• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marino13Phins
    Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
    • Oct 2003

Bledsoe

How are you all jumping ship on this guy after one bad year? When you got him, all I heard was how he was going to take you to the promise land. I dislike the guy, I think he was over rated, no anymore though. Dispite not liking him, he is a good qb, and I think he just had an off year, it happens. I really don't think he will play like trash next year, but are all you bills fans jumping ship on bledsoe?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Some people just don't seem to be able to see beyond the QB. They see Bledsoe struggling...but ignore the other problems we had.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Marino13Phins
      • Oct 2003

Kind of like in Miami how we blame fiedler all the time, even though part of the time it is not his fault, it was our "stellar" oline.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
        Kind of like in Miami how we blame fiedler all the time, even though part of the time it is not his fault, it was our "stellar" oline.
        You got it. The funny thing is, no one is not blaming Bledsoe for problems...just that some are blaming him for everything.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Alluro
          You Don't Stand a Chance !
          • Jul 2002

One bad year? half of his entire career has been "one bad year." His career qb rating is lower than jay fiedler's. He has a losing career record. He has been sacked more than any other qb over the past 10 years. One bad year? hardly

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            Some people just don't seem to be able to see beyond the QB. They see Bledsoe struggling...but ignore the other problems we had.

Kinda just like how some people don't seem to be able to grasp that Bledsoe has been a 500 QB his entire career and has sucked for 1 1/2 years.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

You got it. The funny thing is, no one is not blaming Bledsoe for problems...just that some are blaming him for everything.

Thats baloney. There are many here who make every excuse in the book for him. The point is he is being payed like and considered by many a "franchise" QB. Franchise QB's do not have to have everything perfect around them to succeed. Bledsoe does.

Comment

• BillsFever
                Mr. Predictament
                • Feb 2003

Yeah it's funny when everyone brings up "one bad year". I guess they forgot about the 2nd half of the 2002 season, and 6 of the 9 years he was pathetic in New England too.

Bledsoe is finished. We need to dump him and pick up an extra 5+ million in cap room next year. It looks like Donahoe is too stubborn though.

It seems like almost every NFL guy thinks Bledsoe is finished except the people in charge of our team.

When your search for a coach depends on if they think they can turn around Bledsoe, you know you have problems. Fassell didn't even want the job because he knows that he's a dead duck with the tin man behind center. He's gotten a lot of coaches and OC's fired over the years.
                Last edited by BillsFever; 02-22-2004, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                  . He's gotten a lot of coaches and OC's fired over the years. [/B]

Never Drew's fault. Always the coachs.

Funny how Charley Weiss was a nobody until Drew left NE.

Comment

• BillsFever
                    Mr. Predictament
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                    Never Drew's fault. Always the coachs.

Funny how Charley Weiss was a nobody until Drew left NE.
                    If not for Mo Lewis, Charlie Weiss might not even have a job with the Patriots right now. Bledsoe would've ran him into the ground.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Bledsoe

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
                      When you got him, all I heard was how he was going to take you to the promise land.
                      You didn't hear that from me!

QB = 50%
                      OL = 50%

Funny how that works. In 2002 the OL was at or around 45%
                      Bledsoe was too, for the first half of the season, 20% for the second half.

In 2003 the OL was at or around 30% and Bledsoe was around 10%.
                      So sure, blame them both, but most of it fell on Bledsoe both years % wise.

In 2004, I can already see (even with the new coaching staff) that our OL will be up in the 40-50% while Bledsoe will have yet another 2002 season. It's his style of play. It's either there or worse, like 2003, it will never be up there with the 2002 OL for an entire season.

If by some miracle it is, I will commend him. But there is little proof so far (his career) to think otherwise.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Alluro
                        You Don't Stand a Chance !
                        • Jul 2002

I am SOOOO enraged at Donahoe's decision to bring back this bum that i've already given up on next season. Hell, Willis McGahee could be the second coming of Walter Payton, rush for 2000 yds, and I know that Drew Bledsoe will find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory in the playoffs. That's just his MO, the bigger the game, the worse he plays. We should cut our losses with this overrated sack now, we're just wasting seasons with him behind center. If Donahoe would just stop being so stubborn and admit he made a mistake, the franchise would be in so much better shape. Admit you got hosed, and move on. This team HAS ZERO CHANCE of winning the superbowl with drew behind center...ZERO

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alluro
                          I am SOOOO enraged at Donahoe's decision to bring back this bum that i've already given up on next season. Hell, Willis McGahee could be the second coming of Walter Payton, rush for 2000 yds, and I know that Drew Bledsoe will find a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory in the playoffs. That's just his MO, the bigger the game, the worse he plays. We should cut our losses with this overrated sack now, we're just wasting seasons with him behind center. If Donahoe would just stop being so stubborn and admit he made a mistake, the franchise would be in so much better shape. Admit you got hosed, and move on. This team HAS ZERO CHANCE of winning the superbowl with drew behind center...ZERO

His undying loyalty to Bledsoe is going to be whatwill eventually cost Donahoe his job IMO.

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                            • Oct 2003

It is a thing of loyalty, wanny was loyal to jay, but now wanny has no control over the personel we bring in.

I guess some of you guys are right about bledsoe, but I wouldn't say he is as bad as some of you think.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Charlie Weis was a highly regarded offensive coach long before the Bledsoe/Brady thing. Everybody who watched football knew who he was.

Comment

Working...
                              X