X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Grove enjoys nasty reputation

Had he been clutching the steering wheel of a tractor instead of a microphone, decked out in threadbare coveralls instead of the standard-issue combine T-shirt that identified him simply as "OL-02," then perhaps Virginia Tech center Jake Grove might have been a little more comfortable during his media session here.

But don't count on it.

Rated as the best snapper in the 2004 draft class, Grove proved to be one of the snappiest interview subjects as well, espousing on a fairly wide range of subjects football-related and otherwise with the same ease and down-home mien which usually accompanies him when he walks the fields of his family's Forest, Va., farm.

Then again, none of the reporters gathered around Grove on Thursday morning offered even a hint of a cross word, nothing with the potential to set him off, nary a syllable that might have unleashed what Virginia Tech tailback Kevin Jones called "the nasty side" of the Hokies star center.

Centers don't often get taken in the first round, but Jake Grove's "nasty" play could push him into the top 32.
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Nice find Spaz. I hope we can get this guy in the 2nd. We could really use him and he could step right in and start.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

"I don't care if people call me dirty. As long as they don't call me soft, that's all."

hell yeah boy.. thats what we need.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        "I don't care if people call me dirty. As long as they don't call me soft, that's all."

hell yeah boy.. thats what we need.
        Get his ass in here pronto! IF thsi deal comes through with Henson we really could address lots of our needs this year in the draft.

Comment

Working...
        X