PDA

View Full Version : Wys: "We're gonna get our asses handed to us next week! That's all there is to it."

Ð
10-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Care to elaborate?

WG
10-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Sure:

Miami's foot will be up our arse!

41-17 Phins!

Williams w/a close to 200-yard day. Fiedler w/ a good performance on top of that as Watson learns to spin, spin, spin his way to getting cut!
Henry being taken out of the game practically while we try to play catch-up from the 2nd Q on.

As much as I'd love to beat the Phins into oblivion Doug, it simply ain't gonna happen. WAY too much talent on their side on all sides of the ball. The heat won't do us any favors either. And if Williams ain't back on the OL, the Texan DL this week will look like a pop-warner line.

Anything else?

If we were playing the Phins today, we would have lost 51-13!

Rebecky
10-13-2002, 08:37 PM
Are you watching the game tonight?? Miami's secondary looks like Buffalo's!!!

WG
10-13-2002, 08:42 PM
I'm sure it'll be just fine next week at home. They may be looking past Denver to us.

Besides, Denver's passing O is nearly as effective as ours except that they have the balance from the rushing offense just about every week. Unless we show up w/ both, and we rarely have yet, then we won't be as effective.

Also, Denver's D is very good. Ours blows. That will have an impact too. But until Miami allows much more than 30 points against a team that has 5 times the offense that Houston does, it's moot.

I see McMichael being our primary nemesis next week. We'll have trouble with him.

WG
10-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Besides, what are you talking about. Denver doesn't have a TD thru the first half and it's Miami's ball w/ only minutes remaining.

If we can't put up more than 9 points in the first half next week, it'll be over by halftime.

Ð
10-13-2002, 08:45 PM
I think it's gonna be a shootout and closer than you think...I'm thinking it's gonna be in the 30's, although I'll have a hard time picking the winner @ this point. (Looking @ Chris Chambers lying on the field right now, that could be a huge factor)

I don't know @ Williams...depends on what D shows up...
I hope it's the one that held A-train to under 50 yds rushing & knocked Curtis Martin out of the game & held them to what, 70 yds rushing, not the D that showed up for Minn, Oak, Denver & Houston? :D

WG
10-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Even if Chambers is out, we're gonna get killed.

Who's gonna stop Williams???

Williams is gonna have 200 yards rushing alone. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. 150+ EASILY!

Chambers hasn't done much this year for the Phins. It's been this rookie phenomina Randy McMichael, a Gonzalez-like TE. He'll give us fits. Robinson can't handle his youth and speed. Our Ss will be overmatched. Meanwhile, Gadsen, McKnight, and whoever else they have should be able to provide the passing presence other than McMichael.

We're gonna struggle offensively is my guess. Henry less than 50 or 60 yards, Drew struggling more than usual in that he'll have to "come from behind" on the road v. a much better D and w/o the balance we had today.

I see it getting ugly.

WG
10-13-2002, 08:55 PM
I don't think we'll get 30.

13-24

Ð
10-13-2002, 09:07 PM
They said the same thing @ A-train & we held him to 50 yds, so let's wait & see...

WG
10-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Chicago ain't Miami. Fiedler is much better than Miller. Chicago had been struggling all season while Williams has been tearin' up the NFL. McMichael, Gadsen, Chambers if healthy, the Miami D which has a much better secondary than the Bears do. Much.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2002, 09:11 PM
Right WYS I don't even think that they should even play the game. THere is absolutly no chance that we will win!

Ð
10-13-2002, 09:11 PM
Watching the game? Fielder isn't much better than pop warner tonight :D

Butch
10-13-2002, 09:31 PM
I don't expect us to beat the Fins next week, but I think it will be a good game.

Michael82
10-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Sometimes I wonder about the loyalty that Wys has to his team. Every single post trashes either Henry, the defense or some other Bill. He also never says any positive things about the Bills. Come on Wys....admit it! You are really a Dolphin fan!!! :rolleyes:

Rebecky
10-13-2002, 09:48 PM
No -- I don't know Wys personally, but I get the feeling he wants this team to play up to its potential, which it is presently NOT doing. If the Bills play up to their potential, they'll be in the playoffs -- they'll probably be in the Superbowl. Doesn't it just make you mad sometimes to hear all the "excuses" why we "can't"?

Ð
10-13-2002, 11:04 PM
:lmao:

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
"No -- I don't know Wys personally, but I get the feeling he wants this team to play up to its potential, which it is presently NOT doing. If the Bills play up to their potential, they'll be in the playoffs -- they'll probably be in the Superbowl. Doesn't it just make you mad sometimes to hear all the "excuses" why we "can't"?"

No I just think he is a complainer who always need something to complain about. I don't doubt his loyalty or love for the Bills but his constant complaining can be annoying.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 11:22 PM
I can't see us beating the phins next week but than again.........I would have bet the house that the Raiders would have whooped the Rams today so as the saying goes........Thats why they play the games.

Ingtar33
10-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Living up to potential?
If you aren't living up to potential you play like the Bungles... thus far the Bills have played with heart. Look at P.Williams, that man has to drag him self off the field after every game. Leaving the O aside (as I think we can all agree they are playing up to potential), the fact is the Bills D either doesn't have the horses or is poorly coached. The one thing I've never seriously questioned is this team’s desire and effort.

lordofgun
10-13-2002, 11:36 PM
That's exactly correct, Ingtar. This Bills team has a TON of heart, and they NEVER give up.

justasportsfan
10-13-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Chicago ain't Miami. Fiedler is much better than Miller. Chicago had been struggling all season while Williams has been tearin' up the NFL. McMichael, Gadsen, Chambers if healthy, the Miami D which has a much better secondary than the Bears do. Much.

Now I know why wys hates Henry. He's a finfan!:bling:

Sabre Ally
10-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Now I know why wys hates Henry. He's a finfan!

But everything he said was true. Everything that you just quoted, anyway.

BillsMan80
10-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Dumbo sucks...Gadsden and McKnight, and the rest of those scrubs will be shut down by our Corners. And w/o Chambers, they don't have a #3 WR.

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Chambers hasn't done much this season, he's been on my FFL bench because I can't count on him for points. Of course, Ricky Williams might have something to do with that. :chuckle:

WG
10-14-2002, 12:47 AM
"Watching the game? Fielder isn't much better than pop warner tonight"

Yeah, vs. the Denver D. Not the keystone cop D.

Small difference...

:D

WG
10-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Heart???

I sure didn't see Watson putting much "heart" into tackling Gaffney, a world-class rookie today.

Nor did I see much "heart" in Robinson trying to get to Carr as he meandered 17 yards untouched into the Endzone.

I'll tell ya what has me miffed this season; here it is TT, so pay very close attention so that you don't have to not know why in the future.

The reason why I'm so miffed is that b/c ALL offseason we were told by GW and TD that the talent we had on D would step up while we decided to put all of our eggs into the offensive basket. We had plenty of opportunities to sign a whole bunch of name DTs and DEs that could have been gotten for relatively little and easily fit under our cap.

Yet, we felt impelled to go get the dregs from the Titans and Steelers under the guise that TD and GW had some sort of "inside knowledge" that all these stiffs this year and last were some sort of hidden gems.

NOW, our D is FAR worse off than it was last year when we didn't have this O to take the pressure off the D. I was easily able to see that the "talent" we had on our DL was nowhere near able to compete in this league. Yet, we were told that it would all be OK.

Instead, we find ourselves w/ a D that's worse than last year, and find out that half the coaches don't know WTH they're doing. Apparently, eh! Otherwise they'd have improved w/ better talent.

Meanwhile we're ~ $4M under the cap, we have guys on this team that I didn't think we should have signed in Robinson, and one that I said should have been cut in the preseason or even after last season who are costing us games.

If some armchair stiff can figure these things out as have many of you, then why can't someone who's getting paid half a million bucks to to it figure it out.

I'm tellin' ya, if we bring in one more ex-Steeler or Titan next year I'm gonna puke!

I wanna be competitive and other than getting Drew here and a nominal upgrade in our STs play from horrendous to fair, we have regressed, that mean's gotten worse, from last year.

What are we to expect. That given all that, and w/o a first round pick that we're gonna improve on all fronts for next year?

We will know exactly how serious GW and TD are about turning this team into a winner next year by whether or not their friendships w/ some of the coaches preclude their commitments to winning.

I would say for starters, barring a miracle on the defensive side of the ball, Gray is gone. I would toss a few others as well that I won't mention in that it may not be fair to them at this point. There is still time for redemption for them w/o major miracles.

I want to win there TT. But w/ the team we have now, we're still 2 seasons away barring a major overhaul again on D, from being competitive enough to win the AFC Championship and to go on to the SB.

I'm getting tired of the lipservice by TD and the coaches. Last year was their year to "rebuild", "weed out the Phillips guys", whatever you want to call it. This year there was supposed to be significant improvement, not major regression.

We have our work cut out for us in order to make us playoff competitive for next season.

WG
10-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Clear as mud! :D

Actually I hate complaining. Not as much as I hate losing and not being competitive however.

WG
10-14-2002, 01:06 AM
And also, while everyone is saying that we'll have all kinds of cap room, just remember that Price is gonna want the moon. Whenever an offense explodes like this, all of a sudden everyone wants more money. What about Drew? Is it fair to keep his current salary where it is? Will we renegotiate his?

How will that impact our ability to get defensive help of the marquee or big name variety?

Ð
10-14-2002, 01:10 AM
Heart???...
I'll tell ya what has me miffed this season; here it is TT, so pay very close attention so that you don't have to not know why in the future.

The reason why I'm so miffed is that b/c ALL offseason we were told by GW and TD that the talent we had on D would step up while we decided to put all of our eggs into the offensive basket. ...

Wys, we all got played by a "playah" Get over it, don't take it so personally.

Tough choices were made... If you think this wasn't also going to be a "rebuilding year," contrary to what GW & Co. were telling the press, then I have some swampland in Florida for you. Cheap! :D

WG
10-14-2002, 01:14 AM
I knew this was gonna be a rebuilding year, but did we "rebuild" anything on D? Seems to me that next year's gonna be a rebuilding year too. And if you don't see it that way then I have some swampland for you. ;)

There's no way we revamp what we currently have on D so much that we have the kind of D we need to compete successfully in the playoffs next year. I'm startin' to see that we've all been hoodwinked!

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 01:16 AM
Why not Wys? We revamped our offense in only one offseason.......why can't we do the same with the defense during the next offseason?

Our D has played better than I expected they would before the season started.

Ð
10-14-2002, 01:56 AM
The difference next year is that we currently don't have a first-round draft choice to either draft a marquee defensive player or trade for an established player.

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to get some pretty good help in return for any of our emerging and/or proven offensive superstars. I think everyone will be on the trading block this off-season, including the likes of Moulds, Henry, Price, Reed & (dare I say it) Bledsoe. We're definately D-challenged, so if we have to give up some of our wealth of players on the O side of the ball, so be it.

DIHARD2
10-14-2002, 02:38 AM
If I'm not mistaken, if it wasn't for a fumble touchdown, the Bills would have beaten Denver.

Majority of the players we have playing right now have never played together as a team but yet they're accomplishing it. So to say that we're going to gets spanked by the fish, someone really doesn't know our history with the fish and how hard we have played with worst teams then this and beat them.

I cannot put down the defense or the coaching on the defense until we spend the money for the players that are needed, which would be next off-season. This year Buffalo will spoil, some other teams hopes. That's all we can hope for, and a 8/8 season.

Actually what are the potentials that everyone is talking about? This is a totally new team, and on paper at best we are an 8/8 team.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Speechless....I love the title of this thread.

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Are you watching the game tonight?? Miami's secondary looks like Buffalo's!!!

May I remind you they are playing the Broncos.....and BTW when did the Bills ever have 2 INTs in a game this season? I just dont see any comparison.

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Even if Chambers is out, we're gonna get killed.

Who's gonna stop Williams???

Williams is gonna have 200 yards rushing alone. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. 150+ EASILY!

Chambers hasn't done much this year for the Phins. It's been this rookie phenomina Randy McMichael, a Gonzalez-like TE. He'll give us fits. Robinson can't handle his youth and speed. Our Ss will be overmatched. Meanwhile, Gadsen, McKnight, and whoever else they have should be able to provide the passing presence other than McMichael.

We're gonna struggle offensively is my guess. Henry less than 50 or 60 yards, Drew struggling more than usual in that he'll have to "come from behind" on the road v. a much better D and w/o the balance we had today.

I see it getting ugly.

:anvil: I love it when you make these kind of good predictions!

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Right WYS I don't even think that they should even play the game. THere is absolutly no chance that we will win!

oh, there is a chance.....tiny....but there is one.

WCoastFin
10-14-2002, 02:08 PM
sheesh Wys, youve took all the words right out of my mouth!

Earthquake Enyart
10-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Chicago ain't Miami. Fiedler is much better than Miller.

Now you've gone too far. I can put up with all the negativity (oops, sorry "realism") on the Bills. But Fiedler better than Jim Miller? Are you high?

Ask Log and CP.

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 05:24 PM
WCoastPhin--

In this very thread, I later rescinded my remark about your secondary being like Buffalo -- your CB's were playing way off the WR's at first -- but later, unlike Buffalo, they seemed to get the feel of the WR's and started playing more aggressively, hence your two int's. I think our Buff CB's are just as talented as any in the league -- I don't know why the heck they play 10 yds off the WR's throughout every game.

WG
10-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Ally, Doug,

No way we trade Drew or Moulds. Price can go where he wants to; UFA. Trading Henry for a lot might be a good deal, but if he does step up as many of you say he will, then he can learn to not fumble. I think we should keep him if he does play better. Nevertheless, it may indeed be wise to trade him for a solid DT and something else. Reed won't be worth that much after this year. Look for about 7 or 800 yards out of him. That won't make great trade bait. He'll be better than his perception.

Halbert
10-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm normally quite positive on the Bills. And I'm still predicting a 10-6 finish for the season.

But I have no delusions about the Bills being likely to win in Miami. Of course it could happen and I'll be cheering in earnest for it, but based on what we've seen the last few weeks, Ricky is going to run roughshod over us and even Lucas could have a big day passing when we try to crowd the box. We'll play them tough but our offense can only cover so much of the defensive deficiencies and it's highly likely we'll end up on the short end of that score. Before Fiedler got hurt I predicted something like 35-28. I think I'm going to stick to that because I think their run game is what's going to kill us, Lucas just has to do what everybody else is doing against us - hit the hot WR in single coverage. We should keep it within a touchdown by games end but Miami is too superior to count on us overcoming all their advantages.

Playing in the Ralph will be a different story but with our D in its current state winning in Miami at this point would be something of a fluke. It's going to take both winning the turnover battle and reducing the high frequency of mistakes we're making so far this season - neither of which we've really done in any game so far. Miami isn't Houston and we'll need to be sharp from start to end, another thing we haven't done. But I've gone down there before expecting a loss so hopefully they'll surprise me again.

Tatonka
10-15-2002, 12:20 AM
last time i checked.. we were 3-13 last year..

last time i checked... we have won 3 games already this year..

last time i checked.. winning games = good.. losing games = bad

last time i checked... we look to be on pace to win more games this year than last...

last time i checked... winning more = your a better team

last time i checked... i loath wys and his posts and constant whining and pissing and moaning...

Tatonka
10-15-2002, 12:24 AM
and if you guys are so sure.. i mean ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that buffalo is gonna lose this week, then you should grab every available dime you have and get to vegas and put your money where your mouth is..

it discusts me to hear this crying about how we will get blown out.. if your so sure that the bills get blown out, then your and idiot for not making money on it..

i am sure that the guys in vegas made the spread 4 because it is gonna be a blow out and they want everyone to win alot of money this week at their expense..

jack a s s e s

mackey789
10-15-2002, 02:56 AM
I come to this board to read intelligant posts about the bills and then i come across WYS posts.....which are TOTALLy rediculace and against our bills. NO positives and all negatives, screw WYS.......GO BILLS!!!!! I think we have a real shot this weekend, and i think it will be another close one. If we pull this one off we could go into the NE game 5-3!!!!!!!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halbert
10-15-2002, 07:38 AM
Can you feel the love?

casdhf
10-15-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

last time i checked... i loath wys and his posts and constant whining and pissing and moaning...

:lol:

WG
10-15-2002, 08:05 AM
Then why do you and the others keep rehashing these threads. I certainly haven't started any in a while!

;)

I know you love me cas!!

Proverbially speaking of course...

:D

WG
10-15-2002, 08:51 AM
"Why not Wys? We revamped our offense in only one offseason.......why can't we do the same with the defense during the next offseason?

Our D has played better than I expected they would before the season started."

That's not the problem Ally. And therein lies the problem. I cannot disagree w/ you more that our D has played better than I expected. I can't speak for you obviously, but I expected better than we played last year which was bad, but not nearly this bad. We were told that Ahanotu would 'upgrade' our DL. I agree it did, but what kind of a statement does it make when he's an upgrade?

We've been told what Jenkins, Fletcher, Robinson, would bring. Wire has stepped up to give us some Ss that we simply didn't have last year. Don't you remember how pathetic our S play was last season? It was awful. It's better now. But in the midst of that, and in spite of it, w/ Fletcher being in there and not out like Cowart was w/ injury, w/ Robinson who was supposed to be a huge upgrade in the pass-D department, w/ Schobel in his second season, w/ weak links like Foreman and Hanson (although he contributed emotionally) gone, we were told that our DL had guys that would step up and in fact, many of our DL-men were capable of handling the job.

Where my beef is is that while we did upgrade and while our young players matured a year, that and that alone should have been enough to not make our D this season look like an expansion D. We are in fact (and statistically oh BTW) significantly worse than we were last season w/ no real improvements but many lapses and areas where we've gotten worse.

To top it all off, we have played the easiest part of our schedule so far. Sure we played the Raiders, but we also gave up 42 offensive points to them and would have given up at least 14 more for a minimum of 56 had Rice not had the worst case of the 'dropsies' that he's had in his career. After that, sure, Minnesota ranks 6th in O currently, but they scored 39 v. us as well. We simply didn't give up that many points on a regular basis last season, even to the better teams. After that, we gave up WAY more points than we should have to teams currently ranked 23rd, 32nd, and 28th in the league and almost lost all three of those games while indeed losing one of them.

We have given up an average of over 27 points to three teams w/ an average ranking on O of 28th! Hello! Meanwhile, yet to come, we face teams currently ranked 2nd, 6th, 7th, 9th, and 10th for 7 of our remaining 10 games and ALL of those teams have decent, or better, Ds.

So this then begs the question and a response to your statement; Sure, we can upgrade our D this offseason the way we did the O. But let me ask you this, and this is something, one of those things that EE, cas, TT, etal. simply won't address, why do you think that if the current coaching staff went from bad to WORST and horrible, that adding somemore talent is gonna allow us to make the most out of that? Sure, getting a couple of DTs who can play will help along w/ a LB who isn't washed up. But why won't the coaches mismanage that too? Perhaps we'll assemble the talent to normally put together a D that is ranked in the top 10, but w/ our defensive coaching staff they may only be ranked 22nd!

That's what I've been trying to get everyone to think about and in spite of my efforst and having openly said this in other words, there seems to be little concern that perhaps the coaching on the defensive side of the ball currently is bad enough to turn what should be a great defense into a mediocre one just as they've taken a defense that should be average and turned it into a terrible one! No?

Perhaps it is the "system(s)". IDK fully. But I do know that there is no reason on earth why we should be allowing 8 more PPG when in fact our STs is playing so much ahead of last year that it's silly. There is no way on earth that we should be giving up more rushing yardage AND more passing yardage when in fact we have an offense that went from the 27th scoring offense to the 4th scoring offense. There is absolute no reason for that.

Ergo, I'm suggesting that it's more than talent that is vexing us. I think it's mostly something other than talent or we wouldn't be giving up 24, almost 31 to Houston, and 27 to Chicago taking us to O/T, and 49 in what should have and could easily have been 70 to the Raiders.

When you consider that Garner, Thomas, Wells, Bennett/Williams are not among the top backs in the league, and that Martin and the Jets had no rushing game, and then you consequently look at the RBs coming up that we have to play, you can only assume that if Bennett and Moe Williams can put up near 200 yards rushing, that we're in a world of hurt against the RBs that are among the top 5 or 10, particularly when you consider that just about all of those teams have very balanced offenses as well. K.C., G.B., Miami, N.E., S.D., and now the Jets are getting back into the fray even.

I simply don't see how now that we play teams w/ even more offensive talent, we are gonna hold any team to under 30 points. And this just in, as we found out this past week, we simply aren't going to score 45 points each week. Some weeks we may struggle to put 30 on the boards. That simply won't be enough to win.

Am I happy about this? NO! Absolutely not. I can tell you what I am, and that is puzzled and perplexed that not too many people are raising the same questions. Because I would like to head into next season w/ a moderate schedule and know that we have competent coaching. Right now, there is no other conclusion to draw other than since the player mix did not get worse, yet our defensive play has by a large margin, that the only other thing that it could be is the coaching.

Yet, things unchanged, we will take this same lame "big, bad, 46-D" into next season. And we'll have the same D.C. If we don't, then that means we'll have a new one, probably new schemes, and a necessary "getting-used-to" period that could hamper us again.

I'd like to see us come out of the gates next season firing on all cylinders!!! I'd like to see us start 5-0. Henry may show that he is the one, and if he is, if he can start producing on a game-by-game basis, and if he can quit fumbling the ball, he'll be one of the better RBs in the league. I still say it's only 40/60 that that happens, nevertheless, that's good odds for the most part.

But the last thing that I would like to see next season is us struggling on D in spite of "all the talent" that we added simply b/c we are forcing a scheme that we are not made up for or b/c the coaches on the defensive side of the ball don't know what they're doing, don't have the requisite experience, or simply aren't creative enough or mentally sharp enough to be a step ahead of the opponent. That's what I'm seeing this year so far. And if it doesn't improve, it will take a D that we "improve" yet again, and get much less out of it than we should.

Yes, this was a rebuilding year. But the big question that I have is did the FO/coaching do everything that they could to improve this team? I don't think so. We never brought in some very good DL-men who signed elsewhere for very reasonable prices. We brought in yet another round of stiffs from Pittsburgh and Tennessee that either didn't pan out or aren't contributing in any significant fashion. It's frustrating when as a fan, someone who doesn't even watch the Titans regularly, can easily have seen that Robinson had lost a step such that he wasn't anywhere near what GW told us we're getting, yet, w/ ALL the film and references that were available to them, TD and GW couldn't see the same thing themselves.

We could have done much, much more. And unless there are some changes, we're not gonna make the most out of what we have next year either. Coaching changes, sharper off-season decision making, etc. If you really think about it, the only offseason move other than our draft, that has panned out the way it was billed, even better IMO, is the Bledsoe trade. Big name players who were supposed to "transform" this team were Robinson, Fletcher, Jenkins, and Teague. None of them is getting peanuts, and yet none of them are contributing mightily. Teague is good, but at Center we could have done MUCH better if we had taken a true Center. We could have gotten better for less. Again, I, as a non-professional could easily see that after only one season of starting at T, that Teague at around 290 wasn't going to play T for us effectively this season. So why, with all the film and other info, can't our "pros" see this?

I have much less confidence going into next season that many of you do. But again, IMO, if we aren't good enough to come out of the gates next season at say a5-1 or 6-0 even w/ the way Drew has transformed our offense, then I'm gonna be awfully disappointed. And before everyone says "just wait", I will reply for what? To watch our coaching staff do less w/ more again next year? To bring in a bunch of stiffs and pay them bookoo bucks when they could get much better players for the same amount of money?

Anyway, you've even got me scared now w/ the length of this post, :D.

I'm not an anti-fan as anyone from last year will attest, and I'll be screaming my brains out in Miami on Sunday in spite of being seated amidst a ton of Phin fans. I'll be very hoarse after the Pats game too. But I am not gonna give our last offseason a pass and hope that next year's will be much better w/o some changes in the management ranks. We as the fans are paying the ticket prices and as such, IMO, we have the right to express our opinions. Buying season tickets is tantamount in the NFL to purchasing stock. You now are an "owner", proverbially speaking of course, of the team.

Anyway... :D

casdhf
10-15-2002, 08:53 AM
I didn't read that, but I'll assume it sucks :D

WG
10-15-2002, 08:54 AM
P.S. I may be wrong about how our team plays coming down the stretch, but I doubt I've misread how we're playing that badly. We may improve, but as of yet that is and has not happened on a consistent basis, at least not enough to say that we are in fact improving. STs of course is the lone exception. Even the O isn't improving. It simply started at a high level. Actually, the challenge will be to keep it to that level.

This Miami game will reveal much...

WG
10-15-2002, 09:05 AM
I know cas! But you'll feel free to comment on it derogatorily. It's a good piece though. Probably my best over the past several weeks. I'll simply dismiss all of your criticisms then w/ the understanding that you have no clue what I'm actually saying even though it all made perfect sense!

Meanwhile, keep sticking your proverbial head in the sand and put on your Pom-Poms and regardless of how good we actually are, keep telling everyone how we'll be 16-0 next year or how we'll finish this season 13-3. ;)

Don't be too puzzled however when the same problems and issues that haunt us now remain throughout this season and into next.

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2002, 10:00 AM
I physically laughed out loud when after reading the 6000 word post, the next post was a PS from wys.

I'm with you in the fact that some of the FA moves were ??. Did they really bring in Teague to be a C? Robinson is a no show. Jenkins has grabbed some bench. The draft appears solid. I have no real beef with TD. If nothing else, these moves have made the depth better.

I'm also with you on GW. He stubbornly stuck with the WCO last year with RJ which spelled disaster. To save his skin, he may have to bring in an experienced DC next year that will have a system that plays to the players strengths, not just have a system and try to plug in guys that don't fit. TD's toughest decision in this off season will be whether or not to get rid of GDub.

At least we have a fighting chance against the stinking fish. Beats the hell out of last year.

Ð
10-15-2002, 07:22 PM
doh!

WG
10-15-2002, 10:22 PM
LOL

Thanks EE!

I suppose we can also just ditch this 46, and there's no reason to wait to do that, eh.

"At least we have a fighting chance against the stinking fish. Beats the hell out of last year."

As to the game on Sunday, I think we essentially have to play perfectly and hope that they have some lapses in order to win this one. They have just as strong of an overall offense as we do, just that they are much more balanced. Meanwhile, their D is superior in every way.

It'll be interesting.

Ð
10-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Bump, Bump, Bump! :D

Nice, balanced offence, Mijami.
Balanced in terms of turnovers :D

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Sure:

Miami's foot will be up our arse!

41-17 Phins!

Williams w/a close to 200-yard day. Fiedler w/ a good performance on top of that as Watson learns to spin, spin, spin his way to getting cut!
Henry being taken out of the game practically while we try to play catch-up from the 2nd Q on.

As much as I'd love to beat the Phins into oblivion Doug, it simply ain't gonna happen. WAY too much talent on their side on all sides of the ball. The heat won't do us any favors either. And if Williams ain't back on the OL, the Texan DL this week will look like a pop-warner line.

Anything else?

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/disease_ctrl/epi/htopics/arbo/crow.jpg

Wys is eating a lot of crow lately. His wing sauce supply must be running low by now.

NC-BILLS44
10-21-2002, 01:07 PM

Williams w/a close to 200-yard day.

Anything else?

How much more WRONG can someone be?

WG
11-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Interesting!

Just goin' over some of the criticism that I've had of the team and lo and behold, it now seems that just about all of it was right.

Interesting and a touche for all of you critics!! ;)

Not that I enjoy this. Actually I'm probably more PO'd than all of you that our coaches suck!

Patrick76777
11-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Interesting!

Just goin' over some of the criticism that I've had of the team and lo and behold, it now seems that just about all of it was right.

Interesting and a touche for all of you critics!! ;)

Not that I enjoy this. Actually I'm probably more PO'd than all of you that our coaches suck!

Doesn't seem like it!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/wphillips_head.gif

WG
11-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Oh, I am and have been. I've been PO'd at it from very early on. It's just that when I am, I get labeled a Pats and Fins fan. :D

Yeah, I haven't been happy about it at all. It's just been an uphill battle against you and others who seem to give Gilbride all the credit for what Drew and Moulds and Price do simply by virtue of the talent differential between them and the DBs covering them.