PDA

View Full Version : Is GW arrogant or ignorant?

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Again in his postgame interview he gives this line about how Chris Watson is a good player and they have faith in him...................blah blah blah!

Watson has sucked 4 games in a row now. He is gonna be picked on everyweek until they get him the heck out of there!

I say GW is just plain arrogant! I'm still waiting to see that awesome attacking D he promised us!
4 weeks without a turnover! 6 games without an INT!

SOme attacking D!

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:13 PM
I think he's just ****ing with the media

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 07:14 PM
GW missed his calling in life..he should be a spin doctor for a politician :D

Typ0
10-13-2002, 07:17 PM
In a sense I think you are right BigDoug. The bottom line is Watson is what we have and he is going to play. We'll find out what they think of him in the offseason if he's still on the team next season. To me it looks like Watson is very consistent at playing absolutely horrible in the first half and just barely cutting the mustard in the second half.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:19 PM
I don't expect him to come out and say "watson sucks"

He could say something along the line of He has to pick up his play ..........................

To give us this continuous line of how they are happy with watson makes him look stupid. It is also an insult to fans intelligence.

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:23 PM
Gee, a coach gave a less-than-honest assesment in a press conference and your intelligence is insulted ?

I bet you think there are honest lawyers out there, too :D

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:28 PM
GW is an arrogant jerk IMO and it is going to be his downfall in this league if he does not swallow his pride and change.

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:30 PM
So who would you rather see? Richard Simmons? Barney? Judge Judy? Oprah?

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't say Watson sucked 4 games in a row......he struggled early on last week but seemed to recover. But something has to be done....I don't know if it's a confidence thing or whether he has some personal issues or what...but he can't remain on the field if he can't regain that form he had last year when he replaced Irvin.

Rebecky
10-13-2002, 09:44 PM
What about making Watson a safety?

NoCtUrNaL
10-13-2002, 09:57 PM
The other thing you have to consider is (as AWM stated in another thread), who would you put in his place?

I think the coaches have to modify the defense to deal with him constantly being a target of other teams. He's not Winfield or Clements, he's needs someone to back him up.

Buffarama
10-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Williams is a nice guy, great guy, great personality, he could be my best friend. Character, trust, work ethic, exceptional human being.
As my coach he's fired, and most of his staff.

Ingtar33
10-13-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
What about making Watson a safety?

Rebecky,
That probably wouldn't be a bad idea. He has good speed, and is a good tackler, and he covers better one on one than most FS. However who would play 3rd CB? Until we have a viable option at 3rd CB, Prioleau wouldn't be looking over his shoulder at Watson.

justasportsfan
10-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Fiedler will try to pick on Watson this coming weekend. With that being said, the first pick by the bills this season will be compliments of Watson. Followed by Clements and Winfield.