I would love this as an answer to our QB scenario!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

I would love this as an answer to our QB scenario!

Note to Bills: Trade 13th pick for Ramsey

Drew Henson or Patrick Ramsey?

Assuming the Buffalo Bills have a shot at obtaining one of them, Ramsey would be my choice. He has a strong arm, a season of experience as an NFL starter, and he’s ready to play now.

The rusty Henson won’t be ready to play this season and might not be ready in 2005. The Bills can’t afford to wait that long.

And as far as I’m concerned, one Buffalo quarterback named Drew is one too many.

If the Bills were to trade or release Drew Bledsoe, he might become NFL Comeback Player of the Year for another team. But considering the way Bledsoe has performed over the past 1½ seasons, I’m convinced that New England coach Bill Belichick knew what he was doing when he let him go two years ago.

Ramsey wants out of Washington because the Redskins agreed to terms with veteran Mark Brunell, and who can blame him?

Washington’s offensive line last season made Buffalo’s OL look like the Great Wall of China. No NFL quarterback — including Bledsoe — took a beating like Ramsey did last year.

Suggestion to Bills general manager Tom Donahoe: Trade the No. 13 overall pick for a package of later picks, including one late in the first round. Send that pick to the Redskins for Ramsey, immediately name him starting QB and release Bledsoe (if he can’t be traded for at least a middle-round pick, and I wouldn’t count on that).

Here's the link:

The Redskins are the home team where I live, and I think Ramsey is a great young QB, with a rifle arm, and great toughness. This would be sweet!
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I don't know if I'd dump Bledsoe immediately. I like this trade idea and would probably like to have Bledsoe and Ramsey compete for the starting job...keep the other as the backup...unless we could get something decent in trade for Bledsoe.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsBoy
      • Aug 2002

Yeah, I wouldn't cut Bledsoe either, but would love to trade for Ramsey and get another pick or so. Don't know if the Skins would be willing to trade him, since they say he is their future. But I don't buy it, and think they are just telling him that to try and keep him under control with the whole Brunell signing.
      If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Big M
        • Jan 2004

It's a thought. I doubt we'd have to give up the #13 pick to get him. The Skins aren't dealing from a position of strength, with Brunell on board and Ramsey obviously upset. The good news is Ramsey has a dirt cheap contract. Still, agent Jimmy Sexson ( also Phillip Rivers agent ) would probably want a new, large contract for Ramsey. So a trade for Ramsey might be more difficult than many think.

Comment

• BillsBoy
          • Aug 2002

I think Ramsey really just wants to play, and to start, since he has been doing for 1 full year minus injury already, and going into his 3rd year. I think they would seek a larger contract, but would much rather go to another team where he will start, and stay with his current contract then stay in Washington.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

Put me in the Ramsey camp also, though I don't think we'll get him.
            He has a terrific arm, is very bright, and weathered the Spurrier caused storm with class and dignity.
            The kid took an absolute pounding last year.
            I think he's a real up and comer.
            With two years seasoning already under his belt, he's ready to go.
            I just don't think we'll get him.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

You know I believe Gibbs when he says he has no plans on trading Ramsey.

Comment

• BillsBoy
                • Aug 2002

There is another article that talks about how Sexton has a lot of pull with the Redskins, as he is also the agent of many other players in the league, including the Skins star left tackle Chris Samuels. It says how they will need him to restructure his contract later, and that they will need to work with him if they want him to work for them.

Anyway, I can dream too, can't I? hehe

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

I thought Ramsey played very well last year, he really impressed me. If I recall correctly, the Bills wanted him, but the skins took him the pick before them.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

this may sound bass ackwards.. but if gibbs wanted to get rid of ramsey.. then i wouldnt want him... and if gibbs keeps ramsey.. then i would want him..

does that make any sense? i guess, what i am saying is, i trust gibbs opinion..

that is why i am glad that brunell didnt go to the fish. i think he still has something left in the tank.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

Gibbs think he has the better chance to win now with the veteran QB. That's fine. Ramsey could even be better than Brunell 2004. If we could obtain Ramsey for a pick from 2005 we could cut Bledsoe, and have a young QB star at cap friendly numbers. Donahoe loves Ramsey already, we know the Bills had him high on their boards.

The best part about Ramsey is that he has leadership qualities. Basically, Pennington with a better arm according to Lavernues Coles....

Comment

• BigZ
                        • Sep 2003

Nice thought but I don't think Gibbs will let him go for a later round draft pick.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          I don't know if I'd dump Bledsoe immediately. I like this trade idea and would probably like to have Bledsoe and Ramsey compete for the starting job...keep the other as the backup...unless we could get something decent in trade for Bledsoe.

If Ramsey won the starting job you would Keep 8million of your cap tied up in a backup QB? Thats nuts

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I dont wanna deal our 1st pick this year for Ramsey Id deal a 2nd and 4th next year for him.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

Tag Winfield and trade him for Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                              X