PDA

View Full Version : Was it enough?

WG
10-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Was this narrow margin of victory enough to make any kind of statement?

I don't think it was. As I stated prior to this game, this should have been absolutely no contest. The notion that we allowed the Texans, by a long shot, their best offensive performance on the season is reprehensible.

Their offense features a dubious and banged up OL, a rookie QB, a rookie WR, two other WRs who haven't done beans in the NFL and are certainly not particularly respected for their play at the WR position, and a rookie RB. Even against our poor D, this should not have been a contest.

This game will energize both the Lions and the Bungals. Forget about all the other teams that we play. We allowed over 140 rushing yards today on almost 5 YPC v. the Texans! There is no hope of stopping all the RBs that we will face henceforth. If those teams have passing games, as most of them do, then we'll have to put up 40+ points generally speaking to win those games.

Our D blows!! This week proved it.

This game should have been over shortly after halftime. It wasn't. There won't be a team that we play that will not be realistically convinced that they have a great shot at beating us.

Typ0
10-13-2002, 07:30 PM
I think the game made a big statement. We suck.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:31 PM
And with our offense I don't think there is a team the Bills are not convinced they can beat.

BTW............I agree..............Our D blows!

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I'll take any road win & I'm sure the coaches will agree.

Doesn't matter how ugly it was, it was still a "w"

Novacane
10-13-2002, 07:38 PM
I guess I can agree with that Big Doug. I'd be on a rampage if we'd lost!

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 07:39 PM
LOL, me too. But I will say, that something very good came out of this game. We now know that the team knows it cannot just go out there and win. The team should know now that they must show up and have their "A" game every week for the best chance of a win. It teaches the team a lesson. The games are played on the field, not paper.

NoCtUrNaL
10-13-2002, 07:46 PM
In this league, I'll take a narrow win anyday.

Do we have problem areas?

You betcha, but no team is without it's weaknesses.

Win and improve, win and improve, repeat till SB.

Michael82
10-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Actually...IF you take away the 81 yard bomb to Corey Bradford....

David Carr threw like he has all season. He was 12 of 22 for only 137 yards. :D

WG
10-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Yeah, but we've been just as susceptible to big plays as we are likely to take advantage of them.

You could also say that if they punch it in on that last drive then they have a great chance of winning. I would have gone for two if I were them if they had scored. Momentum was on our side.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2002, 09:14 PM
We held them to a fieldgoal after that bomb which was good

vabillsfan
10-14-2002, 08:25 AM
We're the heart attack Bills! No way we let Houston put up those kind of numbers. Why is it that we play down to the level of our competion?

If the D played in the first half the way the played in the 2nd, we wouldn't be having this issue.

Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up?

GO BILLS!!