PDA

View Full Version : Price for Henson is very reasonable.

Romes
02-21-2004, 05:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1740198

Officials from two franchises interested in Henson said Friday that the conditions laid out by Texans general manager Charley Casserly are not exorbitant. The Texans are seeking: 1) a second-round choice, or 2) a conditional third-round selection in the 2005 draft that could subsequently escalate to as high as a first-round choice.

I'd rather have Rivers but deal #2 is very reasonable. If Henson doesn't start there is not a way that his value would jump to a 1st round pick. I think a 3rd rounder next year is a reasonable price for Henson.

They also quote TD. TD think the obstacles are gonna come when the Texans try and negotiate a contract with Henson. TD sees Henson re-entering the draft.

There are a lot of hoops to jump through," said Donahoe, whose team has not set up an individual workout for Henson. "Dealing with Charley isn't the problem. I really don't see how you do the contract. Everybody talks as if this trade is going to get done at some point. But I don't see how it's a slam-dunk ... for anyone."

For the Henson haters. The good news is that the Bills are not the team that a deal has been made with because they have not yet set up an interview with Henson.

mypoorfriendme
02-21-2004, 07:13 PM
id happily give up a third assuming his contract is reasonable. if it does turn into a first, that would probably mean we have a pro bowl qb. if it doesnt, then oh well, its only a third round pick who probably wouldnt have done much anyway.

DraftBoy
02-21-2004, 09:39 PM
But havent they set up an individual workout for Henson??

mypoorfriendme
02-22-2004, 02:33 AM
the bills havent

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
the bills havent

good

kgun12
02-22-2004, 08:12 AM
There is talk that if Henson isn't happy with the money he will refuse the trade and go back in the draft. He thinks he can make more money that way!

Tatonka
02-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
There is talk that if Henson isn't happy with the money he will refuse the trade and go back in the draft. He thinks he can make more money that way!

he could.. some team like green bay could pick him in the first.. or the steelers, early second..

i would love to see him go back to the draft.. that would increase the rivers as a second rounder chances.

Alluro
02-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Buffalo has reportedly offered a 3rd rounder, that could go as high as a #1 in 2005. details:

http://www.gbnreport.com/

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
Buffalo has reportedly offered a 3rd rounder, that could go as high as a #1 in 2005. details:

Where does it say that Buffalo offered that?

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN is reporting that Houston is not asking for a 2004 pick in exchange for Henson; rather they'd like a pick in 2005; either a #2 or a #3 that could escalate to a #1 pick depending on playing time.
I did a search and neither Buffalo nor Bills are shown anywhere on that page.

Alluro
02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Where does it say that Buffalo offered that?

I did a search and neither Buffalo nor Bills are shown anywhere on that page.

"..Buffalo has reportedly offered Houston a conditional 3rd round pick in 2005 for QB Drew Henson; the pick could escalate as high as a #1 selection depending on playing time and productivity..."

It's on the link I just provided. Very first update 12:01 AM

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
"..Buffalo has reportedly offered Houston a conditional 3rd round pick in 2005 for QB Drew Henson; the pick could escalate as high as a #1 selection depending on playing time and productivity..."

It's on the link I just provided. Very first update 12:01 AM
:phew: It only says reportedly

Alluro
02-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:phew: It only says reportedly

...Yeah, and..that's what I said, right? where is the confusion?

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 11:04 AM
...Yeah, and..that's what I said, right? where is the confusion?

For some reason that first update wasn't shown when I first clicked the link is all

TigerJ
02-22-2004, 12:06 PM
A third round conditional pick is not a big deal. Henson is easily worth that. The rub is in the contract, as has already been indicated. Henson wants top five money and his agent is looking for something that has guarrantees in the base salary over a 10-15 year deal. I'm of the opinion that Henson has the potential to be a great QB. The problem is whoever makes a deal is not going to want to be locked into something that makes a long term commitment both in actual dollars and cap effect that will screw the team if it turns out Henson can't play pro football any better than he can play pro baseball. It's just flat too big a risk. Even George Steinbrenner would have to work within cap constraints in the NFL. I'm not opposed to the Bills making a deal for Henson, but ay deal has to have a way out and not lock the Bills into a long term cap commitment for a guy who has yet to prove himself.

Michael82
02-22-2004, 05:32 PM
A third round pick is VERY reasonable for Henson. Plus it's next year, so it's like a 4th rounder this year. :D The only problem is...with the contract. I think TD and the agent will clash on trying to figure out a contract. TD will want to make a 3rd round type contract and the agent will want a 1st round deal. If anyone can do it...TD is the one. He was able to come up with an interesting deal with an injured McGahee. I bet he could do it with Henson. :D

don137
02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Even if it is true and the Bills get him I think they still need to draft another QB just in case...This way if one of the does not develop there is always another one to take over for Bledsoe in 2005

Michael82
02-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by don137
Even if it is true and the Bills get him I think they still need to draft another QB just in case...This way if one of the does not develop there is always another one to take over for Bledsoe in 2005

I agree. Maybe Bradlee Van Pelt. :D

The Spaz
02-22-2004, 06:39 PM
I have no problems with 3rd to first type deal I mean if we end up givin gthem a first doesn't it mean Drew Henson has proven his worth?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Damn, I have been saying this for weeks.

casdhf
02-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Why would he sign a contract for 3rd round money when everyone keeps pumping him up as a 1st round pick? It's gonna be simple. He'll balk at any trade where he in't going to bet 1st round money. Then, he'll go back in the draft and get drafted in the 2nd. So he loses either way.

elltrain22
02-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Yea, it is and we don't have to give it up until next year.