PDA

View Full Version : UltimateSabres.com FHL Playoff picture

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Happy Hockey day in Canada!!!!

Been a while, but I'm back- Miss me?? This post will be on a seven-second delay in case those sissy frogs get their panties in a bunch.

Back to business

After tomorrow, there will nly be 2 weeks left of head to head action before the playoffs begin!

Wed March 3 is the FHL trading deadline. It's the last chance to fine-tune the rosters.

Only the top 6 teams get into the championship playoff rounds, with the #1 and #2 seeds getting a 1 week bye.

There is a consolation braket, as the 7th through 12th seeded teams go at it.

13th through 20th- well- you suck. The sooner the season is over for you- the better. Puts you out of our misery. Good riddance.

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Top seed-

1) The Karate Kids have been so far been the runaway team to date. They began the year blowing out teams winning their first 9 weeks. However, injuries have decimated this club, with Ziggy Palffy leading the list of walking wounded. In the past 7 weeks, has only 2 narrow wins. In addition, the once solid goalie rotation has proven fallable, with Sean Burke losing his job in Phoenix and stinking in Philly.

Outlook- Barring a total collapse, should be a shoe in for the top seed- but this team is ripe for getting knocked off

Remanining games- Sabre Alley (11th ranked) and the Yle Butt Pirates (9th)

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 05:49 PM
The next 5 spots are in a fierce competition and can easilly wind up with the 2nd seed, or be out completely-

2) Dozerdogs-

Currently 2nd by the slimmest 1 point margin, should be able to make the playoffs. Led by Ilya Kovelchuck, Joe Thornton, and Chris Pronger, is a welll balanced team. Not l,oaded with goal scoring behind Kovalchuk, the Dogs have the top 2 PIM thi=ughs in Avery and Simon, as well as having a stoudt +/-. Goaltending is good, but thin.

Outlook- If thr goaltending doesn't kill him- this could be a threat for the championship. Has Mark Parrish and Yashin waiting in the wings on IR. No cakewalk schedule to finish the season

Remaining games- Sabre 11 (5th) and the Yle Butt Pirates (9th)

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 05:56 PM
3) One point behind, The Spaz has come on strong of late.

Not laden with tons of scoring, Joe Sakic and Martin Havlat are his best players. Hurting of late in goal, with injured ED Belfour. Red hot Bruin netminder Raycroft has picked up the slack.

Outlook- Needs goaltending to get healthy if he's going to have a shot. Big benefit is the remaining schedule - closes season out with the leagues Doormat Stunning Sabres (20th) and the dreadful Power Rankings (15th). Should get in to the playoffs comfortably- might even get a bye week.

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
4)Buffalo Transplant-

At 241 points, is a healthy 14 points ahead of the 7th place Spork Wielders. They has a nice compliment of stars- Pavel Datsyuk is red hot, Forsberg- and will be bolstered by the return of Alex Mogilny.

They also have one of the best goalie corps in all of FHL- no flashy names, but tons of solid numbers from John Graham, Vesa Toskala, and Mikka Kiprusoff

Outlook- Should be soldly in the playoffs- and a dangerous team.

Remainoing games - Cheektowaga Bobcats (8th) and ***** the Ice (16th)

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
5) Sabre 11-

With 238 points sits 9 out of a bye week yet only 11 points ahead of being left out of the playoffs.

Led by St Louis, Marc savard, and Steve Yzerman. Goaltending has the steady Martin Brodeur and the shaky Jussi Markannen

Outlook- Winds the season up with the toughest schedule and will earn his way into the playoffs if he makes it- This week is up against the #1 Karate kids, the #2 Dozerdogs next week, and will wind up the season vs the #7 Spork Wielders. The winner of the last week's matchup will probably take the last spot in the playoffs

SabreEleven
02-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
5) Sabre 11-

With 238 points sits 9 out of a bye week yet only 11 points ahead of beinbg lefyt out of the playoffs.

Led by St Louis, Marc savard, and Steve Yzerman. Goaltending has the steady Martin Brodeur and the shakey Jussi Markannen

Outlook- Winds the season up with the toughest schedule and will earn his way into the playoffs if he makes it- This week is up against the #1 Karate kids, the #2 Dozerdogs next week, and will wind up the season vs the #7 Spork Wielders. The winner of the last week's matchup will probably take the last spot in the playoffs

:mad: We need a 7 day delay, not a 7 second delay :mad:
Windbag :nana:

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:35 PM
6) Fat Pansies-

Sits on the bubble, but has a comfy 9 point lead with 2 weeks left. It looks like the Sporkies will fall farther behind as they will most likely split their contest with the Dozerdoigs as the Pansies are spanking Fennernan's Fans. The remaining schedule is quite favorable- with a sucky Moderator (Clump - 10th ) And a really sucky Admin (Not Gay Team - 19th ) in his path. Should get in easilly.

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:45 PM
7) Spork Wielders-

Has an uphill climb to get in the big dance. 9 points out, needs a strong showing the last 2 weeks plus some help. The best chance to get in would be to close the gap against the 5th ranked Sabre11 squad and then ***** slap them in the final week.

Working in his favor is a lineup that has been able to torch the opposition of late- Steve Sullivan has 4 goals and 2 assists as a predator sinc eht etrade- Igilnia is red hot, Hedjuk is a sniper on the Aves, and has quality depth. Goaltending is spotty.

Outlook- It's a long shot but he has the best chance of getting in the playoffs out of the remaining clubs. If he can get within 6 points of Sabre 11 going into the last week- he has a fighter's chance. Has to close the gap with a big win over the 12th ranked Michigan Wolverines

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:49 PM
8)Cheektowaga Bobcats-

216 points, 20 points back at the start of the week, and the gap has grown. Needs a miracle.

Better luck next year

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Consolation Round-

Going for the "Kiss your sister" cup, the Ice Pirates will be a lock to get in. The Clumps, Alley, Wolverines, Drury's Revenge, The Zamboner Kings, and Power Rankings are all within 15 points, with 3 teams getting the axe from the post season.

The rest of you? Well- give it up. Many have given it up months ago and if you haven't paid attention to your clubs in the past month then don't bother signing up next season.

I am glad that many of you have stuck it out, even with some tough clubs- and I thank you.

Better luck next year!!

Don Cherry
02-21-2004, 07:01 PM
As commissioner- I will be on the lookout for unfair player practices.

I will not allow blatently lopsided trades between playoff contenders and also rans.

Also- DO NOT dump your team en-masse - you are not doing folks any favours by giving other players an opportunity at decent talent. Just the opposite happends- it becomes an unfair advantage to some teams and a detriment to others.

However- if equal value can be demonstrated in trades between teams, regardless of standing- then they will be allowed.

SabreEleven
02-21-2004, 07:33 PM
I think the "the not gay team" is in San Francisco getting married. I heard it was wonderful cermony. Pics of him and his boyfriend to come.

SabreEleven
02-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Hey DC, I'm 5 pts out of 3rd and 17 pts out of 7th. So it looks like i'm going to make the playoffs, especially after I kick the DozerDoggies in the ass this week :up:

The Spaz
02-23-2004, 09:30 AM
:snicker::up::beer:

Myers57
02-23-2004, 10:07 AM
My spork is getting sharper and rounder so we are on the way to the top!!!!

:guitar: :3star:

SabreEleven
02-23-2004, 10:31 AM
How do you become sharper and rounder at the same time :scratch:

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 10:35 AM
That is the oxymoron known as "the spork"

http://captianwojo.freehomepage.com/images/spork.jpg

Myers57
02-23-2004, 10:39 AM
lol, yea haven't you ever been to KFC?

SabreEleven
02-23-2004, 11:03 AM
You are going down, Doggie's? Want to put a ZB wager on this week?

The Spaz
02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11

:snicker:

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11

I'll take any bet, from $5 to $5000

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 11:08 AM
I'll beat you with Monkeys and midgets!

Myers57
02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey Dozer I can't go on for the rest of the week, what was the final score between us?

SabreEleven
02-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'll beat you with Monkeys and midgets!

didn't you learn your lesson from the Monkeys and midgets?

I'll take ya for a $3000

SabreEleven
02-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Dogs 6
Wielders 4

:lolpoint: Wielders

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
Hey Dozer I can't go on for the rest of the week, what was the final score between us?

I won, 6-4.

I added Malone of Pitt and some scrub on Ottawa late saturday night- they combined for a goal, 3 assists and I eeked out a few extra pointsout of it :snicker:

SabreEleven
02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Update on our bet, I'm up 4-0 but things can change quickly