PDA

View Full Version : You're the Coach: In a "gimme" game, early in the season, do you...

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Blow your whole load by pulling out all the plays in the playbook, or do you show up with a "vanilla" offensive gameplan so the next two weeks teams are looking at film that has no relevance to when you play them ?

You make the call...

Romes
10-13-2002, 07:50 PM
is this supposed to be an explanation for the bad D we have been playing?

Romes
10-13-2002, 07:51 PM
You pull out whatever you need to pull out to win the game, IMO.

Ð
10-13-2002, 07:52 PM
actually, I was thinking more "O" but I guess it's relevant to the "D" too

WG
10-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Gotta agree w/ Cal here.

Besides, the Bills and their fans have heretofore involuntarily waived their right to call any game a "gimme" game!

From now on, even v. Cincy or Detroit, there is no such thing as a gimme game for us this year.

Our D sucks. So it essentially comes down to whether the O can put up enough points and not negate them w/ TOs for scores such that they do so more than the other teams which will be hard pressed to score less than 30 vs. us each week!

Cntrygal
10-14-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Besides, the Bills and their fans have heretofore involuntarily waived their right to call any game a "gimme" game!

From now on, even v. Cincy or Detroit, there is no such thing as a gimme game for us this year.

I have always thought there was no such thing as a "gimme game". "Gimme's" usually end up being losses or "near losses". :mad:

WG
10-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Especially for Buffalo this year!

lordofgun
10-14-2002, 12:21 AM
Buffalo has NEVER played well against bad teams. It's not just this year.

Ð
10-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Yep, one thing I've learned is NEVER bet on the Bills to cover the spread LOL

DIHARD2
10-14-2002, 03:55 AM
How much did the other teams spend this year for players?

With free agency and the cap there is no longer any team that is not going to have the players each week to beat any team any day. It's a new era of football.
Also does it not take the defense to stop the other team from out scoring you, in order to win???

Another heart attack game was played today and Buffalo won it.

Any football fan cannot help but enjoy games like this.

Monday night football has been so boring, too bad they couldn't, figure out a way to, get Buffalo to play this year on Monday night. At least it would be a good game to watch.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

clumping platelets
10-14-2002, 04:55 AM
I'm planning my trip to San Diego right now :)

:tomato:

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I'm planning my trip to San Diego right now :)

:tomato:

Since I know buffalo wont make it....can you then sell your tickets to me a lil bit cheaper.:chuckle: