PDA

View Full Version : Jerry McGuire with Tom Cruise was on the other night on TBS

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Jerry McGuire played by Tom Cruise is a football sports agent for his agency and he had to get this guy named Cush signed and he was talking to Cush's dad about him going to SD or Denver is this how the real agents work and can a NFL team make a deal before the draft say the BILLS who draft #13 wanted Rivers could we get him to sign with us before the draft so another team couldn't draft him? :feedback:

juice
02-21-2004, 10:24 PM
I dont know but I heard that Rivers Dad and Agent were talking to prospective teams and said the Bills were one of the teams showing the most interest.

juice
02-21-2004, 11:03 PM
"Show me the money" Rivers Dad and Agent... Rivers Individual workout is Mar. 28 at NCSU.

The_Philster
02-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
Jerry McGuire played by Tom Cruise is a football sports agent for his agency and he had to get this guy named Cush signed and he was talking to Cush's dad about him going to SD or Denver is this how the real agents work and can a NFL team make a deal before the draft say the BILLS who draft #13 wanted Rivers could we get him to sign with us before the draft so another team couldn't draft him? :feedback:
I think that could only work if the team has the first slot in the draft...like we did with BRUCE in 85

Marvelous
02-22-2004, 03:25 AM
The #1 pick can sign the guy they are picking then to #2 and so on. But not until the team before locks it...

Thailog80
02-22-2004, 06:20 AM
That movie character was based on real mega agents Leigh Steinberg life I believe...he even had a cameo appearance at the end.