• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

I don't believe were getting Henson

When Mort says it, it's usually a done deal, Clayton's predictions you can take with a grain of salt.
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

but why wouldnt we want henson? we had 5 staff members there to watch his work out, he did well, his price wont be high, its a gurenteed pick (rivers might not be there at 13) we can give him a few years to develop, hes still young with a TON of upside, etc
    the dude abides

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

It sounds like we are going to get him to me
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

with the 'Phins out of the derby by aquiring Feely, I really haven't heard of any other teams besides the Bills. If they want him, he'll be here....

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

i think its worth the risk for a second rounder in 05
          the dude abides

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
            but why wouldnt we want henson? we had 5 staff members there to watch his work out, he did well, his price wont be high, its a gurenteed pick (rivers might not be there at 13) we can give him a few years to develop, hes still young with a TON of upside, etc
            The only problem I have with henson is if we give him a 2-3 years he will be 26 or 27 my question is how long will we have him before we start looking for another QB of the future. When we could go with rivers and by the time he starts he will be around for years.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

That's fine. 26-27 only means more maturity (hopefully) plus it's young enough to still get a good 5-7 years as our starter. Obviously this is all determined on whether or not he has "it". Keep your fingers crossed. I understand most of the arguments against getting him but the one I don't get is "We don't want a baseball player". How stupid is that? Obviously he's not a baseball player, that's why he flunked that test. I personally don't care if baseball's his 1st love, there are a lot of guys who play well and football's not their first love. Eric Moulds makes no secret about the fact that basketball's his first love, neither does T.O. They both seem to do okay.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                • Jul 2002

Hopefully, TD this is just a smoke screen to make everyone think they're after Henson, when they're actually after Rivers.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

NC -Bills44 makes a great point. I haven't even thought about that, but that idea does have alot of validity. Either way, Rivers or Henson would be a nice qb to have.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I'd wait until april. Just before the deadline offer Texas a #4 next season- see if they take it.

Comment

• hintexas
                      • Mar 2003

In this situation what matters more if the Texans will take the deal or if Drew Henson will take the deal. I think the Texans are just happy they are turning a 6th round pick into a higher pick but Henson's agent could squeeze the team he is traded to for a lot of money.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hintexas
                        In this situation what matters more if the Texans will take the deal or if Drew Henson will take the deal. I think the Texans are just happy they are turning a 6th round pick into a higher pick but Henson's agent could squeeze the team he is traded to for a lot of money.
                        TD won't be squeezed besides i'm sure a tenative deal would be reached when he is traded to Bills with the the agent.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

The cloud hanging over this deal has never been about the draft choice which isn't a huge deal for a player with Henson's potential. The cloud consists of the NFL restrictions which will make it nearly impossible to do a deal with Henson that gives him the kind of money he wants while protecting the Bills from the possibility Henson will be a bust, and doing it in a way that does not blow u p Houston's 2004 cap numbers.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I can't see TD dealing for Henson until there is a contract in place that TD agrees to.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              I'd wait until april. Just before the deadline offer Texas a #4 next season- see if they take it.
                              yeah.. for all the teams that were supposedly so hot on henson.. it seems like this could turn out like bledsoe.. the bills competeing only with themselves for him.. i would wait till the last second too, so that you have to give up as little as possible.. because the texans would be concerned about just losing him back to the draft.

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              I can't see TD dealing for Henson until there is a contract in place that TD agrees to.
                              yeah, there is no way he would.. if we get the news flash that henson is a bill, the deal has already been agreed to.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X