PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey to the Broncos

Valerie
02-23-2004, 09:55 AM
The Broncos and Washington Redskins are closing in on a blockbuster deal that would send Denver's Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis to Washington for Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~1973439,00.html

I'm very surprised. Champ Bailey is one of the best players on the Skins. I really wonder what they're thinking every time they get rid of a good player. Look at how stupid getting rid of Stephen Davis was. The Redskins lost BIG TIME with that dumb move.

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Are you kidding me?

Denver IMHO is the big loser. CBs are falling out of trees this season, it's the running back that can get 3,000 yards and 30 TDs in 2 seasons that are hard to come by. Winfield will sign with the skins and they are now the new force in the NFC

Valerie
02-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I guess I don't follow who's up and coming. But, I know that Champ Bailey is a good player and the Skins have very few good players. I wouldn't get rid of him if I was in charge. I guess, according to you, it's a good thing I'm not in charge. lol

Dozerdog
02-23-2004, 10:09 AM
If I were drafting a team from scratch- Clinton Portis would be one of the top 5 guys I'd pick. Bailey would be a much lower priority

Valerie
02-23-2004, 10:28 AM
I don't really know anything about Clinton Portis, except I don't like his first name. lol

Regardless what the Skins do this season, it will still take them at least two years to get things together and become a contender, IMHO.

The Natrix
02-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Denver would have to be retarted. What, they think Jake Plummer can win games on his own? :rofl:

juice
02-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Denver has the best RB evaluaters in the NFL, they'd just go and find the next Portis in the draft.

mypoorfriendme
02-23-2004, 05:31 PM
maybe the broncos are having cap problems? i know they have to resign portis soon, but its not like bailey wont be demanding just as much. both are one of the best at their positions, but still portis is much more valuable. maybe the extra pick they will get is a high one

mypoorfriendme
02-23-2004, 05:50 PM
actually, after thinking about it a bit more, the broncos are getting the high end of this deal by far. i think half of portis's success can be credited to the awesome bronco line and more importantly, the coaching scheme. no running back has failed in that system so maybe portis is only "really good" not "amazing"