PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey wants out of Washington

Mr. Cynical
02-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"There's only one way to resolve this mess and that's to trade Patrick," Sexton said. "I mean, they knew how Patrick felt before [Friday night], and they certainly know even more so now. He wants out. Plain and simple. And if they don't think there is a [viable] market for him, give me 15 minutes, and I'll bring them a fistful of offers."

ESPN link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1740608)

If you believe he is legit, the timing is perfect since he would be starting his 4th year. I'd support them trying to get Ramsey if the trade picks are right.

The_Philster
02-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by kal123
If you believe he is legit, the timing is perfect since he would be starting his 4th year. I'd support them trying to get Ramsey if the trade picks are right.

Actually, 3rd year but I'm in favor of it

Mr. Cynical
02-22-2004, 11:43 AM
:hitself: Yeah, not sure what I was thinking when I said 4.

Still, even with two years under his belt he would be that much farther ahead of any rookie. And he is more of a known quantity so there is less risk. If we can get him for like a 2nd rounder or other rounds in this or next year's draft, I'd be up for it. I'm just a bit gun shy of grabbing a 1st round QB given the history of how they have performed (in general) and/or the minimal additional value over a later round pick.

If we get Ramsey, then TD can focus on a really nice need pick at 13, e.g., OL, DL or DB. And history would be on our side since the success of 1st rounders at those positions is much better than for QBs.

BillsFever
02-22-2004, 12:58 PM
It would make too much sense to go for Ramsey. We midas well stick with Bledsoe. Lets sign him to a lifetime contract. He's such a nice guy.

DraftBoy
02-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Ramsey is 2 years under his belt but only one year of playing...plus alot of you said you wouldnt want TO due to character issues well look at this kids history.

1. He holds out of camp b.c he wanted more money
2. He whines and complains about getting Brunell when he is yet to even lose his starting spot.

I dont want him, and he wont come here and backup.

Novacane
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

2. He whines and complains about getting Brunell when he is yet to even lose his starting spot.

Just like Ramseys agent said..........thats a load of crap. You don't give Brunell 8.5 mill siginging bonus to be a backup QB. Brunell is thier starter and Ramsey has a right to be pissed IMO. He played very well for a 2nd year guy despite Spurrier giving him no protection.

DraftBoy
02-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Ramsey did nothing last season to make him a lock for this seasons starter especially with a new coach. Gibbs is notorius for always have a vet QB on the roster. Do I think that Brunell will be the starter? Yes. Do I think Ramsey could beat him out and put Brunell on the bench? Yes. Look at Bulger and Warner. A high priced vet sent to the bench. it has happened before. I can understand voicing displeasure but what he is doing now seems like crying through the media. Brunell is not the Redskins savior, hes alot like Patrick in every way. Good arm, mobile and a leader. Maybe if Patrick shut his mouth and looked around at the situation hed see that he could learn alot from Brunell instead of whining and crying in the media about a trade and how he doesnt deserve this and yadda yadda yadda.

Mr. Cynical
02-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Being drafted in the 1st round means that you are intended to be the future of the team. He has been on this team for 2 years and since he has done nothing to screw up his status, it is his time to have a clear path without looking over his shoulder. So in this regard I think he has every right to be upset.

However, I will agree that getting a new coach changes the dynamics a bit. Gibbs was not part of the decision to draft him and if Gibbs was on board with Ramsey he would not have signed Brunell at that price tag. So with this signing, he has shown a lack of faith in Ramsey which would piss me off as well.

So I really don't have a problem with him voicing his agitation (although I don't know if he has even said anything publicly other than what his agent has said for him). Better to get out of a bad situation earlier than later. Better for him, better for the team. Also, this isn't during the season where it really becomes a distraction, and I don't consider this a TO-type of outburst since it is justified IMO.