PDA

View Full Version : Is there a differt option than Taylor?

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Is there ne1 other than Taylor that we cud fix our FS slot with? :confused2 Either FA or the draft...

baalworship
02-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, there are other Free-Safeties in the draft that would upgrade our position.

Madieu Williams from Maryland could be had in the 2nd or 3rd round:

On Williams: Former transfer who established himself as one of the top safeties in the league – if not the country – in his final two years at Maryland … started the 2003 season on the “watch list” for the Bronko Nagurski and Jim Thorpe awards … a physical, athletic force who has great versatility … is big enough to excel in run support yet fast and quick enough to man a corner position if the defense is in a nickel or dime package … one of three seniors and four returning starters in the Terps’ defensive backfield, the deepest unit on this year’s team … one of the hardest-working players on the team … an Iron Terp with a 36½-inch vertical jump, 345-pound bench, 560-pound squat and 4.5 time in the 40-yard dash.

From thehuddlereport.com:

THE HUDDLE REPORT

Madieu Williams S Maryland

Strengths
Madieu has good size and speed for the FS position. He is a cover safety that tackles as well as any strong safety. He has good hip flip for single coverage and great instincts when he plays zone coverage. He enjoys the mental competition between the QB and FS position. He has leadership qualities and is confident about his talent.

Needs to Improve
Madieu is another player that needs to get his college athletic department to introduce him to some NFL scouts. There is not much wrong with this kid’s game.

Bottom Line
Madieu is one of the best free safeties in this draft. He is first day material. He is quick and fast and a very good tackler. Madieu plays like his crotch is on fire. He is all over the field. He directs other players, he makes tackles, makes interceptions and he knocks down passes. What more do you want? Maybe he should come over to your house and cook a meal for you, too! Would that be enough for someone to notice this kid? This kid is very underrated. I do not know what more an NFL team could want in a free safety. Mike Doss last year was taken in the 2nd round. I’m telling you, Mike is a good player and an asset to his team, but Madieu is a much better safety all the way around. Madieu should go in the 2nd round, but if I need a pure free safety in the latter part of the first round, I would
think real hard about this kid. No doubt there would be a lot of arguing going on to pick Madieu Williams or hope he dropped to my pick in the 2nd.

DraftBoy
02-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Williams is also very good the only problem is that he is looking to go right in the prime range to where I would see us taking a QB.

baalworship
02-21-2004, 03:53 PM
After Rivers I don't see any other QB that I would want in the 2nd or 3rd. However, TD might trade down 7-8 spots like he did in 2001 and use the extra 2nd rounder to get:

A. Madieu Williams

B. Speed WR

C. Interior Lineman

D. QB. But again, I don't really like Losman and the rest in the 2rd or 3rd.

HenryRules
02-21-2004, 04:03 PM
What happened to Brandon Everage?

I think he was pretty highly thought of coming into the season.
I don't recall any Sooners games though and definitely don't remember focusing much attention on him.

DraftBoy
02-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Character problems, big character problems!!!

HenryRules
02-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Character problems, big character problems!!!

What'd he do?

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 07:47 PM
This Madieu Williams guy sounds like the real deal. How bout this, we move down to 19, grab an extra 2nd rounder. Rivers, then Grove, then Williams. :drool: Wuts the word on Lee Evans? Could we grab him in the third?

The Spaz
02-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Sean Jones.:up:

ShadowHawk7
02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I've heard of him, does ne1 have a bio. on Jones?

DraftBoy
02-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Evans is an almost sure fire 2nd round pick, Williams and Sean Jones will hopefully be there in the 3rd round.

Everage was convicted of misdemeanor drug charge I believe, and T sent me a PM about him from the senior bowl practices that said that he looked lazy and like he didnt care. He as all the tools neccessary but it looks like he just doesnt care anymore...Its a real shame.