PDA

View Full Version : question

realmendontwearteal
02-22-2004, 09:11 AM
What is a gross penalty? Never seen it happen before until yesterday

Dozerdog
02-22-2004, 09:20 AM
It's the same as a "flagrant foul" in basketball.

Whenever a player goes overboard. Spitting in anther player's face, biting during a fight, really blatant penalties with intent to injure, that stuff.

It's a 10 minue penalty.

realmendontwearteal
02-22-2004, 08:50 PM
is it a 10 min miscounduct to start the beginning of the teams next game or just added to the players pim stat

Dozerdog
02-22-2004, 09:03 PM
A Misconduct penalty is when a player gets sent to the box for 10 inutes, but the team does not play shorthanded. If it comes at the end of the game, (Like Kovelchuck did this week) it's basically added to his stat sheet.

I loved it- It was a huge difference maker on my fantasy team :snicker:

Now maybe someone in canada can back me up on this- if a player gets 2 misconducts in a game, he's automatically suspended for the next game.

Also, I beleive all Gross Misconduct penalties arre automatically reviewed by the league for fines and possible suspensions.

Dozerdog
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
BTW- No penalty minutes are ever carried over from one game to another.

realmendontwearteal
02-22-2004, 09:16 PM
cool..... thanx

Fennernen
02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Now maybe someone in canada can back me up on this- if a player gets 2 misconducts in a game, he's automatically suspended for the next game.

I think you are right on that one Dozer... like 2 instigators and you are out for your teams next game... but I could be mistaken, they may have changed it over the years... I have heard that it's 3... Maybe I'll look it up.

SkateZilla
02-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Norfolk (AHL) Admirals Coach trent yawny has A misconduct at every home game,

hehe the fans Love him more than the team cuz if the refs Bull **** around he lets them know..

last home game he took one of His D-Mens Sticks after the Horn And Threw it at the Ref... after Proceeding to Ream him out for being Shorthanded for 17:31 Straight, and 2 man Down for 6:21, because the other team was diving so much i Thought i was at a swim Meet...

hahaha