X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

If Henson enters the draft...

What do you think the chances are of either Rivers, Losman, or Henson being there when Buffalo is up in the second round?

Byrd.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I think 2 of the 3 would be there

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

That's a moot point. Henson isn't entering the draft. Houston will NOT allow him to, because that means they lost their last year's 6th round pick for nothing.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I dont think they are really gonna wanna sign him either...Or if he will wanna sign just to backup for them for a season.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• socalfan
          Old Fogey from Cali
          • Feb 2003

Houston cannot stop him from re-entering the draft.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by socalfan
            Houston cannot stop him from re-entering the draft.
            By signing and trading him they can.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              That's a moot point. Henson isn't entering the draft. Houston will NOT allow him to, because that means they lost their last year's 6th round pick for nothing.
              What if he doesn't agree to sign with Texans and wants to enter the draft. What can the Texans do except loose that 6th pick?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

When Houston made him a 6th round pick- they did it with them losing the 6th pick a highly probable outcome. It was a toss away pick- they had a ton of extra picks in a dreadfully weak draft.

Anyhtring they get is gravy. Henson only needs Houston as a "broker" to get him to the team he wants. They will be compesated with an extra pick next season.

If Henson gets greedy, he will just refuse to sign and take his chances in april

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

By signing and trading him they can.
                  True, but Henson does not have to sign. If Henson doesn't like the contract he will just re-enter the draft.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Romes

True, but Henson does not have to sign. If Henson doesn't like the contract he will just re-enter the draft.
                    Henson has stated on several occasions that he likes the idea of being traded as opposed to enter the draft something will be worked out one way or the other.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

It is not a definite. Besides, that is why I said "If."

anyway, if someone other than Buffalo trades for Henson, that could be one less team that will be taking a QB before the Bills #2 pick.

My point is I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking an immediate impact player in the 1st round if there is a good chance one of the three are there in the second or if Henson is traded for of course. I think I have been buying into the Rivers hype a little bit too much.

I will be very dissapoited with anyone after Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Losman, Henson, though.

Also, what is the general consensus on Miami's QB situation? With the addition of Feeley, could they still draft a QB in the first or second?

Byrd.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                        But he'll sign because he doesn't want to re-enter the draft and get picked by whichever team. He wants to have some say in which team he wants to go to, and signing and trading is the way to do that.

Comment

• hintexas
                          • Mar 2003

DOes anyone know where on the web you can see video of henson playing in College?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                            • Apr 2003

id be happy with any of those qb's in round two, although the only likely one (assuming henson does enter) is losman and hes by far my least favorite although he would add another demension to our offense seeing that he is actually mobile
                            the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                            X