X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Galloway to Bills?

I cannot post a link because it is on ESPN insiders but I'll tell you the news.

So, Bills Parcells and the Cowboys are not happy with Joey Galloway's production for the money they are paying him. So, if they cannot re-structure they are likely to cut him. Well, of the teams that are listed to have expressed interest are the Bucs, Bills and Falcons.

Now, my opinion is that this would be a fantastic move. It would bring that speed receiver that we lost when Price left. If Galloway gets cut he would be at or near the top of the list of FA I would want to bring in. He is a burner for sure.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

why the hell not, hes getting up there in age, but for a resonable price, why not

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

the bucs and cowboys are talking meshawn for galloway right now.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

wont happen and even if he did he aint what he was. Would rather have Jackson.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
          wont happen and even if he did he aint what he was. Would rather have Jackson.
          agreed
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

You guys act like Daryl Jackson is going to be cheap. I'd love to have him too, but he's going to be one of the most expensive WR in FA this year. I just read an article about how Northcut was looking for $5mil per year with a pretty large bonus. I'd imagine DJax will be about the same.
            Not only would Galloway would be a much less expensive speed alternative, but a good WR can be found in the first few rounds of this draft. This is one of the deepest WR drafts in history. Why blow a load of dough if you don't have to?

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

while this is true WR is also one of the longest positions to develop.

Im not saying we shouldnt draft a WR but the impact WR's are few and far between their first year.

Jackson wont be unobtainable to be honest and we have plenty of cap room to do some damage. Our biggest problem will be getting out bid.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

I don't want DJ, even tho he is a great reciever. We don't have to much cap to work w/ this year, and we shudn't splurge. Especially considerin that we have other, more important, holes to fix. (CB, OC, OG, LDE) We cud grab Evans in the 2nd and be no worse off easily. In the FA, w/ our current cap, a great run wud be, Woody, Hicks, Kliensausser, and resign Winfield.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• thenry20
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  You guys act like Daryl Jackson is going to be cheap. I'd love to have him too, but he's going to be one of the most expensive WR in FA this year. I just read an article about how Northcut was looking for $5mil per year with a pretty large bonus. I'd imagine DJax will be about the same.
                  Not only would Galloway would be a much less expensive speed alternative, but a good WR can be found in the first few rounds of this draft. This is one of the deepest WR drafts in history. Why blow a load of dough if you don't have to?
                  Simply because we NEED a receiver right NOW who can help.

We simply can't wait for a WR to blossom in 3 years like Price did!

I just hope Reed will have his breakout year in the upcoming season!

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I think reed will always be a great 3rd WR but not 1st or 2nd.
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• kal123
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                      while this is true WR is also one of the longest positions to develop.

Im not saying we shouldnt draft a WR but the impact WR's are few and far between their first year.
                      Not sure I agree with you on this one. While 1st year breakout WRs like Boldin definitely don't grow on trees, a rookie WR is one of the few rookie positions that can have an immediate impact (some others being RB and DE). The reason is that WRs can rely on their pure athleticism until they learn the game, which then only makes them even better.

IMO, it is positions like DB, QB and LB that take the most time to "grow into" because of the requirement to read offenses/defenses and then react in miliseconds. JM2c...

Comment

• Romes
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kal123

Not sure I agree with you on this one. While 1st year breakout WRs like Boldin definitely don't grow on trees, a rookie WR is one of the few rookie positions that can have an immediate impact (some others being RB and DE). The reason is that WRs can rely on their pure athleticism until they learn the game, which then only makes them even better.

IMO, it is positions like DB, QB and LB that take the most time to "grow into" because of the requirement to read offenses/defenses and then react in miliseconds. JM2c...
                        Umm...wide recievers also need to make a ton of reads. In every route there are decisions to be made depending on zone or man, bump or cusion, where the safety is, etc. This is not an a thing where there is an opinion. It is just fact that WR take a few years to develop.
                        Originally posted by paladin warrior
                        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Big M
                          • Jan 2004

Sign Marcus Robinson of the Ravens for WR. Went through Knee rehab and really came on in the 2nd half of the 2003 season. Seems to have gotten his speed back. Good hands and goes over the middle. Will cost a fraction of what Jackson or Galloway would command. Remember how well Robinson played for the Bears ? Seems to be back at that level.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kal123

I respectfully disagree. WR and QB's are some of the toughest positions to adjust to in this league and it takes two to three years to develop with DB's not too far behnd. Experienced DB's know how to keep rookie WR's in check and bump them at the line to throw them off. Boldin and Moss are the only two in recent history that had a good first year but beyond that there hasn't been an impact rookie in many many years. I think the difference in our opinions may be yours and my interpretations of being an impact player. To me 40 catches and 500 yards is not much of an impact.

Comment

• Valerie
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

Gosh, I didn't hear about this either. I like Joey Galloway. I will be sad to see him leave the Cowboys. But, I guess if he does leave, I would be happy to see him sign with the Bills. I think he's a decent player who could bring a lot to the Bills. :)

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
                              X