PDA

View Full Version : So what does everyone think of the coaching following the Texan game?

WG
10-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Just curious!

MO:

If Gray is here next year at this time, it's due to his friendship w/ GW!

Danny Smith, barring major STs relapses, deserves some credit for steadily and quietly improving our STs.

Gilbride: Still somewhat puzzled as to why we can't seem to play an entire game in balanced fashion and why it seems that we need to either keep the game close or be down in order to apply that killer instinct in scoring more points. It's almost as if he doesn't want to win by more than 7.

Ð
10-13-2002, 08:24 PM
In a word, Vanilla

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 08:27 PM
The D coaching really concerns me. We are going set a record for most points scored against if we don't get our act together Muy Pronto!!

Special teams play is hugely improved (even though I still hold my breath every time we kick). I need a few more solid games before I can relax a little.

I'm not going to complain about Gilbride at all. After the disaster called "last season", this is light years better. He has us scoring points in droves and actually makes adjustments when they are needed (something that NEVER happened last year). Nope....no complaining from me about his coaching :up:

MissBuffalo
10-13-2002, 08:29 PM
The only thing that bugs me is Gilbrides pass calls on 3rd and 1. Why?? Especially today when Henry was doing good. If Foreman didn't taunt, we would've had to punt.

Rebecky
10-13-2002, 08:34 PM
?? For those of us who didn't see the game -- what changes did the D make in the 2nd half? Looks like they were doing better than in the 1st . . . . .

WG
10-13-2002, 08:35 PM
You're totally right there MissB. He's been doing that all season and I just thought that it was a knock on Henry's confidence. But today several times they passed on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and short when Henry was having a grand day.

I don't think that sends good messages to Henry. I thought they might be trying to rest him on occasion. But the times that it happened he hadn't carried the ball too much or anything.

Odd...!

AWM,

What's distressing is that we play many of the better offensive teams on our schedule from here on out on top of that. If it were up to me, I think I might even cut Gray before the season ends if it doesn't improve soon. He's gotta be gone after this season though just about no matter what. Barring some crazy transformation over the last 10 games.

But we play K.C. w/ Holmes
Miami w/ Fiedler and Williams twice
the Pats twice who many of you will poo-poo, but also who would have beaten us today.
The Packers w/ Favre and Green
The Chargers w/ Tomlinson, a crazy D, and Brees playing well v. our crap D.
The Jets will put up more of a fight w/ Martin being back and healthy.

Heck, even Cincy w/ Dillon and the Lions w/ Stewart trouble me a little bit.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

AWM,

What's distressing is that we play many of the better offensive teams on our schedule from here on out on top of that. If it were up to me, I think I might even cut Gray before the season ends if it doesn't improve soon. He's gotta be gone after this season though just about no matter what. Barring some crazy transformation over the last 10 games.

But we play K.C. w/ Holmes
Miami w/ Fiedler and Williams twice
the Pats twice who many of you will poo-poo, but also who would have beaten us today.
The Packers w/ Favre and Green
The Chargers w/ Tomlinson, a crazy D, and Brees playing well v. our crap D.
The Jets will put up more of a fight w/ Martin being back and healthy.

Heck, even Cincy w/ Dillon and the Lions w/ Stewart trouble me a little bit.

And with that happy thought, I'm going to go watch the Miami game to see how outmatched we are for next weeks game. :wail:

WG
10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
Indeed...!

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 11:08 PM
We are not outmatched. We can move the ball on that defense. And without Chambers we can surely put the clamps on Dumbo.

justasportsfan
10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
I missed Wade Philipps during the half.

Novacane
10-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Just curious!

If Gray is here next year at this time, it's due to his friendship w/ GW!

If GW decides Gray should stay around than TD should fire GW and JG.