PDA

View Full Version : Portis to skins...

elltrain22
02-23-2004, 09:13 AM
This is crazy. Whatta a deal for the skins if they pull it off. heres the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

The Spaz
02-23-2004, 09:14 AM
:jawdrop:

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Man! Tomorrow the Skins will be after Marshall Faulk!

ryjam282
02-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I heard the same deal with the Seahawks for Alexander. This can't be for real. If so, HOLY FRIGGIN COW

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 09:16 AM
And here we are with 2 running backs-- one unproven under fire

Earthquake Enyart
02-23-2004, 09:16 AM
How about Travis for Champ? :couch:

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Would you pull the trigger on a Travis Henry and our #2 pick for Bailey and Ramsey?

The Spaz
02-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Would you pull the trigger on a Travis Henry and our #2 pick for Bailey and Ramsey?

I may do it if I knew more about McGahee's knee.

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Hell- draft Steve Jackson after pulling that deal

Earthquake Enyart
02-23-2004, 09:20 AM

I would, but the Skins wouldn't.

I'd do Henry for Bailey even up.

Michael82
02-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Holy crap! I wonder what the Broncos fans think of this. Portis is a top 5 RB and is very young and will only get better. This is insane. Who would have thunk that both Shaun Alexander and Clinton Portis could be on the trading block? Man!

Tatonka
02-23-2004, 09:48 AM
there is NO WAY IN HELL that the broncos give up easily the best RB that they have had other than terrell davis.. portis is an emerging superstar.. not just a star.. but a game breaker in every sense of the word.. no way no way no way..

and the broncos dont have a replacement.. griffen? give me a break.. mike anderson? no way.. they would be so much better off just drafting a cornerback in the draft.

OpIv37
02-23-2004, 09:57 AM

hell no- not until MacGahee proves himself. Too many question marks- stick with the one that works.

Gunzlingr
02-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
there is NO WAY IN HELL that the broncos give up easily the best RB that they have had other than terrell davis.. portis is an emerging superstar.. not just a star.. but a game breaker in every sense of the word.. no way no way no way..

and the broncos dont have a replacement.. griffen? give me a break.. mike anderson? no way.. they would be so much better off just drafting a cornerback in the draft.

Amen! They would be friggin' nuts!

eyedog
02-23-2004, 10:49 AM
I have a problem with giving any cornerback 7-8 million or whatever Baily will get. Too much money to tie up in a corner.

Ebenezer
02-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I thought the Bailey for Alexander thing was a done deal...I don't believe anything involving the 'Skins until it happens...Snyder is the next Al Davis.

Philagape
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
I understand neither the Alexander nor Portis rumors.
How can a team trade a franchise RB for any CB, no matter how good he is? It's just the nature of the positions. One great CB can't be worth one great RB because you play at least 2 CBs! A franchise RB is worth several wins a season just by being there.
It's said that Denver is balking at Portis' contract demands ... 1. Portis is the franchise and should get a big contract, and 2. What about Bailey's demands?? How can Denver be so high on Griffin that they would trade arguably a top-3 RB?
If I'm Denver, I'd want Bailey, this year's No. 1, next year's No. 1, and Lavar Arrington! Skins would never consider that, but that's the point! Portis would be untouchable!
I don't get it. :huh:

The Natrix
02-23-2004, 11:40 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. The Broncos are idiots.

madness
02-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Maybe Denver is just sick of dealing with their "problem child". I've heard Bailey is a real team player and is highly regarded by his teammates. Portis is just the opposite, Denver might be sick of dealing with him.

Michael82
02-23-2004, 11:58 AM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Clinton Portis is a great player and is their offense! Without Clinton Portis and now it looks like Mike Anderson will leave too...who do you have left? Griffin?!?! What the hell are the Broncos smoking? You can find a top cornerback in FA or in the draft, but you aren't going to find a Clinton Portis just sitting around somewhere. All I know is, if I was a Bronco fan...I'd be getting my noose ready to hang their GM. :shakeno:

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2004, 12:07 PM
One of my buddies is a Broncos fan. He's got a noose ready to hang himself already.

Michael82
02-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
If I'm Denver, I'd want Bailey, this year's No. 1, next year's No. 1, and Lavar Arrington! Skins would never consider that, but that's the point! Portis would be untouchable!
I don't get it. :huh:

I wasn't thinking that crazy of a trade. I'd offer Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey and this year's #1, and have them throw in Ladell Betts. :D

Michael82
02-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
One of my buddies is a Broncos fan. He's got a noose ready to hang himself already.

I'd be feeling the same way. Trading Portis for Champ Bailey would be like Priest Holmes for Champ Bailey and I have a feeling...the Chiefs fans would riot, if they didn't already burn down the stadium. :eek:

Philagape
02-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

I wasn't thinking that crazy of a trade.

I was just illustrating that I was Denver, Portis is untouchable. However, if he's a head case, then maybe I'd talk ....

Michael82
02-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
I was just illustrating that I was Denver, Portis is untouchable. However, if he's a head case, then maybe I'd talk ....

He's demanding a new contract. and has threatened to sit out if he didn't get a raise. That's all i know. But still...he's a top 5 talent and a RB changes the game soo much more that a great CB.

london59
02-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Denver would be completely stupid to pull a trigger on this deal. And the only draft pick that they are asking for is a second. Bailey is a phenominal corner but I just don't see the comparison to a guy that provides you with near 2,000 yards of offense and 15 TD's and a 5.5 yards per carry average. There must be something else going on that we don't know the full story on. In the last part of that article it says that Portis upset Broncos officials by his contract demands at the pro bowl 2 weeks ago. It also said something about him holding out next year for more money. So what! He is under contract for a couple more years. Restructure his deal! Lock him up! He is worth it! You don't ditch your best players just because they want more money when they are still under contract. If the Redskins pull this off I will be freakin amazed.

realmendontwearteal
02-23-2004, 02:21 PM
is this deal gonna be pulled off