PDA

View Full Version : Galloway to Bills?

Romes
02-24-2004, 11:00 AM
I cannot post a link because it is on ESPN insiders but I'll tell you the news.

So, Bills Parcells and the Cowboys are not happy with Joey Galloway's production for the money they are paying him. So, if they cannot re-structure they are likely to cut him. Well, of the teams that are listed to have expressed interest are the Bucs, Bills and Falcons.

Now, my opinion is that this would be a fantastic move. It would bring that speed receiver that we lost when Price left. If Galloway gets cut he would be at or near the top of the list of FA I would want to bring in. He is a burner for sure.

cordog
02-24-2004, 11:02 AM
why the hell not, hes getting up there in age, but for a resonable price, why not

Tatonka
02-24-2004, 11:07 AM
the bucs and cowboys are talking meshawn for galloway right now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/02/24/keyshawn.galloway/?cnn=yes

Devin
02-24-2004, 11:34 AM
wont happen and even if he did he aint what he was. Would rather have Jackson.

Gunzlingr
02-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Devin
wont happen and even if he did he aint what he was. Would rather have Jackson.

agreed

Jeff1220
02-24-2004, 12:02 PM
You guys act like Daryl Jackson is going to be cheap. I'd love to have him too, but he's going to be one of the most expensive WR in FA this year. I just read an article about how Northcut was looking for $5mil per year with a pretty large bonus. I'd imagine DJax will be about the same.
Not only would Galloway would be a much less expensive speed alternative, but a good WR can be found in the first few rounds of this draft. This is one of the deepest WR drafts in history. Why blow a load of dough if you don't have to?

Devin
02-24-2004, 01:31 PM
while this is true WR is also one of the longest positions to develop.

Im not saying we shouldnt draft a WR but the impact WR's are few and far between their first year.

Jackson wont be unobtainable to be honest and we have plenty of cap room to do some damage. Our biggest problem will be getting out bid.

ShadowHawk7
02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't want DJ, even tho he is a great reciever. We don't have to much cap to work w/ this year, and we shudn't splurge. Especially considerin that we have other, more important, holes to fix. (CB, OC, OG, LDE) We cud grab Evans in the 2nd and be no worse off easily. In the FA, w/ our current cap, a great run wud be, Woody, Hicks, Kliensausser, and resign Winfield.

thenry20
02-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
You guys act like Daryl Jackson is going to be cheap. I'd love to have him too, but he's going to be one of the most expensive WR in FA this year. I just read an article about how Northcut was looking for $5mil per year with a pretty large bonus. I'd imagine DJax will be about the same.
Not only would Galloway would be a much less expensive speed alternative, but a good WR can be found in the first few rounds of this draft. This is one of the deepest WR drafts in history. Why blow a load of dough if you don't have to?

Simply because we NEED a receiver right NOW who can help.

We simply can't wait for a WR to blossom in 3 years like Price did!

I just hope Reed will have his breakout year in the upcoming season!

Bert102176
02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I think reed will always be a great 3rd WR but not 1st or 2nd.

Mr. Cynical
02-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Devin
while this is true WR is also one of the longest positions to develop.

Im not saying we shouldnt draft a WR but the impact WR's are few and far between their first year.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. While 1st year breakout WRs like Boldin definitely don't grow on trees, a rookie WR is one of the few rookie positions that can have an immediate impact (some others being RB and DE). The reason is that WRs can rely on their pure athleticism until they learn the game, which then only makes them even better.

IMO, it is positions like DB, QB and LB that take the most time to "grow into" because of the requirement to read offenses/defenses and then react in miliseconds. JM2c...

Romes
02-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by kal123

Not sure I agree with you on this one. While 1st year breakout WRs like Boldin definitely don't grow on trees, a rookie WR is one of the few rookie positions that can have an immediate impact (some others being RB and DE). The reason is that WRs can rely on their pure athleticism until they learn the game, which then only makes them even better.

IMO, it is positions like DB, QB and LB that take the most time to "grow into" because of the requirement to read offenses/defenses and then react in miliseconds. JM2c...

Umm...wide recievers also need to make a ton of reads. In every route there are decisions to be made depending on zone or man, bump or cusion, where the safety is, etc. This is not an a thing where there is an opinion. It is just fact that WR take a few years to develop.

Big M
02-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Sign Marcus Robinson of the Ravens for WR. Went through Knee rehab and really came on in the 2nd half of the 2003 season. Seems to have gotten his speed back. Good hands and goes over the middle. Will cost a fraction of what Jackson or Galloway would command. Remember how well Robinson played for the Bears ? Seems to be back at that level.

don137
02-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by kal123

I respectfully disagree. WR and QB's are some of the toughest positions to adjust to in this league and it takes two to three years to develop with DB's not too far behnd. Experienced DB's know how to keep rookie WR's in check and bump them at the line to throw them off. Boldin and Moss are the only two in recent history that had a good first year but beyond that there hasn't been an impact rookie in many many years. I think the difference in our opinions may be yours and my interpretations of being an impact player. To me 40 catches and 500 yards is not much of an impact.

Valerie
02-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Gosh, I didn't hear about this either. I like Joey Galloway. I will be sad to see him leave the Cowboys. But, I guess if he does leave, I would be happy to see him sign with the Bills. I think he's a decent player who could bring a lot to the Bills. :)

Mr. Cynical
02-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Romes

Umm...wide recievers also need to make a ton of reads. In every route there are decisions to be made depending on zone or man, bump or cusion, where the safety is, etc. This is not an a thing where there is an opinion. It is just fact that WR take a few years to develop.

First, I'm not saying all WRs are impact players in year 1. But IMO, it is RB, WR and DE that have the highest chance of making an impact as a rookie given the reasons I stated earlier. You may have a different *opinion* on this, but again, that does not make it a *fact*.

Rookie WRs *know* where they are going to run. Rookie DBs don't. Therefore, DBs have to *react*, which means more room for error. Hence, a rookie DB can take alot longer to make an impact on a team than a rookie WR. (in general)

Yes, WRs have to make adjustments if there is a blitz and have to change to the hot route, and this only comes with experience. However, the number of times they have to do that is less than when running their intended routes. Which brings us back to the fact that a very athletic and talented WR can (keyword here being "can", not "always") do well without years of experience.

Originally posted by Romes

I think the difference in our opinions may be yours and my interpretations of being an impact player. To me 40 catches and 500 yards is not much of an impact.

I agree - I think we may have differing interpretations. Those 40 catches for 500 yards may have come at key moments to help win the game, so IMO that is making an impact.

caveboy
02-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Moot point IMO on us getting Galloway. As much as Dallas may want to get rid of Galloway, the Tuna wants Keyshawn even more. Gruden won't let Keyshawn go without a shot at something in return, and that's Galloway.

The Spaz
02-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Gruden won't let Keyshawn go without a shot at something in return, and that's Galloway.

The Bucs will be lucky to get anything for him concidering they didn't even want him playing for them anymore. Someone's not going to overpay for a guy who's team doesn't even think of him in high regard.

Marino13Phins
02-26-2004, 07:46 AM
They might have fiedler tossing the rock around for the bucs... so if Key stays he won't be happy :lol:

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
They might have fiedler tossing the rock around for the bucs... so if Key stays he won't be happy :lol:

does TB have cap trouble or have they given up on b.johnson?i don't recall him being a FA.

Marino13Phins
02-26-2004, 07:55 AM
I think they are giving up on him. The bucs were in a list of teams that were interested to have fiedler start... as well as the raiders.... and the last team escapes me at the moment.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2004, 08:03 AM
i thought that b.johnson did an adequate job.didn't he have 3500+ yards and 25 TD passes?he must have had a lot of INTs or something.

Marino13Phins
02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I just think they are looking for someone that can lead a team to victory with his arm, like manning. So I don't knwo why they are even considering fiedler.

Johnson did well in my book. I think he was my fantasy qb in one of my leagues, he did alright.