PDA

View Full Version : March 3rd Looms for Bills

The_Philster
02-24-2004, 05:13 AM
by Bill Pucko, Rochester R News
Free agency begins March 3rd in the NFL. It is by that date the Buffalo Bills will decide the immediate fate of cornerback Antoine Winfield and Pro Bowl guard Ruben Brown. Buffalo has also emerged as a favorite to attempt a deal for quarterback Drew Henson.
Winfield has stated his intention to explore free agency. Brown appears to have worn out his welcome in Buffalo. Those two will create cap space for the Bills in free agency. NFL teams must be under the new salary cap figure of 80.5 million dollars by March 3....

more (http://www.rnews.com/Sports/TopSports.cfm?ID=16503&rnews_story_type=39&category=3)

Tatonka
02-24-2004, 07:25 AM
i dont understand why people keep saying that ruben has worn out his welcome in buffalo??

he said he would take a paycut.. the coach has said he doesnt care about the crap from last year.. and they have had good talks..

i am convinced that ruben will be here.

Jeff1220
02-24-2004, 07:48 AM
I hope Reuben is here. He is overrated, yes, but a solid veteran just the same. I'd like to see RB retire as a Bill.

elltrain22
02-24-2004, 07:52 AM
I agree witch ya tatonka 100%. I hope RB is still here next year, and i believe he will be.

tampabay25690
02-24-2004, 08:31 AM
I also agree, I think Ruben will be in a Bills uniform next year, and I really hope he is. He has always been a fan favorite in the Buffalo area...

askabry
02-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Most draftniks project that at #13, the Bills will be able to pick either the best or second best CB in the draft. If Tommy's got his draft charts in order, he's probably going to make a single offer on Antoine ... but if Antoine looks like he's gonna bolt for $50MM he's out of here.

Ruben ... I don't see how the guy goes anywhere. Overrated? Who cares? At the end of the day, he's the best offensive lineman on the team. Get him to the bargaining table at a reasonable ($2.5MM a year) contract and move on to get yourself another G and a C.

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by askabry
Most draftniks project that at #13, the Bills will be able to pick either the best or second best CB in the draft.
Maybe we should continue our tradition of having an all-Ohio State CB lineup: Chris Gamble.

helmetguy
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
I guess it's gonna take a while for it to sink in that GW and KG aren't here anymore. As best I can tell, the new coaching staff has come into the organization with fairly open minds. That is, none seem to be wed/committed to one single, rigid theory. They sound like they want to explore possibilities on how to make what we have better. Perhaps, once Free Agency begins, and once the draft is over, the critics might realize there is REALLY life after KG and his gynecomastial boss.