X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

Interesting

I dont think that this would be an entirely bad deal...it says that the Texans would throw in their 2nd rounder next year...and it also would allow us to get the possible QB of the future and still have all our picks this year to work on other glaring needs...I cannot decide what is best for us...right now I think it is an impact WR....one of the Williams willhopefully be there for us...
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I really don't want Drew Henson.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

id take it
      the dude abides

Comment

• kal123
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Too much risk with Henson IMO.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kal123
          Too much risk with Henson IMO.
          He's a bigger gamble than most anyone coming out in the draft this year. At least they all played football in the past two years.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
            I really don't want Drew Henson.
            Me either.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
              • Aug 2003

id take henson this year if we could use a conditional 1st - 3rd rounder NEXT year as it has been reported is one possible option. we wouldnt use any draft picks this year and we could concentrate on the 1st three rounds filling wr, de, o'line, te - in that order without using one on a qb. we ar going to address the rest of our o'line needs in free agency i believe.
              "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• Alluro
                You Don't Stand a Chance !
                • Jul 2002

There are no sure things ! we might as well go with someone the scouts say is more talented (arguably) than manning. The draft is littered with high draft picks that never pan out, everyone is a risk. Henson is one of the most decorated High School athletes ever and was the #1 prospect in the country by EVERY magazine when he entered Michigan....Apparently the 3 year sabatical with baseball has done nothing to erode his immense physical gifts. Why not give him a shot? The head coach of michigan at the time called him the most talented QB he's ever seen. Brining him in would be a stroke of genius on Donahoe's part, especially if we don't have to give up anything in this year's draft to do it.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

The risk is not in the trade deal with Houston. The risk is in the contract with Henson. He wants big money in a long term deal. That usually means big bonus. We sign him to a long term deal with a big bonus and discover he can play football any better than he could baseball, we're in deep cap doodoo. The deal has to have some kind of protection for the Bills if he's to be our QB of the future. Other than that I wouldn't mind giving him a try.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alluro
                    The head coach of michigan at the time called him the most talented QB he's ever seen.
                    so talented he wasn't made a full-time starter
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Alluro
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

so talented he wasn't made a full-time starter
                      I think i'd give him a mulligan for having the best qb in the nfl today starting in front of him. The fact that he even started over brady in some games is impressive. Especially since Brady was a senior member of the team and henson was the young hotshot.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alluro
                        I think i'd give him a mulligan for having the best qb in the nfl today starting in front of him.
                        I guess that means that either the coach lied or he just preferred to play a lesser QB
                        The head coach of michigan at the time called him the most talented QB he's ever seen.

Comment

• Alluro
                          • Jul 2002

when i think talent, i think pure physical ability..that doesn't always translate into success. I don't know what Lloyd Carr meant when he said that, but i'm assuming he meant talent as in physical skills.

Comment

Working...
                          X