PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins make a trade!

nolimit
02-21-2004, 04:28 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-dolphins-front

juice
02-21-2004, 04:31 PM
What's goin on here?

nolimit
02-21-2004, 04:34 PM
good thing sfor us, thats what. I think henson's price just dropped.

Romes
02-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Here this link works

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-feeley022104,0,5212107.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

they traded for AJ Feely

juice
02-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by juice
What's goin on here?

I mean why would they want him they already have a Fiedler... Now a Feely? Seems about the same.

Ebenezer
02-21-2004, 04:46 PM
...and this helps them how?? Fiedler is a very competent QB...just tells me that the 'Fins are going to resolve some of their cap problem by cutting Griese, Fiedler and Madison.

Let's see...
Cut Griese save $6.16 million
Cut Fiedler after 6/1 save $3.7 mil

They are on their way to cleaning up their Sal cap mess.

Mr. Cynical
02-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Feely >>> Fiedler. I'm not so sure I like this transaction to be honest. He showed some nice work when he went 4-1.

nolimit
02-21-2004, 05:21 PM
how do you feel about them giving up a 2005 2ND ROUNDER for him!!! Thats what is being reported on WQAM in Florida. They also say the Henson book is closed!!!

So its up to TD to grab Henson if he so desires.

The Natrix
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
They are having a fit over at Finheaven.

Alluro
02-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Why can't some team give us a 2nd round pick for Dredsoe?

BillsFever
02-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
Why can't some team give us a 2nd round pick for Dredsoe?

We could get a 2nd very easily for Bledsoe.

A 2nd to last round pick(6th round)

mypoorfriendme
02-21-2004, 06:42 PM
no way donahoe would trade away bledsoe after one down season and rightfully so

Marvelous
02-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
no way donahoe would trade away bledsoe after one down season and rightfully so
and rightfully so ??? Did you not watch last season?
Drew had more problems then The 0-line is accountable for..
He just stands there until the pocket closes
Ignores a wide open Henry (waiving his hands at Drew)).
Drew's fundamentals are the blame for his terrible play last year.

I am very afraid of a repeat performance next year..

Marino13Phins
02-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Madison will hopefully restructure.

Hopefully griese can hold onto his pink slip, since he couldn't hold onto anything else this year.

As far as feely goes, he did well when he started in philly, however it was not many games. I can't say he is going to do great, can't say he is going to do poorly.

No one expected Brady to do what he did, so you never know.

shelby
02-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by nolimit
how do you feel about them giving up a 2005 2ND ROUNDER for him!!! Thats what is being reported on WQAM in Florida. They also say the Henson book is closed!!!

So its up to TD to grab Henson if he so desires.

Why would we want to pursue Henson when his agent is coming up with insane contract demands?

As first reported by The Miami Herald in its Friday editions, Condon is toying with the idea of a landmark 10- to 15-year contract in which many of the base salaries would be fully guaranteed. Known for his creativity and for doing some of the biggest quarterback contracts in NFL history, Condon has floated the concept past some NFL Players Association officials to see if it might fly.

If such a structure is shot down, Condon and his associates at IMG Football could negotiate a contract that voids after just one season, and then forces the team that trades for Henson to pay a large bonus after the 2004 season to trigger subsequent options years. Beyond those two concepts, it could be difficult for Henson to sign a contract that matches his status, and he might then opt to re-enter the draft pool.
link (/www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?threadid=39400)

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by shelby
Why would we want to pursue Henson when his agent is coming up with insane contract demands?

I'm curious why we would want to pursue a baseball player, period. :scratch: Why not Mark McGwire or Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds? I'm sure one of them played a little QB at one time.

Marino13Phins
02-22-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm gonna talk to the marlins and see if I can borrow Dontrelle Willis for a season, he shows spark.