great," Rivers said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Jim Ritcher was a great center up there, his son was my teammate at N.C. State, so I've heard some good things about the place. There's really not a team that I don't want to go to. But certainly Buffalo would be a great place, and you've got a great franchise and a great bunch of guys surrounding you."
    http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...21/2034992.asp[/URL]

Oke, I'm official sold on this guy! Rite now, i'm for one of these 3 senarios:[list=1][*]Trade up to spot 6, and grab Taylor!
    1st round: Taylor
    2nd round: traded (or mebe our 2005 2nd round pick?)[*]Trade down to 19 and grab Rivers! Use the extra second round on Lee Evans, or the C, Jeff sumthing, if he's still around. (is it Drake?)
    1st round: Rivers
    2nd round: Jeff (sumthing)[*]Trade down to 25, grab Carrey, and grab Evans and Jeff w/ our pair of seconds.
    1st round: Carrey
    2nd round: Evans, and Jeff. (Or rivers if he's still there?)[/list=1]

Howz that for a draft?
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

You became convinced over that quote? First of all Jim Ritcher was a guard. That just sounds like the same song and dance you hear from every player.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      • Mar 2003

Opps, sry Aero 2, i didn't see ur earlier post.
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Rivers would be GREAT!!!!
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

I would buy the Jersey immediately. It would make booing Bledsoe at the Ralph all the more fun.

Byrd.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Its Jake Grove
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              • Mar 2003

no, im convinced over the link. O yea, now i remember his name, thankx draftboy (y did change ur name winfield?)
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

Re: I'm convinced Rivers is the man.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

Oke, I'm official sold on this guy! Rite now, i'm for one of these 3 senarios:[list=1][*]Trade up to spot 6, and grab Taylor!
                1st round: Taylor
                2nd round: traded (or mebe our 2005 2nd round pick?)[*]Trade down to 19 and grab Rivers! Use the extra second round on Lee Evans, or the C, Jeff sumthing, if he's still around. (is it Drake?)
                1st round: Rivers
                2nd round: Jeff (sumthing)[*]Trade down to 25, grab Carrey, and grab Evans and Jeff w/ our pair of seconds.
                1st round: Carrey
                2nd round: Evans, and Jeff. (Or rivers if he's still there?)[/list=1]

Howz that for a draft?
                wow...its like its my dreasm coming from someone else's mouth
                the dude abides

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  • Mar 2003

Lol, great minds think alike. Wut wud we have to give up to move up and get Taylor?
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• kal123
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    You became convinced over that quote? First of all Jim Ritcher was a guard. That just sounds like the same song and dance you hear from every player.
                    That's funny. I was going to say the same thing about Ritcher. And I also agree that all players heading into the draft play the politics. It is the "standard" thing to do. However, I will also say that the players who don't do this (i.e., who say I'm Da Man, etc.) come off my list immediately.

So in that case, what I get out of this is that he passes the first test of being smart enough to know what to say and what not to say, which is a positive (albeit a small one).

Comment

Working...
                    X